DT/SC Teams(Freo Supporters Post Teams Only Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

i'm hopeless at this game.. but here is my initial DT 22. Still a work in progress though

345djjt.jpg

Ok everyone here is my latest team. Kenny I would like to know whether you think this is stronger than my previous one.

Backs:Hodge S.Fisher Goddard Enright C.Cornes Raines Hill
I/C Suban Broughton
Mids: Ablett Dalziell Selwood Wells Rich Anthony
I/C Robinson Beams
Rucks: Cox Hille
I/C Currie Jacobs
Forwards:pav Richo Champman Higgins Skipworth Ziebell Sidebottom
I/C Gumbleton Walker

Backs: Hodge, Goddard, Adcock, Mundy, Nicoski, Malceski, Raines (Suban, Broughton)
Mids: Swan, Salopek, Gibbs, Butler, Rich, Liam Anthony (Robinson, Cockie)
Rucks: Cox, Sandilands (Lobbe, Currie)
Forwards: Pavlich, Didak, Harvey, Porplyzia, Gray, Higgins, Krakouer (M Brown (WCE), Ballantyne)

Thats my new team - I think I could do better in the midfield, starting two rookies, but I'd have to sacrifice a ruck/forward.

Ok everyone here is my latest team. Kenny I would like to know whether you think this is stronger than my previous one.

Backs:Hodge S.Fisher Goddard Enright C.Cornes Raines Hill
I/C Suban Broughton
Mids: Ablett Dalziell Selwood Wells Rich Anthony
I/C Robinson Beams
Rucks: Cox Hille
I/C Currie Jacobs
Forwards:pav Richo Champman Higgins Skipworth Ziebell Sidebottom
I/C Gumbleton Walker

It's a good side mate, here are a couple of my initial thoughts.

I'm not sure if Daniel Wells is a good pick, I'd trade to a midprice midfielder who's value will likely increase (T Tuck, Grigg, Hasleby, Mackay, etc). If you want to stay in that price range, Boak and Knights are much better value imo. Or try find and extra 20k to squeeze Bryce Gibbs in.

I think you have one too many premiums in the backline. I'm a fan of Hodge and he was in my side briefly last week but maybe think about downtrading him to a Houlihan type. He is just coming back from surgery so could miss a game or two early.

I'd probably strengthen up your forward line. I'd trade up Sidebottom to someone else. Sidebottom will struggle for games imo. Also, I think Gumbleton may be injured. Mitch Brown from WCE looks a good selection at 86k as he is in their first 18 picked.

It's totally your side though so if you feel happy with it, then that is the main thing. Good luck :)

After writing that about Hodge... I've gone re-added him to my side :D He is as tough as nails and will score well, especially with sides using running zones. Let's just hope he stays on the park.

Anyway, if you need cash, downgrade Currie to Spencer from the Dees.

And maybe downgrade Hille to Sandilands.

I'd definitely take Sandilands + Gibbs over Hille + Wells.

And yeah, see if you can fix that forward line up a little.

Hodge is fit enough to play, but not in his best form.

Geelong will definitely lock him down Round 1. Mitchell is out, Geelong will most likely go Ling vs Hodge or at least Max Rooke. Other teams will also try to lock him down as well instead of let him roam. Carlton wont play Cameron Cloke :thumbsdown: on him anymore.

I Have him as one of my first upgrade targets, he will score well when hawthorns injured return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my team is as follows---hoping it will go ok
Backs--c cornes gilbee P duffield S Hill M.Pettigrew P .Ryder A. Raines N.Suban G Broughton

Centres Ablett Mitchell J. selwood(gee) Judd Kerr Hasleby Rich Ziebell

Rucks Sandilands Kreuzer cordy vickery

Forwards Pavlich Franklin R. Murphy (bulldogs) T Henschel D.Thomas K Bradley S. Lucas S.Gumbleton M.Brown (WC)

opinions cosidered carefully

I don't agree with Wells not being a good pick, his form so far in the NAB cup is simply amazing. I honestly believe this is the year we may see him really put his mark on the competition. Over the pre-season his average has ben over 120 points.

dt.jpg

Thoughts and critisim are welcome but be gentle :)

Keep Raines Hill Ablett Selwood and Pav and start again. Bolster your backs and make sure u have Higgins Rich and Skipworth (Must haves). Consider Liam Anthony, sidebottom, r.houlihan, beams as money makers. You should have one of Dalziell or K.Cornes and put some of Goddard S.Fisher C.Cornes Enright or Hodge in your backline. These are the elite backs. Make sure you dont have betts mckinley or staker in your team!

I don't agree with Wells not being a good pick, his form so far in the NAB cup is simply amazing. I honestly believe this is the year we may see him really put his mark on the competition. Over the pre-season his average has ben over 120 points.

Thats why I put him in. I know im taking a risk but if it pays off I think it will pay off huge. The game I saw him play he just played the loose role that all dream team players love

You are generally better off getting players who are ball magnets, but not as influential, hence will not cop tags.

Before last season, he has never averaged more than 75. He has very little scope for improvement in his scores. He only scored over 100 four times last year and his highest score was like 110.

I'd be staying well away. I'm not saying it is impossible for him to do well but I doubt many top teams from last year will have him... it's a big risk and he has not shown any hint of consistantly being able to score big scores, except in a couple of meaningless practice games where he didn't cop a tag.

Hill, Suban and Broughton.

How many games will these guys play each?

I am interested in this also.

Who is first in line between Suban and broughton, i like the sounds of broughton being mature aged and coming off a good WAFL season. Who has the most scoring potential out of the 2? Has harvey let anything slip?

Cheers boys.

Hard to say,

If i had to guess

Hill and Suban should play most of the season baring any injuries/suspension and only reason should miss would be form or rest so something like

Hill 14+ games (probably more)
Suban 14+ games (probably more)

Broughton is the interesting one... we have a fair few injuries at the moment and i'd say if he's named in the side for round one then he will play probably until round 5-8 depending of course on form and injuries to other players etc.

Scoring potential would have to be Hill > Suban > Broughton ( IMO ) and Hill and Suban are pretty much certain starters for round 1.

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

DT/SC Teams(Freo Supporters Post Teams Only Please)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back