DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is the dedicated thread to all matters regarding Dream Team or Supercoach questions, including but not limited to the likelihood of youngsters playing games, their positional movements and so forth.

All DT/SC discussion is to be kept in this thread. DT posts in other threads will be moved to this thread and the poster will be given a yellow for their first offence. Further instances will attract a red

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Did Dangerfield play in the match against Freo and how did he play?

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Symes play today? Media articles didn't mention him, just searched the thread and saw he did. Sort of answers my question, but would like to know how you guys thought he went today anyway. :)

Dangerfield played against Freo. Was ok without being outstanding, did some of his usual terrific stuff, kicked a goal and stuffed up a few times. Had a better game in round one of the NAB Cup.

Symes had a good game. He's excellent at reading the play and knowing where to run. His issue is with disposal but he's one of the more reliable players in our team as far as consistency and stats go. The problem is whether or not he is in our best 22. Wait until closer to round one. I think there are better options at other clubs for his price.

Which one of McKernan and Callinan should I pick for my forward line? Or is it too early to tell?

McKernan is an unknown right as to whether he will play round one. He'll almost definitely get games this year though. Wait until closer to round one before you decide, but even then, don't expect him to rack up great scores. He'll show things here and there but it'll mostly be a year about giving Shaun opportunities to prove himself. Also be aware that he's fighting Walker and Tippett, and Henderson to a lesser degree, for tall forward spots. Honestly, despite the low price, I don't recommend him just yet.

Callinan on the other hand is definitely worth it. You'll have to wait to see if he is upgraded off the rookie list or not, but signs are pointing to yes - out of all the rookies on our list, he's the most advanced and has played the most time in pre-season games. He's also a forward line crumber, something we desperately need to complement our tall timber. He's also only 80K. Go for it.

I'd put money on Callinan making the round 1 side. He's a better choice than McKernan anyway as far as DT goes - McKernan is all about impact and value for possessions, whereas Callinan gets involved in general play in addition to his goalkicking.

Is it true that Knights injured his groin yesterday?

Geez, Sloane and Martin are just making it tougher and tougher for me to ignore them, they're seriously going to make me brake my rule of no more than 1 mid-range priced player per line. :eek::mad:

McKernan is an unknown right as to whether he will play round one...

I'd put money on Callinan making the round 1 side. He's a better choice than McKernan anyway as far as DT goes...

Cheers guys. :thumbsu: I wanted to get McKernan because I like his marking (and his DP could be handy), but in the end it's all about the points.

what are your thoughts on Brodie Smith??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any value in picking up brad moran? will there be a regular spot?

How is Ian Callinan going?

How is Ian Callinan going?
just alright, he should sneak in for round 1, but if doesnt preform will be 1 of first dropped. Sort of a gamble. Anyway Rory Sloane heard he played well and read Rucci article. Rucci doesnt have a clue though have you all got him in your dream teams.

hey lads....if moran is fit (thats a big if) is he locked into the team? whether it be ruck or elsewhere?

i reckon he could be a bargain 4th ruck who could suprise a few with his scores.

is he miles behind jacobs maric ect? or ahead of them

cheers!

just alright, he should sneak in for round 1, but if doesnt preform will be 1 of first dropped. Sort of a gamble. Anyway Rory Sloane heard he played well and read Rucci article. Rucci doesnt have a clue though have you all got him in your dream teams.

I have him in mine at the moment, although he's at that risky point where he hasn't yet proven himself to be a consistently high scorer and yet he's at a price where you'd want him to become a regular 90+ kind of scorer, otherwise you're better off going for a rookie priced player and using the money elsewhere. Its a tough one, but from what I've seen/heard this preseason, I think he's a sure bet, although that opinion may change before round 1.

Armstong and Cook, what will their chances for game time be this season?

Armstrong is suspended for the first 4 weeks of the season and Cooks probably a fair way back in the pack chasing first 22 spots. I'd look elsewhere.

Rucci doesnt have a clue though have you all got him in your dream teams.
what's his price?
I have Martin in my midfield, but if I thought Sloane was well priced, I might try and sneak him in instead of Martin

hey lads....if moran is fit (thats a big if) is he locked into the team? whether it be ruck or elsewhere?

i reckon he could be a bargain 4th ruck who could suprise a few with his scores.

is he miles behind jacobs maric ect? or ahead of them

cheers!

I wouldn't expect him to play in RD1. Personally, I see him as more of a depth player if Jacobs or Maric happen to go down.

Having said that though, he is still probably the best out of all the 4th ruck options so I wouldn't be taking him out of your team just yet.

what's his price?
I have Martin in my midfield, but if I thought Sloane was well priced, I might try and sneak him in instead of Martin

He's no bargain... from memory he's in the low $200k range. $220k or something like that.

He'll probably go up to the high $200k range, perhaps low $300k if he has a good year, but he's not exactly a must have bargain choice.

Hi Guys

Tassie boy here and good luck to wingnut callinan. Deserves his chance and im sure he will be a great pick up.

Can i get your thoughts on DAniel Talia? Is he in the best 22?

Can i get your thoughts on DAniel Talia? Is he in the best 22?
Not at this stage. Has to fight it out with a lot of other KPPs, many of them young bulls like himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back