DT Midfielders 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the positions released in the Prospectus where almost all of the gun rooks are mids, is anyone considering starting 3 rookies in the midfield?

I mean you'd only need 3 of Trengove, Martin, Morabito, Cunnington and Shuey for example to play every week for the strategy to work. This could compensate for the relative lack of rookies in the forwards and backs.

Any thoughts?

With the positions released in the Prospectus where almost all of the gun rooks are mids, is anyone considering starting 3 rookies in the midfield?

I mean you'd only need 3 of Trengove, Martin, Morabito, Cunnington and Shuey for example to play every week for the strategy to work. This could compensate for the relative lack of rookies in the forwards and backs.

Any thoughts?

I disagree - midfield bench rookies is generally where the most cash can be made, and thus you want to have those players playing, scoring and generating cash from the get go. It isnt just about scoring points and having 3 of those playing each week but rather having 5 playing - making cash, and also providing cover should you cop a short term injury (quite likely).

Basically you would think Martin and Trengrove are pretty much starting 22 players. They had a decent average last year and haven't really done anything to suggest they won't be regulars.

so it basically comes down to

Morabito, Cunnington and Shuey

vs

Dennis-Lane, Tapascott, Davis + 60K

vs

Sheppard, Davis, McGuire/Hard + 30K

I really like this option. It also allows you to upgrade Morabito to a midpricer midfield who is more than likely a better option than the mid priced fwd you have.

From what I remember it actually worked out quite well for the people that went in with a loaded midfield last year. Quite a few people started with two of Ablett/Bartel/Swan then another two keepers, (eg: gibbs, kornes, selwod)

Benno_900 was one I rememeber who went in with a loaded midfield, who stayed within the top 100 most of the year.

Nah, I didn't. Broke in a few times but hovered around the 300th mark mostly and finished thereabouts. I went in with a midfield of Ablett/Bartel/Selwood/Gibbs/Butler/Anthony (Rich). That worked out fine (Butler aside), it was the forwards that killed me.

This season, I'm liking many of the mids between 250K - 350K and thinking of loading my midfield with them.

What does everyone think of David Mackay, could he be this years Bernie Vince?

In terms of looks, no. Vince is far more attractive.

In terms of football ability, IMO no. Adelaide have far too many other good quality midfielders who will always take time and possessions away from him. He is in that awkward price bracket (especially for a midfielder) of 73ppg where if you select him you'll want him to be a keeper, so IMO he would have to bring that up to a bare minimum of 85 points on average to be considered. I think he'll probably improve a little but not enough. Others may have differing views so wait for them before making a decision.

what do ppl think about the selection of Cale Morton? i remember seeing him getting some reall good scores last ear picking up cheap possessions and so i was surprised to see he only averaged 88. Can a demon supporter shed some light on what they think his role will be this year as he was experimented on the half back flank a bit last year?

Cale should push his avg 5-10 points higher this year.

He was used in a variety of roles in the later stages of last year; as much for his experience as it was our careful 'team management'. I suspect that had an adverse affect on his scores.

He is training really well and put on about 5kg this summer, and I fully expect him to go back to the wing pushing from the hbf into the forward line.

Cale should push his avg 5-10 points higher this year.

He was used in a variety of roles in the later stages of last year; as much for his experience as it was our careful 'team management'. I suspect that had an adverse affect on his scores.

He is training really well and put on about 5kg this summer, and I fully expect him to go back to the wing pushing from the hbf into the forward line.

cheers mate. thats exactly what i wanted to hear

I feel he will also improve his average but im not sure he will do so to the extent to become a premium keeper which is what you want from someone in his price range imo. He may see some low scores if he cops the odd tag as his such an outside player. Pick him at your own peril and be prepared to get a few lower scores as he becomes a more noticed player from opposition clubs. Will average 90-93 imo.

I've taken a punt on both Burgoyne ($314600) and Wells ($298300) in my midfield, does anyone else think they are both worth the risk? My other starting mids are Gibbs, Selwood, Trengove and Pendebury, with Martin and Shuey on the bench. $11700 left in the cap.

I've taken a punt on both Burgoyne ($314600) and Wells ($298300) in my midfield, does anyone else think they are both worth the risk? My other starting mids are Gibbs, Selwood, Trengove and Pendebury, with Martin and Shuey on the bench. $11700 left in the cap.
" In cotton wool: It’s a case of so-far-so-good for Daniel Wells as he eyes a berth in Round 1. Barring setbacks, the luckless Wells may even play the last of the NAB Cup series."

"Kept quiet: Not much has been made of Shaun Burgoyne’s patient return from knee surgery. The former Port Adelaide star has been doing some light sessions with the main group and will be a valuable acquisition in the midfield."

Both players are coming back from injury and haven't had a full pre-season so be wary of that. Plus when burgoyne is fully fit and firing you would assume he will get the tag ahead of hodge, mitchell .etc.
Same should be said for wells

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've taken a punt on both Burgoyne ($314600) and Wells ($298300) in my midfield, does anyone else think they are both worth the risk?

I'd steer clear of Wells. Of course the North board will claim he is better than Ablett but I don't think he'll ever become consistent enough to become a gun DTer.

Not to mention how injury prone he is. Last season he had his best preseason of his career and ended up out injured for almost the whole season.

I've never seen it happen and I don't think anyone would claim he is better than Ablett so I don't know why you said that. I probably won't have him but he is underpriced if he can get back to his late 08 form so worth considering.

Currently the Midfield is my weakest position but I would like some thoughts on this midfield: Gibbs, Selwood, McLean, Dalziell, Trengove and Martin with Shuey and Bastinac on the bench

Thoughts?

Also Rate these Low premium midfielders in order... Ben McGlynn, Cale Morton, Luke Ball, Brock McLean

Now Rate these high midpricers/keepers- David Mackay, Josh P. Kennedy, Callan Ward, Tom Swift, David Armitage, Bradd Dalziell

All Based on value taking into consideration injury, consistency, job security etc.

Am i considered crazy with a midfield like this:

Corey, M.Murphy, Dalziell, Scully, Trengrove, Cunnington?

I'd steer clear of Wells. Of course the North board will claim he is better than Ablett but I don't think he'll ever become consistent enough to become a gun DTer.

Not to mention how injury prone he is. Last season he had his best preseason of his career and ended up out injured for almost the whole season.
Exactly what I was thinking, but his price was really hard to resist, so still really up in the air for me. If he was able to play 18-22 games, do you think a 90-95 average is capable from him?

Abit undecided between Joel selwood or Scott Pendlebury.

Leaning toward Scott pendlebury - think his a ball magnet and gets alota cheap kicks. However, I'm also considering Selwood i think his an absolute gun and Ablett will cop the no.1 tag so i think it helps his scores abit too. Pendlebury will probably cop the no.1 tag - so it scares me abit lol.
I would like an 110avg from one of these guys.

Who do you think will be the better pick?

Leaning toward Scott pendlebury - think his a ball magnet and gets alota cheap kicks. However, I'm also considering Selwood i think his an absolute gun and Ablett will cop the no.1 tag so i think it helps his scores abit too. Pendlebury will probably cop the no.1 tag - so it scares me abit lol.

Looking at this option myself. Both bout the same price and im just not sure who to pick. Pies midfield should be better this season, which should make life easier for Pendles, yet, Selwood is a star, is still getting better and is along side the likes of Bartel, Ablett and Corey. Probably something that may have to wait until NAB cup to see how the pies midfield does with Ball and Jolly

Have got both! So no worries for me.:D But I would lean towards Pendlebury, no particular reason, just gut instinct.

is this midfield any good?

gibbs
deledio
bruce
armitage
palmer/kerr
trengove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back