DT/SC Teams(Freo Supporters Post Teams Only Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 20, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
Just wondering for those involved in the leagues and those who aren't, what are your teams for either or both?? Mine are as follows;

DREAM TEAM:

Backs: L.Hodge -- H.Taylor -- D.Wojcinski -- S.Gilham -- P.Ryder -- A.Raines -- M.Maguire (EMG: N.Suban -- T.Slattery)

Mids: G.Ablett -- S.Mitchell -- R.Palmer -- C.Young -- D.Kerr -- M.White (EMG: D.Rich -- S.Blease )

Rucks: A.Sandilands -- M.Kruezer (EMG: J.Tippet -- B.Connelly)

Fwds: M.Pavlich -- L.Franklin -- P.Chapman -- Ja.Roughead -- L.Franklin -- C.Brown -- S.Lucas -- S.Higgins (EMG: H.Ballantyne -- R.Nahas)

SUPERCOACH TEAM:

Backs: L.Hodge -- C.Enright -- D.Wojcinski -- J.Smith -- M.Maguire -- A.Raines -- J.Frawley (EMG: T.Slattery -- N.Suban )

Mids: G.Ablett -- J.Corey -- R.Griffen -- C.Young -- T.Tuck -- M.Coughlan (EMG: D.Rich -- A.Cockie)

Rucks: A.Sandilands -- R.Campbell (EMG: Jo.Roughead -- J.Redden)

Fwds: M.Pavlich -- L.Franklin -- P.Chapman -- Ja.Roughead -- M.Williams -- S.Lucas -- S.Higgins (EMG: H.Ballantyne -- R.Nahas)

What are yours? what do you think of mine?

Not really into SC so I'll just comment on your DT...

Your backs are quite weak, none of them are recognised high-possesion players (except Hodge of course). I think with the amount of decent rookies this year in the centre and forwards, it might be wise to invest downgrade a couple of your gun mids/forwards and put that money in good defenders :)

Not really into SC so I'll just comment on your DT...

Your backs are quite weak, none of them are recognised high-possesion players (except Hodge of course). I think with the amount of decent rookies this year in the centre and forwards, it might be wise to invest downgrade a couple of your gun mids/forwards and put that money in good defenders :)

Thanks, I've changed that backline already too;

Backs: L.Hodge -- G.Birchall -- D.Wojcinski -- R.Hayden -- S.Hill -- A.Raines -- N.Suban (EMG: M.Egan -- T.Slattery)

I'd start again mate.

Not enough premiums in the side. Select 12-15 star quality dream teamers and work from there.

By star quality, I mean players who will be in your side all year and you won't want to trade to a better player (barring injury, suspension, etc).

The only ones so far are Hodge, Birchall, Sandilands, Ablett, Corey, Pavlich, Franklin, Chapman. 8 isn't enough. Roughead is borderline.

Players like Wojcinski, Hayden, Palmer, Young, Kerr, White and Brown should not be in your side. And select Higgins as a forward, not a midfielder.

RE: silverscope's SC team

Backs look fine bar Wojac and Frawley (both have never been decent fantasy players ... no upside for Wojac) ... Maguire's an interesting one, cheap as chips, but if he averages 40ish as per 07 and 08 then he's a dead weight, but if he averages 70ish as per 05 and 06 will be a good selection).

Mids OK ... Young is a poor relative SC scorer (low SC/DT ratio) and Cogs won't be available R1. Personally wouldn't get Rich unless you intend on starting him ... can make more coin from the 94K rookies.

Rucks ... I think you can save some coin on Campbell who's a fairly ordinary scorer, without much upside and spend elsewhere (possibly upgrade Sandi to Cox)

Forwards good, but not a fan of Williams ... not a fantasy player / doesn't have enough upside in him for a midpriced player.

I reckon my dreamteam is going to go alright. Just need to upgrade my backup ruckmen asap. I like my midfield very much and my forward line is pretty strong still.

Backs
H Shaw B Goddard R Hayden
S Hurn J W Smith A Raines J Grimes

I/C Stephen Hill, Nick Suban

Mids
G Ablett <== Dude is untaggable unless its Crowley
J Selwood C Judd S Pendlebury R Palmer
B Houli <=== Still not on this one... Cotchin and Masten are at the same price but Masten is an Eagle and Cotchin has had an interrupted pre-season.

I/C
Patrick Dangerfield
Adam Cockie

Forwards
M Pavlich B Deledio C Rioli
D Headland R Houlihan S Lucas
J Anthony

Might take Cyril out and see what i can change around, i think hes a bit overpriced.

I/C
Ziebell
Ballantyne

Rucks
Dean Cox Shaun Hampson

I/C
Dan currie
Christian Bock

What do u guys think?

Backs
Goddard S.Fisher C.Cornes R.Houlihan Raines Grimes L.Fisher
I/C
Hill Suban
Midfield
Bartel Ablett Daziell J.Selwood Rich Ziebell
I/C
Dangerfield Robinson
Rucks
Cox Sandilands
I/C
Currie Meeson
Forwards
Pavlich Riewoldt Richardson Lucas Higgins Skipworth Ballantyne
I/C
Walker Gumbleton

What do people think of this team? This is subject to change depending on which young players get picked for round 1. Meeson will probably get changed for Giles or Lobbe from port. I still have $32600 left over

Thanks, I've changed that backline already too;

Backs: L.Hodge -- G.Birchall -- D.Wojcinski -- R.Hayden -- S.Hill -- A.Raines -- N.Suban (EMG: M.Egan -- T.Slattery)

You have probably made that back line worse than the first one.

Egan may not even play footy again, and I think you have mixed up the Slattery's, there are two at the Dons...although neither should be in anyones teams.

You can't afford to start two rookie backs unless you are really sure that you will have at least one bench playing.

Also, I love Roger but he isn't a DT'er.

And Wojo? Nojo.

I normally dont but I'm being especially generous this year. Plus this team will change depending on NAB cup form, and round1 selections

Backs
Goddard S.Fisher C.Cornes R.Houlihan Raines Grimes L.Fisher
I/C
Hill Suban
Midfield
Bartel Ablett Daziell J.Selwood Rich Ziebell
I/C
Dangerfield Robinson
Rucks
Cox Sandilands
I/C
Currie Meeson
Forwards
Pavlich Riewoldt Richardson Lucas Higgins Skipworth Ballantyne
I/C
Walker Gumbleton

What do people think of this team? This is subject to change depending on which young players get picked for round 1. Meeson will probably get changed for Giles or Lobbe from port. I still have $32600 left over

Forward line is excellent. Midfield is good but I wouldn't get both Bartel and Ablett. And Dalziell is too expensive for a 2nd year player. Look at Swan/ Cross/ Kornes/ Gibbs.

Backline is too weak for my liking. I'd trade down Bartel to a cheaper premium, trade Dalziell for a different keeper, then with the extra 100-150k, rework the backline.

Also get rid of Dangerfield for a 86k rookie if you need more cash.

Forward line is excellent. Midfield is good but I wouldn't get both Bartel and Ablett. And Dalziell is too expensive for a 2nd year player. Look at Swan/ Cross/ Kornes/ Gibbs.

Backline is too weak for my liking. I'd trade down Bartel to a cheaper premium, trade Dalziell for a different keeper, then with the extra 100-150k, rework the backline.

Also get rid of Dangerfield for a 86k rookie if you need more cash.

Dalziell has had the best dreamteam start of any player ever I believe. He just racks them up and I think there is no reason why he will stop. J.Selwood is the one I'm worried about in the midfield. Would love to have Corey instead but may have to upgrade to K.Cornes instead.

My backline has 3 playes i will keep for the whole year (Goddard C.Cornes S.Fisher) and all the others will make money and Raines may to enough to cement a spot for me. You must have seen the way he played against us. He set up most of Richmond's counter-attacks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't take my last message the wrong way Kenny any advice/suggestions will be taken aboard. I may downgrade a midfielder for a backman like Hodge because the Backline is always the hardest to pick.

Everyone else feel free to comment/help me with team. The more opinions the better

Just wondering for those involved in the leagues and those who aren't, what are your teams for either or both?? Mine are as follows;

SUPERCOACH TEAM:

Backs: L.Hodge -- C.Enright -- D.Wojcinski -- J.Smith -- M.Maguire -- A.Raines -- J.Frawley (EMG: T.Slattery -- N.Suban )

Mids: G.Ablett -- J.Corey -- R.Griffen -- C.Young -- T.Tuck -- M.Coughlan (EMG: D.Rich -- A.Cockie)

Rucks: A.Sandilands -- R.Campbell (EMG: Jo.Roughead -- J.Redden)

Fwds: M.Pavlich -- L.Franklin -- P.Chapman -- Ja.Roughead -- M.Williams -- S.Lucas -- S.Higgins (EMG: H.Ballantyne -- R.Nahas)

Backs - Like Raines and Frawley. Enright is unique. Maguire is a massive risk. Injury prone (14 games in 2 seasons) and only managed 2 scores over 60 in that time. For that price I'd rather have Hill or Grimes that have a lot more reward for their risk. Hodge is likely to be a slow starter with interupted pre season, but if you keep him all season he'll reward you. Wojo is the only other back I'd question, never averaged over 70. He's 28, he's unlikely to break out for a miracle season now. Consider the likes of Houlihan or Malceski for that price range or less. Look to sneak at least another premium in here, Enright and Hodge are the only two that really fit into this category.

Mids - A couple of nice unique selections in there, but again only 2 premiums. You only have 20 trades in a season. You won't be able to upgrade everyone. Coughlan isn't worth the heartbreak, too injury prone. Either go down to a Robinson/Ziebell sort of player or upgrade him to someone like Hase.

Rucks - Campbell isn't many peoples first choice, I'd try and find another 10k and get Ottens. Campbell will give you an honest 65-70 and won't miss many games, but someone like Ottens has averaged 92-80-85-115 in the last four seasons before last years injury interupted 73. I think the 10k is worth it if Ottens is fit.

Fwds - Ahh here is where all the money went. No real complaints other than Williams being a player to avoid. Franklin has a big pricetag for someone who is likely to start underdone. There are better cheaper options out there (eg Delidio, the Browns) that should score more. Buddy is an upgrade target a few weeks in after his price drops and Higgins/Lucas make a few bucks.

Reshuffle to get more premiums in there, even if you have to start a rookie like Rich on the field to find some more dollars. Work on the theory that you will need 4 trades during the year for injuries to stars. That leave 16 trades, 8 trades to make money and 8 trades to spend it. If you can only grade 8 guys on the field, you need to find at least 14 players at the start of the year that you are happy to keep in your side for the full 22 games.

Don't take my last message the wrong way Kenny any advice/suggestions will be taken aboard. I may downgrade a midfielder for a backman like Hodge because the Backline is always the hardest to pick.

Everyone else feel free to comment/help me with team. The more opinions the better

I havn't taken it the wrong way, don't worry :)

If you rate Dalziell that highly then that's fine but you have to remember his price is based off a small number of games played last season and he was also allowed to roam free. But if you think he is better value then a proven performer like Kornes, then that's fine.

Anyway, good luck!

I havn't taken it the wrong way, don't worry :)

If you rate Dalziell that highly then that's fine but you have to remember his price is based off a small number of games played last season and he was also allowed to roam free. But if you think he is better value then a proven performer like Kornes, then that's fine.

Anyway, good luck!

I do rate Dalziell highly and I rate Kornes highly( I've had him the last 3 years from the start). I may trade J.Selwood for Kornes or Swan.

I reckon my dreamteam is going to go alright. Just need to upgrade my backup ruckmen asap. I like my midfield very much and my forward line is pretty strong still.

Backs
H Shaw B Goddard R Hayden
S Hurn J W Smith A Raines J Grimes

I/C Stephen Hill, Nick Suban

Mids
G Ablett <== Dude is untaggable unless its Crowley
J Selwood C Judd S Pendlebury R Palmer
B Houli <=== Still not on this one... Cotchin and Masten are at the same price but Masten is an Eagle and Cotchin has had an interrupted pre-season.

I/C
Patrick Dangerfield
Adam Cockie

Forwards
M Pavlich B Deledio C Rioli
D Headland R Houlihan S Lucas
J Anthony

Might take Cyril out and see what i can change around, i think hes a bit overpriced.

I/C
Ziebell
Ballantyne

Rucks
Dean Cox Shaun Hampson

I/C
Dan currie
Christian Bock

What do u guys think?

Backs: Risky having Heater as your 2nd rated back... I had him last year and he burned me in a way that was unforgivable, so much so that I'm not even contemplating him this year.
I like your gambles on Jesse Smith and Raines, not entirely sold on Hurn though... I don't follow the Eagles that closely, but is he even in the Eagles best 22?!
Backs are easily your team's weakest area.

Centre: Very, VERY strong. Almost too strong! You've got 5 absolute guns and Houli (I took Masten too btw, as much as it hurts), but if it was me I'd probably downgrade one of your guns to a quality rookie (e.g. M.Robinson, Rich, Hilly etc.) and use that saved money in the backline. There's just too much depth in centres this year to justify picking 5 guns from the start IMO. I would be happy to have that centre line-up by the time I'm done with all my upgrades at the end of the season!

Forwards: No complaints here, John Anthony is a pretty unique pick who could work, and if Dessie decides to score consistently you'll be flying!

Rucks: Good to see you've got Cox locked in, but yeah, definately upgrade Hampson. Not a whole lot of choice in the rucks so you'd probably want someone consistent and gamble in another area...
(On a side note, who's Bock? Not on my radar, but do you reckon he'll play a few games?)

But overall, one of the strongest teams posted here so far :thumbsu:

Goddard, Enright, Cornes, Gram, Malceski, Raines, Collier (Suban, Petrenko)

Swan, Green, Gibbs, T Tuck, Haselby, Rich (Swift, Robinson)

Cox, McIntosh (Currie, Spencer)

Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Davis, Brennan, Houlihan, Skipworth, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Hogan)

That's my side for Dream Team. It has taken a while, but I am really happy with it. At least 12 keepers, possibly a few more. I tried to pick a few different keepers like Enright, Green, Davis and Brennan, just so my team wouldn't look just like the others. My favourite picks would have to be Collier, Tuck and Houlihan, I'm expecting them to all do really well.

BACKS hodge-s.fisher-enright-bock-mundy-scarlett-geary (suban-rance)

MIDS ablett-corey-richardson-judd-rich-haselby (swift-deboer)

RUCKS cox-hampson (vickery-cordy)

FORWARDS mayne-pavlich-porplyzia-rioli-higgins-gumbleton-ziebeil (ballantyne-T.walker)

forward line is fairly weak atm and backline could use another gun but will upgrade after some of my rookies values go up

any improvemeants/suggestions ?

went well last year lost the gf in my league (thanks didak /shaw)

BACKS hodge-s.fisher-enright-bock-mundy-scarlett-geary (suban-rance)

MIDS ablett-corey-richardson-judd-rich-haselby (swift-deboer)

RUCKS cox-hampson (vickery-cordy)

FORWARDS mayne-pavlich-porplyzia-rioli-higgins-gumbleton-ziebeil (ballantyne-T.walker)

forward line is fairly weak atm and backline could use another gun but will upgrade after some of my rookies values go up

any improvemeants/suggestions ?

went well last year lost the gf in my league (thanks didak /shaw)

Didak and Shaw screwed us all last year. Gid rid of Bock (injured) and scarlett and put raines and one of (L.Fisher, Grimes, Houlihan, Hill) in instead to give u some cap room. Put Richo in the forward line and strengthen your forwards. Probably put Lucas in

Remove this Banner Ad

DT/SC Teams(Freo Supporters Post Teams Only Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back