DT Rucks 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is worth consideration too. IF Warnock is fit and playing he is going to reach at least 250K I suspect and maybe more. If the alternative is to pick Nicnat and strategy is to upgrade your second ruck to Cox it is less likely that he will increase to 380 in value. As a cash cow Warnoch should be superior, however Nic Nat may be a keeper and save you a trade. Also if if you play Warnock, Lobbe is not very solid cover whickh is another risk.

Warnock will never average more than 30 - 40. He is purely a tap ruckman.

There is a ruckman at $190k who looks ok ;)

i was considering kreuz/tippet with seaby and warnock on the pine... then thought it sounded ridiculous..... :eek:

Im going against all the rules this year and am starting Hille and Seaby with Warnock and at this stage Roughy on the pine, will doubts over pretty much all the ruckman i am hoping one of my ruckman becomes a decent keeper and am planning to upgrade one of the others to the best performing ruck.

Am i completely insane, is anyone else going down this path? McEvoy could also feature on my bench depending on how i spend my 120, 000 in the kitty

He never really got into the game- played as i thought he would: like a player who was been out for a while.

It'll take him a few games to get going again, and will certainly drop in price by a decent margin. Im going to start with Sandi and a cheap ruckman and upgrade to cox later in the year.

NicNat backed it up again this week- 15 poss. and won a lot of hit outs. Got a nice goal too. Pretty happy with him as my #2 ruckman at the moment.

I cant possibly think of a 'no risk' combination this year - impossible. You name a ruckman, and theres most likely a number of concerns that people could justifiably raise.

Sandilands and Jolly.

Thats not my combination but it is a 'no risk' combination.

Warnock will never average more than 30 - 40. He is purely a tap ruckman.

There is a ruckman at $190k who looks ok ;)

Mc Evoy is a very risky option. I think he is a good player and will continue to improve this year but there are so many ruckman at St Kilda that it is impossible to tell where Mc Evoy sits and what his role will be.

They have King, Gardiner, Mc Evoy, Kozi (who won't ruck but IS a ruckman), and Pattinson.

It baffles me why they traded for Pattinson, when their ruck stocks are so full and he could barely get a game at Richmond.

What would be a better choice in your opinion.

Two premium starting rucks such as Sandilands and Clark

or

Two mid starting rucks such as Hille and Seaby

???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or

???

are you asking which combo is going to score more? i'm pretty sure you're aware that the first combo will score more. it's impossible to say which combo is "better" without knowing where the money you are saving in going the 2nd option is being spent.

Mc Evoy is a very risky option. I think he is a good player and will continue to improve this year but there are so many ruckman at St Kilda that it is impossible to tell where Mc Evoy sits and what his role will be.

They have King, Gardiner, Mc Evoy, Kozi (who won't ruck but IS a ruckman), and Pattinson.

It baffles me why they traded for Pattinson, when their ruck stocks are so full and he could barely get a game at Richmond.

I think Mc Evoy will be the number one ruck this year with King taking more a coaching role.

Mc Evoy has the ability, as shown last night, to go forward and kick goals, which dramatically increase a rucks score.

Kozi looks completely out of sorts atm. Lyon won't play him in the ruck due his high risk in injury.

Gardiner for mind is his only main competition.

Patterson who? Sandy have picked up a ruckman for 2010

People may forget that Mc Evoy was pick 9 in the 2007 draft. Breakout year baby!

or

???

Two mid rucks is not a good option IMO. If it backfires they might only be avging 60 each and you are losing 60 points already on someone with a premium ruck combo.

Also I cant understand any love for Seaby. The guy is a hack, has never been a DTer.

Also I cant understand any love for Seaby. The guy is a hack, has never been a DTer.

Cost: 52 points
Average without Cox 2006-2008: 75 points

@25 years of age you can do worse.

Cost: 52 points
Average without Cox 2006-2008: 75 points

@25 years of age you can do worse.

Keep in mind though, average without Cox was Seaby rucking all alone (No NicNat until 2009).
The Big Q helped out every now and then but it was mainly just Seaby.

So even though he is now at Sydney, he will still be sharing the TOG with Mumford, in fact, Mumford will probably start on the field (they are paying him over $1 million for four years so they obviously rate him).

I agree though, he is not the worst choice goin around. Still has some value.

are you asking which combo is going to score more? i'm pretty sure you're aware that the first combo will score more. it's impossible to say which combo is "better" without knowing where the money you are saving in going the 2nd option is being spent.

I will probably settle with a Sandilands + Hille combo.

Without listing my team, I would say most of my money will be spent on the backline and forward line.

Midfield will be filled with rookies and Mitchell will be my only premium mid who will get the captains arm band.

Without listing my team, I would say most of my money will be spent on the backline and forward line.

Midfield will be filled with rookies and Mitchell will be my only premium mid who will get the captains arm band.

very risky strategy good luck.

I dont think that will work, you will be missing a lot of points early on. Plus there is always a risk playing rookies because its hard to truly tell how they will go in the season.

I got alot of cash....Got sandi and HMac. Ben Mcevoy looks the goods, he should of been playing last year more and will be the number 2 this year without a doubt. Trying to find a way to squeeze him in!!

I got alot of cash....Got sandi and HMac. Ben Mcevoy looks the goods, he should of been playing last year more and will be the number 2 this year without a doubt. Trying to find a way to squeeze him in!!

I am thinking the same thing. I had Sandi and Nicnat, but now thiking that McEvoy is abetter option than Nicnat at approx 40K less. Personallt i think you are better using the second ruck position to upgrade to a premium and spend the dollars elsewhere, although sonds like you have lts of extra cash anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back