DT/SC Teams(Freo Supporters Post Teams Only Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd start again mate.

Not enough premiums in the side. Select 12-15 star quality dream teamers and work from there.

By star quality, I mean players who will be in your side all year and you won't want to trade to a better player (barring injury, suspension, etc).

The only ones so far are Hodge, Birchall, Sandilands, Ablett, Corey, Pavlich, Franklin, Chapman. 8 isn't enough. Roughead is borderline.

Players like Wojcinski, Hayden, Palmer, Young, Kerr, White and Brown should not be in your side. And select Higgins as a forward, not a midfielder.

Ok so i've taken your advice (thanks for that btw) and this is my edited SC team;

SUPERCOACH TEAM:

Backs:
Hodge, Goddard, Enright, H.Shaw, Birchall, S.Hill, Suban (E: R.O'keefe(carl), A.Rance
Mids: Ablett, Corey, Cross, Pendlebury, Gibbs, T.Swift (E: D.Beams, S.Blease)
Rucks: Sandilands, Jo.Roughead (E: J.Meesen, J.Tippet)
Fwds: Pavlich, Franklin, Chapman, Deledio, S.Higgins, Zieball, Ballantyne (E: Gumbleton, Thorp)

I count 15 stars.... Hodge, Goddard, Enright, H.Shaw, Birchall, Ablett, Corey, Cross, Pendlebury, Gibbs, Sandi, Pav, Franklin, Chapman and Deledio.

Something like that? or maybe get rid of 1 or two and add a few in between players (around the 250-300 mark)???

Edited Dreamteam :thumbsu:

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Gilbee, Hurn, J W Smith, Raines, T Collier
I/C Stephen Hill, Suban
Mids: Ablett, J Selwood, Pendulbury, Judd, Palmer, Callan Ward
I/C Dangerfield, Cockie
Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Richardson, Lucas, Anthony, Houlihan, Higgins
I/C Ziebel, Ballantyne
Ruck: Cox, Shaun Hampson
I/C Zac Clarke, Dan Currie

Moved some stuff around and was able to add the bolded players at the expense of Houli and Rioli. Next step might be to take out one of Anthony/Lucas for a Taylor Walker then trade Collier for a high rated back. What do you guys think?

Leave Lucas. Anthony for Walker sounds like the right idea, but I think Hampson is where I'd be spending my money upgrading rather than Collier.

I'd be tempted to start Hill as your 7th (too much money to just be sitting on your bench) and trade Collier in for a rookie to sit on your bench.

Other than that, a pretty solid side.

Ok so i've taken your advice (thanks for that btw) and this is my edited SC team;

SUPERCOACH TEAM:

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, Enright, H.Shaw, Birchall, S.Hill, Suban (E: R.O'keefe(carl), A.Rance
Fwds: Pavlich, Franklin, Chapman, Deledio, S.Higgins, Zieball, Ballantyne (E: Gumbleton, Thorp)

Thats actually not a bad line up, only concern for me is your No2 ruck.
(Are you sure your within the cap?);)

SUPERCOACH TEAM:

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, Enright, H.Shaw, Birchall, S.Hill, Suban (E: R.O'keefe(carl), A.Rance

Thats actually not a bad line up, only concern for me is your No2 ruck.
(Are you sure your within the cap?);)

Well other than Zieball ($119ish) S.Higgins ($221ish) S.Hill ($140ish) the rest are all either rookies or first years! thats why i have so many high priced ones :)

But need to swap beams for someone as i saw in an article he wont be ready (same with Watts) until min. round 6.

What would you suggest, other than sandi i just got first years (tippet the rookie only exception)

Do you guys think this team is better than my original team? Or is it a step backwards?

Backs
S.Fisher Goddard C.Cornes Drummond Raines Grimes L.Fisher
I/C
Hill Suban
Midfield
J.Corey K.Cornes Dalziell Masten Skipworth Rich
I/C
Ziebell Robinson
Rucks
Cox Sandilands
I/C
Currie Meesen
Forwards
Riewoldt Pavlich Richardson Houlihan Lucas Higgins Ballantyne
I/C
Gumbleton T.Walker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys think this team is better than my original team? Or is it a step backwards?

Backs
I/C
Hill Suban
Midfield
I/C
Ziebell Robinson
Rucks
Cox Sandilands
I/C
Currie Meesen
Forwards
I/C
Gumbleton T.Walker
I would change Riewoldt to Deledio or similar. Riewoldt has had knee surgery and may start slower and lose value early, last year he started poorly much to my disappointment.

Backs
I/C
Hill Suban
Midfield
I/C
Ziebell Robinson
Rucks
Cox Sandilands
I/C
Currie Meesen
Forwards
I/C
Gumbleton T.Walker

Starting to look like a very good side. I personally though would get Skipworth to forward line, Houlihan to backline, and not select L. Fisher.

I'd also be confident in starting Ziebell or Robinson. I'd move Ziebell to the forward line though.

I also wouldn't select Hill unless you intend on starting him. Too expensive for a bench player/ cash cow.

Starting to look like a very good side. I personally though would get Skipworth to forward line, Houlihan to backline, and not select L. Fisher.

I'd also be confident in starting Ziebell or Robinson. I'd move Ziebell to the forward line though.

I also wouldn't select Hill unless you intend on starting him. Too expensive for a bench player/ cash cow.

Yeah I originally had Skipworth in the forward line and Houlihan in the backs so i might go back to that. I didnt really want to start 2 rookies in my playing midfield but I might have to. I was really sold on L.Fisher if he gets picked round 1 but I might get rid of him and start Hill.

Ok Kenny I've taken your advice once again, I will probably have to thankyou in my premiership acceptance speech this year. This is the team now.

Backs
S.Fisher Goddard C.Cornes Drummond Houlihan Raines Grimes
I/C Suban Rance
Midfielders
J.Corey K.Cornes Dalziell J.Selwood Hill Rich
I/C Robinson Beams*(looking for any $86k rookie who will play round 1)
Rucks
Cox Sandilands
I/C Currie Connelly
Forwards
Riewoldt Pavlich Richardson Lucas Higgins Skipworth Ziebell
I/C T.Walker Ballantyne*(or Gumbleton if Bally is still injured)

Ok Kenny I've taken your advice once again, I will probably have to thankyou in my premiership acceptance speech this year. This is the team now.

Backs
I/C Suban Rance
Midfielders
Rucks
Cox Sandilands
I/C Currie Connelly
Forwards

That is a very good side mate. Only one query is Hill starting as a centre. Robinson looks like a pretty safe rookie to start so I'd maybe downgrade Hill to T Swift or someone and then spent the extra 60k maybe trying to get Ablett in the side.

P.S. Pyke from Sydney is a good 75k ruckman who will probably get games at some point... Connelly definitely won't play.

Also Riewoldt is coming back from some sort of surgery so Deledio is probably a safer option. The thing about premium bigs is they always at some point drop in price.

There will be plenty of time to bring Riewoldt into the side in the winter months when it starts to rain/get windy. Since Riewoldt is a marking forward, they generally perform at a lower level in those type of weather conditions so his price will drop. Then will be a good time to snap him up.

I just looked at the fixtures and St Kilda have Sydney first up and then an away game at AAMI so I'm thinking after rd 5 is a good time to pick up Riewoldt, should be 50k cheaper. A lot of their games in the winter months are in Telstra Dome so won't be weather affected. But yeah, trading him might be a good idea because it will also let him get over his injuries.

Midfielders/flankers like Deledio are very consistant with their scores so unlikely his price will drop too much at any stage this season.

But very, very strong side.

Lockout approaches :eek:

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Gilbee, C Cornes, R Hayden, Raines, Hill.
(Suban, Broughton)
Mids: Ablett, Selwood, Dalziell, Palmer, Judd, Robinson (Swift, De Boer)
Ruck: Cox, Sandilands (Meeson, Currie)
Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Chapman, Higgins, Skipworth, Yarran, Sidebottom
(T Walker, Ballantyne)

I change my mind all the time about Forwards 5 and 6 with Trent Hentschel, Ziebell, Houlihan and a couple of rookies.

Backs
I/C Suban Rance
Midfielders
Rucks
Cox Sandilands
I/C Currie Connelly
Forwards
Apart from the obvious with Grimes now being out early, you'll want solid bench support if you take Drummond. Ask yourself whether you'd hold him if he was out for 2 or 3>? If yes, then you need a bench player who is rock solid and guaranteed 22 games.

As noted, Riewoldt is a historically slow starter after interrupted pre-seasons. Lucas needs more run in the legs for mine, and Skipworth in doubt with an ankle. Gumbleton would be another risky injury choice (currently injured).

Lockout approaches :eek:

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Gilbee, C Cornes, R Hayden, Raines, Hill.
(Suban, Broughton)
Mids: Ablett, Selwood, Dalziell, Palmer, Judd, Robinson (Swift, De Boer)
Ruck: Cox, Sandilands (Meeson, Currie)
Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, Chapman, Higgins, Skipworth, Yarran, Sidebottom
(T Walker, Ballantyne)

I change my mind all the time about Forwards 5 and 6 with Trent Hentschel, Ziebell, Houlihan and a couple of rookies.
Wrt your mids, how many of them do you think you'd still want come Rd 22? I'm picking 3, which means you'll be trading two of them. Judd in SC over DT as well IMO.

Better picks than Meesen in the ruck reserves too.

As above, if you take Chapman in the forwards, you 'll need a rock solid bench. Playing two rookies probably doesn't give you this certainty (even if Ballantyne was playing).

Backs: Hodge, M Clarke, Adcock, Mundy, Nicoski, J Smith, Raines (Suban, Broughton)
Mids: Ablett, Salopek, Gibbs, Hasleby, Rich, Otten (Robinson, De Boer)
Rucks: Cox, Sandilands (Lobbe, Currie)
Forwards: Pavlich, Didak, Harvey, Porplyzia, Gray, Higgins, Krakouer (Ziebell, Ballantyne)

Thats my awesome team.

Backs: Hodge, M Clarke, Adcock, Mundy, Nicoski, J Smith, Raines (Suban, Broughton)
Mids: Ablett, Salopek, Gibbs, Hasleby, Rich, Otten (Robinson, De Boer)
Rucks: Cox, Sandilands (Lobbe, Currie)
Forwards: Pavlich, Didak, Harvey, Porplyzia, Gray, Higgins, Krakouer (Ziebell, Ballantyne)

Thats my awesome team.
Hodge might be underdone for price, JW Smith injured, Hase being talked about being eased back in, Porps DNP in the NAB, Nicoski promised this last year too but couldn't back up in season proper. Couple of risks in that lot.

dt.jpg

Willing to cover Skipworth with a bench come round 1 if he doesnt pull up...

Taylor Walker, Grant or Gumbleton on the bench, ill just pick the one that plays round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

DT/SC Teams(Freo Supporters Post Teams Only Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back