DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everyone think of Sheppard?
Also is Ballantyne one to stay for a while longer or upgrade to a premium now. He hasn't really shown much since the first couple of weeks.

I disagree, take that 29 out and he has been in fine form.

he missed three easy goals last week so that would have taken his score close to 90 again.

IMO he will be ready to trade when he gets passed 300k...in saying that he should (along with Waters) be one of your last concerns.

pps in saying that I am starting him on the bench this week as i dont see the freo small scoring that well at the gabba and I'd rather Hall + Pods on the field.

How about this plan:

Round 7 Trades
Out Bastinac, In Rohan (C/F)
Out Hall, In Goodes (C/F)

Bank money left over $$103 100

Round 8 Trades
Out Rockliffe (Expected price 185k), In Jaensch or Hughes (pending on who looks the best and most set for future games)
Out Trengove (Expected price 285k), In Swan (Expected price 465k)

Bank with Jaensch (~30k)
Bank with Hughes (~13k)

THOUGHTS

This gives me a team of
Ablett, Swan, Stanton, Bartel, Hayes, Barlow (Rohan(C/F), Shuey)

Okeffe (C/F), Goodes (C/F), Pavlich (C/F), Gia, Brown, Franklin, Pods (Hughes/Jaensch, Hitchcock)

How about this plan:

Round 7 Trades
Out Bastinac, In Rohan (C/F)
Out Hall, In Goodes (C/F)

Bank money left over $$103 100

Round 8 Trades
Out Rockliffe (Expected price 185k), In Jaensch or Hughes (pending on who looks the best and most set for future games)
Out Trengove (Expected price 285k), In Swan (Expected price 465k)

Bank with Jaensch (~30k)
Bank with Hughes (~13k)

THOUGHTS

This gives me a team of
Ablett, Swan, Stanton, Bartel, Hayes, Barlow (Rohan(C/F), Shuey)

Okeffe (C/F), Goodes (C/F), Pavlich (C/F), Gia, Brown, Franklin, Pods (Hughes/Jaensch, Hitchcock)

It sounds DWD to me

Thoughts on Jordan Lewis?

I've had him since Rd 1 and looking back on it it has been a failure. I am tempted to trade him to Howlett, this will free up tons of cash and allow me to upgrade Mayne to Chappy or Didak.

If I go up to Didak I will have 180k left over and in a few weeks might downgrade Gumby/upgrade Martin to Ablett.

If i trade I will have 14 trades left, is it worth it?

danger is sitting on my bench.

im going to trade him down to grant/fyfe, then next week mayne up to j.brown.

my question is should i be getting grant or fyfe? grant has scored a bit more atm, costs a bit more, freo has a better history of playing kids

with howlett playing this week im planning to do

jetta>howlett
seaby>cox/sandi

then next week

trengrove>swan
silvagni/maguire>gilbert

btw i have 625,200 in the bank before these trades.

Considering Martin will play this week and has plenty of money to make, should also perform well against the crows. I would think its a bad trade. Howlett JS isn't safe at all.

Depends on the rest of your midfield including bench. If by selecting Howlett you end up with a Howlett, JKT OR Howlett, Shuey or Howlett, Banner. Than it isn't a good idea. But if you have Bastinac as your 8th mid and can downgrade to Howlett meaning he is your 9th mid than okay idea. But in this case trading Bastinac first would be a better idea.
Why doesn't Howlett have good JS? He apparently has been tearing it up in the VFL. With Dyson out for 6-8 weeks maybe more, Welsh out for 4, Reimers out for 7+ who is to say he will not stay in the team if he plays well?

Anybody? I would like to upgrade to one of them, but i'm stuck =P
Hayes is a great player, a premium and at a bargain price but is quite injury prone. Montags is more expensive but less volatile. Also represents good value. I can't split them. 44k or durability and the ability to score 120+ more often?

After much deliberation I pulled the trigger....

Hitchcock->Fyfe, Maguire->Hargrave

Settles my backline for now with Hodge, Goddard, Gram, Enright, Hargrave, Kennelly and Krakouer (Silvagni/P.Davis)

Will let the cows mature and look at working on my mids next which currently sit with Swan, Bartel, Carazzo, S.Thompson, Barlow, Howlett (M.Farmer, Shuey)

Which mid premium should I grab? Swan, Montagna, or someone else?

Leaning slightly to Joey atm, but unsure. Sell it to me, BF!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said this a few times this week but everything has panned out at the selection table.

Jetta -> Howlett
Scully -> Ablett

Still leaves me with Martin on the pine, which I reckon is solid back up.

I like it Butane.

Scully while a week or two premature, is giving you the ultimate benifit now, which is getting the man you want..Ablett.

Nothing wrong with Howlett as long as you have the bench cover, which you do and Jett's DT time has run dry.

Need some help pulling the trigger on some trades. I'm sure there's a few ppl out there that have the same dilema.

Sooo my team so far:
Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Harbrow, Shaw, Waters, Maguire (Nason/Hunt)

Bartel, Mitchell, Selwood
, Barlow, Trengove, Bastinac (Shuey/Martin)

Sandi Hille (Warncock/Lobbe)

ROK, Pav, Gia, Brennan, Gray, Hall, Pods (Gumb/Rockliff)

18 trades, $270k

Im thinking:
This week: Bastinac > Howlett/Hayes, Hall > Grant/Fyfe
Next week: Hunt > Hargrave, Trengove > Swan

All are decent trades but worried if the prospectus of fallen premiums is making me jump the gun on these rookies. I'm only going for league win and just want to get as much cash as possible now. Should I wait for the likes of TDL, Davies, Sheppard ect.:confused:

Who are some of the hyped rookies still to come??? I think we need a thread just for downgrade targets.

Need some help pulling the trigger on some trades. I'm sure there's a few ppl out there that have the same dilema.

Sooo my team so far:
Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Harbrow, Shaw, Waters, Maguire (Nason/Hunt)

Bartel, Mitchell, Selwood
, Barlow, Trengove, Bastinac (Shuey/Martin)

Sandi Hille (Warncock/Lobbe)

ROK, Pav, Gia, Brennan, Gray, Hall, Pods (Gumb/Rockliff)

18 trades, $270k

Im thinking:
This week: Bastinac > Howlett/Hayes, Hall > Grant/Fyfe
Next week: Hunt > Hargrave, Trengove > Swan

All are decent trades but worried if the prospectus of fallen premiums is making me jump the gun on these rookies. I'm only going for league win and just want to get as much cash as possible now. Should I wait for the likes of TDL, Davies, Sheppard ect.:confused:

Who are some of the hyped rookies still to come??? I think we need a thread just for downgrade targets.

:thumbsu:

Still really undecided but what are peoples thoughts about Kennelly to Hargrave, or should I be upgrading Silvagni to Hargrave.

Or would I be better off just waiting this week.

Too many decisions

Still really undecided but what are peoples thoughts about Kennelly to Hargrave, or should I be upgrading Silvagni to Hargrave.

Or would I be better off just waiting this week.

Too many decisions

I would definately wait a week for hargrave and see if he can pull another good score. Also wouldnt be sideways trading to him. Would rather trade silvagni up

Ended up doing-

Out: Jetta, Bastinac
In: Hayes, Howlett

Which completes my midfield - Swan, Ablett, Selwood, Gibbs, Hayes, Barlow (Howlett, Shuey)

As above I wanna see one more week of Hargrave before i bring him in and also want to see what happens with Silvagni (or has that been cleared up now?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back