DT/SC Teams(Freo Supporters Post Teams Only Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

A couple of weeks ago I would have said Suban was a certainty to start Rd1 but after watching the Carlton game and re-assessing our list, I'm not so sure.

IMO this is our best 22:

B: Hayden McPharlin Drum
HB: Ibbotson Tarrant Crowley
C: Mundy Hasleby Hill
HF: Mayne Pavlich Headland
F: Ballantyne Grover Solomon

R: Sandilands Palmer Schammer

B: Bradley Johnson Hinkley Duffield

Then we still have Dodd, Browne, DeBoer, Broughton, Suban, O'Brien, Peake, Gilmore, Head, Thornton......... I hope the last 4 don't get many games but I am sure Harvey will play Peake and Gilmore atleast.

I think Hill will play most of the season but not sure about Suban and Broughton.

You are generally better off getting players who are ball magnets, but not as influential, hence will not cop tags.

Before last season, he has never averaged more than 75. He has very little scope for improvement in his scores. He only scored over 100 four times last year and his highest score was like 110.

I'd be staying well away. I'm not saying it is impossible for him to do well but I doubt many top teams from last year will have him... it's a big risk and he has not shown any hint of consistantly being able to score big scores, except in a couple of meaningless practice games where he didn't cop a tag.

Had a re-think Kenny and I think you are right out him not being tagged in the NAB cup gams. I have reluctantly gotten hodge out of my side which now resembles my original one.

Backs:S.Fisher Goddard Enright C.Cornes R.Houilhan Raines Hill
I/C Suban Broughton
Mids: Ablett Dalziell Selwood K.Cornes Rich L.Anthony
I/C Robinson Beams
Rucks: Cox Hille
I/C Currie Jacobs
Forwards:pav Richo Champman Higgins Skipworth Ziebell Lucas
I/C Sidebottom Walker

<snip>
Thats mine, although thinking about changing Ballantyne for someone else to start season just not sure who.
Birchall in some doubt for Rd1 I believe, Mitchell suffers under a tag (avg 29 ppg less when tagged last year), Muston not guaranteed games ATM.

I think you need to rethink your 2nd ruck position.

Riewoldt may start the season a bit slowly after an injury interrupted PS, Balla not in for a few Rd's at least, Gumbleton currently listed as having a back complaint. I think if you want to start two forward rookies, you might need to be sure they'll play early.

A couple of weeks ago I would have said Suban was a certainty to start Rd1 but after watching the Carlton game and re-assessing our list, I'm not so sure.

IMO this is our best 22:

B: Hayden McPharlin Drum
HB: Ibbotson Tarrant Crowley
C: Mundy Hasleby Hill
HF: Mayne Pavlich Headland
F: Ballantyne Grover Solomon

R: Sandilands Palmer Schammer

B: Bradley Johnson Hinkley Duffield

Then we still have Dodd, Browne, DeBoer, Broughton, Suban, O'Brien, Peake, Gilmore, Head, Thornton......... I hope the last 4 don't get many games but I am sure Harvey will play Peake and Gilmore atleast.

I think Hill will play most of the season but not sure about Suban and Broughton.

Solomon Ballantyne and desi will be out for a while and I think given his chance he could cement a spot for us

Remove this Banner Ad

DT/SC Teams(Freo Supporters Post Teams Only Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back