DREAM TEAM/SUPERCOACH - Post ALL queries regarding Dream Team/Supercoach here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thought.

I definitely want to get Davis in this week but I'm a little worried he'll be gone soon on the basis of the fact that he wasn't really played until the injuries hit. Who knows, I could be wrong.
that's what i thought, but then selections this week showed the inclusions of both Bock and Stevens...yet Davis did not get dropped (not that his form warranted it), so will be interesting to see how long he stays in. as long as he keeps up his form, he might stay a while, but if his form drops, he could easily be dropped.

Hey guys...

Just added Tippett to my SC (and will add to my DT next week.. no DT trades left). Now Adelaide seem to playing a more direct/attacking gamestyle I think he will recapture some of his 2009 form... and at $280k (down $145k this season) I think he is a steal ATM.

In the meantime do you think Bock is worth pulling in as well? From memory he normally racks up the stats (and SC/DT points). He is currently going for $440k (down $90k for the season). Strongly thinking about bringing him in to strenthen my average defence.

Thoughts?

* all prices listed above are SC prices.

Is Jaensh going to stay long in the side?
Been performing really well at SANFL level all year, and a lot of us thought he should have come in a while ago. Should get a pretty decent run in the team now that finals are almost non existent, and a long injury list to some key players. Personally, I will be downgrading Danger to him next week.

i think Jaensch will be in the team as long as Danger is still recovering from his fractured wrist. his form in the mean time will determine whether he stays beyond that or not.

Tippett...once Sellar returns, and Tippett plays entirely up forward, is when his form will return to what it was in the second half last year.

Bock has just returned from injury...that was his first game back, so his score was down, but in general, i'm unsure about Bock. i'm sure he'll return to form soon though.

Davis increased by about $70k over the weekend so am pretty happy with that, should be in the $200k bracket if he keeps his place this weekend and gets about 50 points.

Davis increased by about $70k over the weekend so am pretty happy with that, should be in the $200k bracket if he keeps his place this weekend and gets about 50 points.

Given the LTI to Trent Hentschel and Brad Moran, the biggest threat to Davis keeping his spot in the team is the return from injury of James Sellar as our second ruckman, or Jon Griffin if you like to play the long odds.

Given the LTI to Trent Hentschel and Brad Moran, the biggest threat to Davis keeping his spot in the team is the return from injury of James Sellar as our second ruckman, or Jon Griffin if you like to play the long odds.

I still think we're still 1 tall "short" (excuse the pun:eek:). At the end of last year, our side consisted of 3 tall defenders (Rutten, Stevens and Otten), 2 ruckman (Maric and Sellar) and 3 tall forwards (Tippett, Hentschel and Burton). All year we've been playing well short of that in the KPP stakes and whilst there's a big argument for more runners these days where the F*** has it gotten us? It was good to see us rectify this to a certain extent on the weekend, with Bock and Stevens both returning, but I think we could still fit one more in. As the old saying goes, players don't get any shorter as the match goes on.

So in conclusion, when Sellar does return, I'd still like to think there's a place there for Davis still, especially if he continues his current form. Griff I think will have to knock Maric out of the side if he wants a run IMO, we need a 2nd ruck who can also play as a KP in his own right and hence can actually do some genuine relief work around the ground. Unfortunately Griff doesn't fit that bill and Maric is in some pretty decent from at the moment.

How far away is Dangerfield from coming back? Got him on my emergencies and looking to trade him, but if he's not far away, I have other forwards I'd rather trade away first. Cheers.

can crows fans give me some thoughts on both goodwin and bock (supercoach).

I have both in my team from the start (thinking crows would be top 4 contender this year).

Both have really struggled this year and dropped considerably. I know bock has been injured but he still wasnt going that great prior to injury.

Is it worth persisting with both or letting one or both go?

Are they likely to return to form and post good scores?

Out of curiosity what players have you guys got from Adelaide in your teams?
I started with Tippett and Dangerfield
Tippett got shot out after rd 3 for Sandilands
Dangerfield was cut for $ with Podsially going into round 5, and that $ went towards getting Judd in for Dustin Martin

I picked up Davis last week because I needed another forward after Brisbane cut Rockliff so Hitchcock got the chop

sorry mattyb, im not that good with supercoach, I'm in the bottom 50% of the 300,000+ players :eek:
while im in the top 3,000 of dream team :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am coming here to break up with you guys...it is time to part ways...my pre season research included much time on this Adelaide board listening to your trusted opinions and forming my own. Having decided the Crows were a top four side and possibly premiers all being right, I put together my Supercoach team.

You convinced me "the emerging superstar pre season giant Tippett was a lock, Dangerfield was a bargain, Goodwin will guarantee me 100 av for the year and Vince could be anything. At the last minute, I took out Vince for Pendlebury, thank goodness.

But after using four trades to get rid of Tippett and Dangerfield, you guys have let me down.

Dare I ask you should I trade Goodwin out this week for Gilbee or Enright.

It was a nice pre season with you guys but it's over now...I need to move on from your board. :(

It's not you..it's me.

I had Mackay and I didn't mind his performance and I still think there might be an upside to him this season, but when I ended up with him, Martin, and Shuey all out I decided to use my leftover cash and trade him for Ablett. ( Because he was worth more than Martin and Shuey ).
I've still got Danger ( not writing him off yet but he might get traded if I lose some of my other forwards ) and I've traded in with Davis and Shmidt, at worse they will be revenue raisers.

I considered Tippett for a ruck, but (luckily) I saw value in Hille, Lleuenberger, Warnock and Natanui. All of them are going up in value still, and three of them are OK to play any week.

Out of curiosity what players have you guys got from Adelaide in your teams?
Tippett and Danger...2 of the 3 downfalls of my original team...both lost me so much money, both i kept too long. Tippett i traded out the week before he had a good game, while i wanted to keep Danger, his injury forced me to trade him to Davis (who is my remaining Crow).
I've still got Danger ( not writing him off yet but he might get traded if I lose some of my other forwards ) and I've traded in with Davis and Shmidt, at worse they will be revenue raisers.
you'll be happy to hear Dangerfield trained this week (though, only trained 1-handed)...and while previously expected to miss a month, he may return as early as round 8. he must have some superhuman healing powers to balance out his talent of getting weird injuries.

he came in for Dangerfield, so when Dangerfield is up for selection (probably next week), we'll see. i know all the fans want him to remain in the team...

There's also a possibility, if he continues to play at least "solid" like he did on his debut, that he could stay in at the expense of Petrenko, who hasn't yet risen above "disappointing".

There's also a possibility, if he continues to play at least "solid" like he did on his debut, that he could stay in at the expense of Petrenko, who hasn't yet risen above "disappointing".
yeh, Petrenko has been really disappointing this year, only because i had such high expectations for the young man, thinking this could be his breakout year. if i had to choose between Jaensch and Petrenko in the team, i'd have Jaensch at this stage. plus, from Petrenko's recent form, he deserves a spell in the SANFL.

yeh, Petrenko has been really disappointing this year, only because i had such high expectations for the young man, thinking this could be his breakout year. if i had to choose between Jaensch and Petrenko in the team, i'd have Jaensch at this stage. plus, from Petrenko's recent form, he deserves a spell in the SANFL.

Petrenko's issue IMO is his body weight, he loves the contested ball and goes as hard as anyone, but unfortunately he brushed aside way too easily. At his weight he needs to be playing a more outside role where he can use his pace. Long term, once he puts on another 5-7 kg's, I reckon he'll make a great Daniel Kerr style midfielder, but at the moment I think back pocket is the place for him, not forward pocket, he just doesn't seem comfortable up forward.

Am I being an absolute idiot tossing up the idea of trading barry hall to tippett?

Call me crazy, but at 280k tippet is looking a little attractive... frees up 130k cash to...

Am I being an absolute idiot tossing up the idea of trading barry hall to tippett?

Call me crazy, but at 280k tippet is looking a little attractive... frees up 130k cash to...

Probably not too crazy, it'd certainly be a risk, but it looks like tippett is on the rebound from his early season poor form and if he captures his preseason form then he's worth every bit of that 280k. Hall on the other hand is very up and down, 100+ one week, 30 the next, very frustrating and he's probably gained all the cash he was going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back