DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

So what's the story on Chris Knights? He's great value in Supercoach if he's fit to go from Round 1, but UI've read little apart from a post on here about him hurting his groin.

I also rate Dangerfield but he seems not to be a particularly prolific SC point scorer, unless there's a chance he'll finally be sent full-time into the midfield.

Any information gladly appreciated.

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Knights is just plain injury prone. He has potential to score very highly, but he also has the potential to miss a lot of games. High risk selection all-round. For what it's worth, he's playing the MMC game this weekend.

Dangermouse will continue to swap between midfield and full forward. You seem to have a pretty good read on his scoring already. He'll probably improve slightly, having (hopefully) learned how to get the uncontested footy over summer, but I don't see him being a 100% midfield option any time soon.

So let me get some facts on Brodie Martin:
How has his pre season been?
Will he be a lock in the team if fit, and if so where will he be played?
He scored 100 in his last league start, is this kid a genuine ball magnet or did he just have a day out?
Is he a better option as a midpricer than a rookie like David Swallow

Thankyou very much

His pre-season has been good, as good as anyone's and he's got a lot of Crows fans very excited.

He's played 4 games so far in his AFL career. He didn't get much of it in his first game, though he showed some exciting signs. His second game was amazing, considering he played half of it with an ACL injury which would cause him to miss the next 12 months.

His first game back after the knee injury was very rusty. A week later he played the 100 point blinder.

I can't guarantee that he'll play all 22 games, but I'd expect him to play quite a few this year and he's a very good chance of being in the R1 team. If you were looking for an Adelaide player who is lowly priced and likely to play regular games, with the potential to score highly, then you could do a LOT worse than Brodie Martin.

Martin is a ball magnet, though his 100 point game was above the standard you'd usually expect (and achieved against a St. Kilda side that clearly had no interest in winning the match). I would expect him to maintain a 60-90 standard.

Hard to get a finger on how Swallow will go, but for the price it's hard to go against him.

Norman gunston

Hi guys,I have been very interested in Norman since he arrived and read with high hopes the words from I think a hawthorn supporter that this kid is a real beauty. How do you think he is traveling , what's his chances this year and what position do you think he will best settle into . Thank you

Knights is just plain injury prone. He has potential to score very highly, but he also has the potential to miss a lot of games. High risk selection all-round. For what it's worth, he's playing the MMC game this weekend.

Dangermouse will continue to swap between midfield and full forward. You seem to have a pretty good read on his scoring already. He'll probably improve slightly, having (hopefully) learned how to get the uncontested footy over summer, but I don't see him being a 100% midfield option any time soon.

Thanks, mate. I like both players, and Dangerfield's been in my Supercoach team since he started, but he never seems to score high enough consistently enough.

You've got some good kids and I rate Brad Moran too, if he can stay on the park.

Cheers.

Which players do you think are ready to step up to the next level?

Crows must have a bunch, they seem to have a whole team of second tiered players ready to take over more responsibility with the retirements of senior players. Who do you think are the dark horses?

Also, thoughts on Otten as a rookie?

Shitty luck with your injuries yesterday boys.

With that in mind though, and given his performance yesterday, I raise the McKernan question again - how's he shaping up for round 1 now?

One would assume that if Tippett doesn't pull up from his ankle in time, McKernan would be taking his spot in the 21.

Lads ive noticed scott thompson has only played 1 P/S match, is he injured or does he just have the luxury of watching the nothing games til Rd1 starts?

Lads ive noticed scott thompson has only played 1 P/S match, is he injured or does he just have the luxury of watching the nothing games til Rd1 starts?
No injury that the club has mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

did sloane play yesterday? is he the man to step up to 90+ this year? i really like him as a player but he is in the price bracket dt wise as a few others im also looking at.

whats do you think of his prospects?

Any chance that Brodie Smith will make a round 1 debut?

He played in one match of the round robin against Port Adelaide then took a rest before playing against Carlton on Friday. But he would have the luxury of resting if he wanted to which is what I think happened the week before (or as they put it down, "general soreness").

did sloane play yesterday? is he the man to step up to 90+ this year? i really like him as a player but he is in the price bracket dt wise as a few others im also looking at.

whats do you think of his prospects?
I think Sloane could step up but not sure about a 90+ avg for DT. He did really well in the match before Carlton when we were missing our elite midfielders (30 touches and 3 goals I think) but with them back in the side it might slow his scoring rate down a little. I'm not sure what he scored against Carlton (I didn't think it would be too high) but I heard he finished with 8 tackles which is pretty decent.

Any chance that Brodie Smith will make a round 1 debut?
His chances would be rising every NAB cup game he has played so far and with the injury to Martin (ACL or not) he will be out for a little while I would think which means it has only opened up another spot in the team for someone like Smith to grab.

Would you blokes be able to advise me on where Brad Moran is at? Cheers

You're probably in as good a position to tell us.. Given that he played against your mob last Friday at Princes Park.

He's fit & uninjured, but by all reports he didn't do himself too many favours.

He's definitely one to keep an eye on, at his price he's an absolute steal if he actually plays. However I think at this stage he's unlikely to get a game in the first month or so. Round 1 is shaping to be Maric as our ruck with McKernan as a backup, doubling as a key forward. We've also got Jacobs there, who will likely take Maric's role once he finds form and fitness.

Moran is no doubt worth keeping an eye on, however at this stage our whole ruck set up is pretty up in the air, in terms of how we will operate our ruck battery come round 1, so I wouldn't count on him getting games. Besides, there's guys more likely to get a consistent game for a similar price out there.

Following on from the above question about Smith, if he were to play rd 1 what sort of role would he play? Designated kicker out of defence would make him absolute SC gold.

I also went and saw your boys go around last friday and I swear at one stage I saw Otten matched up on Judd. Does he normally have a tagging role when running thru the middle or just a one-off?

Cheers

cheers lads. Will defo keep an eye on him/training reports etc. I have vivid memories of him destroying us in Adelaide.

I'm sure he will find it tough to break in with Jacobs coming over but never know if he's fit and a few injuries come along. He can play a few spots on the ground that's for sure.

Following on from the above question about Smith, if he were to play rd 1 what sort of role would he play? Designated kicker out of defence would make him absolute SC gold.

I also went and saw your boys go around last friday and I swear at one stage I saw Otten matched up on Judd. Does he normally have a tagging role when running thru the middle or just a one-off?

Cheers

Probably just giving Reilly, our #1 tagger a chop out, Otten would likely have a more offensive role whilst running through the midfield. Doughty and van Berlo would have to be 2nd and 3rd in line as taggers behind Reilly.

Cheers
You do realise that "designated kicks" out of defence don't actually count as statistics? OK, the 2nd disposal counts if they kick it to themselves and then kick it a 2nd time, but the 1st disposal doesn't count.

You do realise that "designated kicks" out of defence don't actually count as statistics? OK, the 2nd disposal counts if they kick it to themselves and then kick it a 2nd time, but the 1st disposal doesn't count.

I don't necessarily mean kick outs but if he were to be the one who receives the kick out, floating around a HBF rebounding 50 or receiving the ball from a tall who has intercepted etc he'd be good for SC. Would that be a role he'd play?

Remove this Banner Ad

DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back