DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to trade Bastinac out next week and then upgrade Trengove to Swan or Stanton but at the moment I might have to trade in a non-playing midfielder! Hoping someone ends up making a debut next week!

have you got howlett? If you havent isnt he your best bet seeings you know he will play at least this week? I would say cunnington but his just to expensive. Probably the best js of the lot tho.

I would consider bringing him in if i had jetta or bastanic. Noth are maxed out. My problem is my mid rookies are barlow, trengove, martin, scully and shuey. None have maxed out. Scully is probably the closest but scored 74 last week and could still go up in value. Im not convinced on howletts js. I think knights is unpredictable. I understand the situation with welsh out however i just dont think i can trust knights. Howlett had a solid first 2 games and we havent seen him since. Would hate to bring him in, he gets dropped next week and left with shuey and howlett as cover( both deadwood).
I have Shuey as well, but I'm risking it. Teams are just so similar this year. Something drastic is going to have to happen to set some teams apart and give me any hope of being up around the mark! What do you think about Trading one of Ziebell/Hall/Reimers as above?

If Moles had of been selected, I wouldn't have been bothered with Howlett. But since he wasn't, and the likes of Ward and Picken are due back in the next few weeks, I'll be downgrading Moles to Howlett for the 100k. As others have stated, there are very few downgrades on the horizon.

Initially I was intending to upgrade Jetta to Hayes, but now have Swan or Montagna in my sights.

Am I the only person who's had Howlett from the beginning? Was starting to piss me off, but now I look smugly upon all the people trading him in!

I had him from the start however smug isn't the word I would use. I copped a zero last week with my Boyd-Martin-Howlett fiasco. I doubt Mathew Knights really cares about DT and based on his 'you don't follow team instruction you dont play' ideology, I am very afraid.

I think we all noticed the Houli lesson he taught last year. Banished for lack of a better word. I'm not counting my chickens yet. :eek:

I have Shuey as well, but I'm risking it. Teams are just so similar this year. Something drastic is going to have to happen to set some teams apart and give me any hope of being up around the mark! What do you think about Trading one of Ziebell/Hall/Reimers as above?

I dont have Reimers but i have hall and Ziebel. This week im 95% sure ill be going hunt to hams and ziebel to pav. Im sick of Ziebel. He doesnt look fit and just cant get enough of the ball so his gone. Main reason im trading him over hall is because hall has Melbourne this week. If he scores big it will be hard to trade him out next. If he has a stinker halls gone next week for sure as well. Dont know if that helps much but thats what im doing:)

From all reports Howlett is too good for the VFL. He'd be for cash cow purposes. I like his JS because of Essendon's injuries/suspensions. Should definitely stay in the team if he plays well and only needs to play a few games to make enough money to be worth it.
My problem with Howlett is that price increases only matter if you trade the player out. In the second half of the season you need your bench players playing to cover injuries/etc.

If Howlett gets dropped (as most people would expect) after 4 weeks, then he may be up to 200k, but I'd unlikely to find downgrade options that will play the rest of the season, so I'd be forced to trade howlett up and keep a player like martin or trengove on my bench to cover injuries.

My problem with Howlett is that price increases only matter if you trade the player out. In the second half of the season you need your bench players playing to cover injuries/etc.

If Howlett gets dropped (as most people would expect) after 4 weeks, then he may be up to 200k, but I'd unlikely to find downgrade options that will play the rest of the season, so I'd be forced to trade howlett up and keep a player like martin or trengove on my bench to cover injuries.

Thats true! My other issue with howlett is if you like alot of people and have shuey or banner on the bench, if You downgrade your playing bench player like jetta, bastanic or martin to howlett not only but he may get dropped but one of the big hypes this season may be debuting (Rohan) from sydney. If he explodes, youll be left with an undeveloped howlett and a non playing shuey or banner on your bench to downgrade to him and probably wont be bale to get on that boat. Just another though

17 trades, $164700 remaining. I can either complete my backline or strengthen the midfield/fowardline a bit. Here is my current team:

B: Hodge, Goddard, Enright, Malceski, Shaw, Gram, Nason (Macguire, S White)
M: Barlow, Cooney, S Selwood, S Thompson, Mitchell, Trengove (Bastinac, D Martin)
R: Hille, Tippet (Warnock, Trengove)
F: Pav, Gia, Didak, Murphy, Hall, Franklin, Pods (Duncan, Gumbleton)

Looking at these trade options:

Option 1:
Out: Hall, Nason
In: S Johnson, Hargrave

Option 2
Out: Nason, Bastinac
In: Swan, Roberton

Option 3
Out: Nason
In: Hargrave

Option 4
No trade

Thoughts?

Help needed please

I cant decide on the following

Option 1: Downgrade Lecras to Fyfe
Option 2: Downgrade Dangerfield to Fyfe

Need the cash to upgrade a rookie midfielder next week.

Suggestions

My 6-8 mids are Bastinac, Martin and Shuey.

Will downgrade Bastinac to Howlett and play Martin on the field. Going to take the risk as given WC's injuries, Shuey should be back in the side pretty quickly.

Will then do Seaby -> Cox, leaving me with 99k.

I'll only have 12 trades left but given how far back I am (13k), I need to be proactive if I'm to get a decent ranking. Seaby to Cox will be a 60 point per game upgrade over what Seaby's given me the past month so definitely worth it.

Leaves me with:
Hodge, Goddard, Carrazzo, Enright, Broughton, Waters, Macguire (Nason, Hams)
Swan, Bartel, Gibbs, Barlow, Ball, Martin (Shuey, Howlett)
Cox, Hille (Warnock, Trengrove)
O'Keefe, Brown, Pavlich, Giansiracusa, Harvey, Podsiadly, Hall (Rockliff, Hitchcock)

Pretty much all my premiums are performing with a few averaging well above what I paid - Carrazzo in particular though his job security is in question.

Hille, Waters and Pods are looking like potential keepers at the moment.

The 100k should hopefully allow me to upgrade Hall to Didak/Johnson next week, leaving me with the 6th midfield spot and 7th defender as the only positions requiring attention in the near future.

I had him from the start however smug isn't the word I would use. I copped a zero last week with my Boyd-Martin-Howlett fiasco.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten this. Copped two donuts myself, with Shuey, Ablett and Martin on the sidelines :S

Not so smug any more :p

Hey guys, just after some opinions on a trade. Looking at bringing in either Hargrave or Bower this week but not sure who. Hargrave had a great year last year and was one of the best backs, Bower also had a solid year and looks to have possibly taken the next step scoring 105 and 118 in his first 2 games this year.

Some opinons on this one would be great

Hey guys, just after some opinions on a trade. Looking at bringing in either Hargrave or Bower this week but not sure who. Hargrave had a great year last year and was one of the best backs, Bower also had a solid year and looks to have possibly taken the next step scoring 105 and 118 in his first 2 games this year.

Some opinons on this one would be great

If it was me, i would take bower
1stly, he plays for carlton
2ndly, carlton is playing the chipping game around the backline a lot more this year.
3rdly, slightly more unique than hargrave
Cons. He does tend to get injured. Hargrave is also a proven gun.
I like bower but hargrave is very cheap at the moment, close call but i would get bower, but both good options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was me, i would take bower
1stly, he plays for carlton
2ndly, carlton is playing the chipping game around the backline a lot more this year.
3rdly, slightly more unique than hargrave
Cons. He does tend to get injured. Hargrave is also a proven gun.
I like bower but hargrave is very cheap at the moment, close call but i would get bower, but both good options

I still can't bring myself to click that trade button on either one, Hargrave is slightly cheaper, Bower is scoring well but are 2 good scores enough to warrant trading him in?

No! 2 scores are not enough but it can be a barometer, safe option hargrave Unique option bower. If in doubt go hargrave IMO it can't go south unless he gets injured (but that trade is very boring cause most people are doing this trade)

Just did:
Dangerfield (on the pine) ----> Fyfe
Ziebell ------> Didak

Now have got $225,700 in the bank for next weeks upgrade of:

Hall ----->Any forward gun, most likely Goodes/Higgins/Sylvia.

15 trades left.

Im happy of where i am at atm :).

Jump on Hargrave if you feel you have problems in your backline.

Just be warned that when the Dogs play confident attacking footy they don't need to chip it around in their backline.

With players like Waters and Kennelly still doing allright I don't think anybody should be having backline blues.

I think many are happy playing rookies in mid/forward roles and are not thinking about their upgrade options because Hargrave is so tempting this week and is blinding them from seeing defeciences in other areas of their teams.

Just be warned that when the Dogs play confident attacking footy they don't need to chip it around in their backline.

With players like Waters and Kennelly still doing allright I don't think anybody should be having backline blues.

I think many are happy playing rookies in mid/forward roles and are not thinking about their upgrade options because Hargrave is so tempting this week and is blinding them from seeing defeciences in other areas of their teams.

Don't give people CRAZY ideas.... (i mean... good advice)

Anyway. I have already done my trades as in WA and training all day so no access to a PC till about 7.30pm if i could be bothered. *Crosses fingers no late changes!*

Think this sums it up perfectly

Did Danger to Daisy last week. Happy with this over Didak as he was/is averaging 8 points more and was $20k less.

Went Martin to Montagna this week. Looked at Hayes, Swan and Judd but I think Montagna has bottomed out nicely and think he could get back to an average on 120.

Just one more upgrade needed in my mids and one in my fwd line with 12 trades left, leaving me 8 for injuries. Not great but not too bad.

Mez

indeed, players go up and down all the time, hargrave is the latest bargain but in a couple of weeks there will be another. personally i stacked my backline (hodge, goddard, enright, malceski, waters, gram, hurn, maguire, hunt) from the beginning so i won't be touching it unless something disastrous happens, or i have trades to spare at the end and a tasty rookie comes in that lets me upgrade elsewhere.

i just want to say that no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to trade whenever a decent cash cow comes along (see: JKT last week). as well, there are good targets every week. as well, for those saying 'something drastic has to happen for me to win DT', that doesn't excuse rash trading. you should remember that most of the teams in the top 10,000 aren't particularly good. they're just lucky, right now. last week a lot of them fell out of the sky when handball jr tanked. this week a few more will die because of jkt etc. Next week if howlett somehow comes up short some more will drop. More to the point, a lot of these teams will die in round 16 when they run out of trades and pavlich breaks his leg, goddard gets suspended for the season and didak & shaw get caught out as drug mules. the strong teams will always rise to the top. the top teams even out once luck evens out. but what doesn't even out is your trades remaining.

Looking at these trade options:

Option 1:
Out: Hall, Nason
In: S Johnson, Hargrave

Option 2
Out: Nason, Bastinac
In: Swan, Roberton

Option 3
Out: Nason
In: Hargrave

Option 4
No trade

Thoughts?

Option 4 - all of those trades will be just as viable next week.

Swan's price shouldn't move much, give Hargrave a week to prove himself, and see if Roberton's going to get a third game.

i just want to say that no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to trade whenever a decent cash cow comes along (see: JKT last week). as well, there are good targets every week. as well, for those saying 'something drastic has to happen for me to win DT', that doesn't excuse rash trading. you should remember that most of the teams in the top 10,000 aren't particularly good. they're just lucky, right now. last week a lot of them fell out of the sky when handball jr tanked. this week a few more will die because of jkt etc. Next week if howlett somehow comes up short some more will drop. More to the point, a lot of these teams will die in round 16 when they run out of trades and pavlich breaks his leg, goddard gets suspended for the season and didak & shaw get caught out as drug mules. the strong teams will always rise to the top. the top teams even out once luck evens out. but what doesn't even out is your trades remaining.
So are we to assume that your original 30 has remained intact, and you are sitting comfortably in the top 1000?

Was it a rash trade to jump on Pods at $77,800? You win some trades, you lose some trades.

Whilst some of us want to get our premiums into the team asap, you take the Steven Bradbury approach, and hope the everyone ahead of you falls over. Now that is luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back