DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Brodie Martin.. is he safe for the next 5 weeks?

Scoring handy enough DT points. wouldnt have a clue how hes been playing though. Can anyone please shed some light?

Re: DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries

Brodie Martin.. is he safe for the next 5 weeks?

Scoring handy enough DT points. wouldnt have a clue how hes been playing though. Can anyone please shed some light?
No reason for him to be dropped anytime in the near future, given how long our injury list is and how far away the others are from returning.

Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts on Brodie Smith and his job security. I see your injury list is a mile long, so he should be safe for a few more weeks. right?? Cheers guys

Hey guys, just wondering what your thoughts on Brodie Smith and his job security. I see your injury list is a mile long, so he should be safe for a few more weeks. right?? Cheers guys
injury list continues to mount, but Brodie Smith's form has also been very good as well, so i don't see him being dropped any time soon.

injury list continues to mount, but Brodie Smith's form has also been very good as well, so i don't see him being dropped any time soon.
After just 2 games, any chance of a prediction about who will be a better SC cashcow? Or is that just splitting hairs?

Edit: McKernan (my bad)

After just 2 games, any chance of a prediction about who will be a better SC cashcow? Or is that just splitting hairs?
Who are we supposed to be comparing Brodie with?

Like the bloke above I've narrowed it down to McKernan and Smith for my sc team.

McKernan - 98 and 41 (ave 69.5)
Smith - 48 and 86 (ave 67)

I'll be honest with you I don't know much about either player except McKernan plays as a tall and Smith has been named on a wing this week and made 7 tackles last week so i'm just trying to figure out who has more job security.

And also who has more weeks in them because in reality i'm only looking to keep them for 4-6 weeks. I'm leaning Smith for his scoring potential because generally the smaller blokes are more consistent but from what I read he's probably got less job security?

Looking at your injuries you've got a few who are about a month away and i think also Jacobs is a few weeks away as well. Cheers.

Adelaide
Ian Callinan (bicep) - indefinite
James Craig (hamstring) - 4 weeks
Phil Davis (shoulder) - 3-4 weeks
Michael Doughty (corked leg) - test
Richard Douglas (hip) - test
David Mackay (shoulder) - indefinite
Jason Porplyzia (shoulder) - indefinite
Sam Shaw (hamstring) - 3-4 weeks
Rory Sloane (thumb/jaw) - 3-4 weeks
Daniel Talia (achilles) - 2-3 weeks
Bernie Vince (ankle) - test

My money would be on Smith. McKernan scored his big score when Tippett was out of the side, but won't get as much supply with Tippett there. Smith will only get better and better, and given our injury list is unlikely to be dropped in the next six weeks.

That said, I should probably admit I have McKernan in my side and not Smith :eek:

Smith has by far the greater job security and I'd be selecting him on that basis alone.

cmndstab also raises a good point about McKernan's scoring potential being severely degraded as a result of Tippett's return.

My money would be on Smith. McKernan scored his big score when Tippett was out of the side, but won't get as much supply with Tippett there. Smith will only get better and better, and given our injury list is unlikely to be dropped in the next six weeks.

That said, I should probably admit I have McKernan in my side and not Smith :eek:

Smith has by far the greater job security and I'd be selecting him on that basis alone.

cmndstab also raises a good point about McKernan's scoring potential being severely degraded as a result of Tippett's return.
Cheers fellas, Smith it is :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Vince fine? Just seen three reports: the injury list saying test, the teams list with him playing on half-forward flank, and SC listing him as returning in round 7...
Only just traded him in, god I hope he's fine...

Is Vince fine? Just seen three reports: the injury list saying test, the teams list with him playing on half-forward flank, and SC listing him as returning in round 7...
Only just traded him in, god I hope he's fine...
Should play, but may not be quite 100%.

any guesses as to who the sub will be for you guys?
i brought in smith this week and im just praying it's not him!

any guesses as to who the sub will be for you guys?
i brought in smith this week and im just praying it's not him!

It could be Luke Thompson , or Cook who i would pick as the sub

It could be Luke Thompson , or Cook who i would pick as the sub
Luke Thompson is Davis' replacement, so i doubt he'd be used as a sub. a running player like Cook or Wright would be the obvious choices.

Basically I've been following Brad Symes all pre season and even though he has terrible job security, had him picked before Round 1. Wasn't named so had to take him out.

122 last night. I missed the match, but will he hold his spot, at least for a few weeks now and if he does is he straight out when Mackay/Sloane/Others? are fit?

Thanks guys.

Basically I've been following Brad Symes all pre season and even though he has terrible job security, had him picked before Round 1. Wasn't named so had to take him out.

122 last night. I missed the match, but will he hold his spot, at least for a few weeks now and if he does is he straight out when Mackay/Sloane/Others? are fit?

Thanks guys.
Really tough question. He gets so much of the ball but his disposal is shocking. He gets crucified on this board but there are a fair few others (Cook, Jaensch, Henderson, Wright, Martin possibly) that would probably make way before Symes.

So (unfortunately) he's relatively secure for now.

With that said, he's still horrible value in dream team and there are a million players I would recommend before Symes. :D

He's not in the best 22 if/when everyone is fit. Who knows when that will next happen though?

Last night's performance was an aberration - he doesn't normally get that much of the ball. On the other hand, his slow hospital passes were 100% trademark Symes, as was the regular turning over the ball by kicking it directly to the opposition. None of this affects his DT score...

Thanks guys, I don't know if it was an aberration though, he's scored well in the past, and in this pre season got like 70 from a half of football!

Still, don't think he's worth the risk for mine, cheers.

Can you guys tell me what Luke Thompsons job security is like and what role he is playing?

I was going to go Otten > Coad and Knights > Higgins or Krakeour > Higigns but now that Coad is injured there's only Luke Thompson to downgrade Otten to.

Remove this Banner Ad

DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Please post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach/Player Injuries here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back