DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I have a midfield problem with Ablett, Barlow, Dal Santo, Goodes, Trengrove, Mitchell (Banfield, Martin)

I was thinking to complete the midfield to downgrade Martin and upgrade Trengrove to Swan however I'm out by 10k and likely will be the the amount or more after this current round. I do swing it by downgrading Banfield but I feel he will score well and staying in the Lions side most of the year. I'm going mainly for the league and some of the top teams have Swan so thinking about building it up now.

What would you do?

Hey guys,

I have a midfield problem with Ablett, Barlow, Dal Santo, Goodes, Trengrove, Mitchell (Banfield, Martin)

I was thinking to complete the midfield to downgrade Martin and upgrade Trengrove to Swan however I'm out by 10k and likely will be the the amount or more after this current round. I do swing it by downgrading Banfield but I feel he will score well and staying in the Lions side most of the year. I'm going mainly for the league and some of the top teams have Swan so thinking about building it up now.

What would you do?

Well if you want swan this is the week to get him. His price is about to sky rocket. If you can get it trading banfield then i would trade banfield. Martin will provide just as good if not better cover than banfield. If you are dead set on not trading banfield have you considered Montagna. If you do remember he has a high BE this week so perhaps wait a week and pick him up next week. If i were you id be pushing for swan tho. he is at a great price atm. Just my 2c

Don't trust this guy :p
He didn't get pods when everyone else did and now is talking you (and me) out of the hille > cox trade. Why I ask?

pfft :p i'm not trying to talk him out of it, just offering an opinion. at the time i thought pods was a risk and decided to go down a different path, obviously it backfired a little but these things happen. i'm simply saying it seems like a waste when most people have bigger issues in their team.

I dont think job securitys and issure for either of these two mate imo. Trengove has been one of melbournes highest posetion getters each week. Bailey said at the start of the year he and scully would be playing as much footy as possible barring injury. Martin has about as much chance of getting dropped as presti has of winning the coleman medal. With the squad they have he will be playing every week barring injury or rest imo

i was referring to stevensons security :)

U boys think this is a stupid idea?

My back bench is Nason and Hams, im thinking of going against the norm of what i would usually do, and that is trade in a player that hasnt yet played his 2nd game.

Nason > Webberly then Trengrove > Swan,

Assuming his named, do you think that is good enough back bench cover, its a bit risky, but keen on getting Swan in.

Other option would be Gumby > Jentch dont like that idea at all.

What you think?

pfft :p i'm not trying to talk him out of it, just offering an opinion. at the time i thought pods was a risk and decided to go down a different path, obviously it backfired a little but these things happen. i'm simply saying it seems like a waste when most people have bigger issues in their team.

i was referring to stevensons security :)

Ohh sorry my bad:)
I didnt see you mention stevenson tho..

My back bench is Nason and Hams, im thinking of going against the norm of what i would usually do, and that is trade in a player that hasnt yet played his 2nd game.

Assuming his named, do you think that is good enough back bench cover, its a bit risky, but keen on getting Swan in.

What you think?

If it makes you feel any better im doing the same trade this week however rather than upgrading trengove im upgrading martin. I will be left with hams and webberly on my bench as well. Im not to worried i watched the game last week and liked the look of webberly. Rekon he is a good chance to hold his spot imo:)

Well if you want swan this is the week to get him. His price is about to sky rocket. If you can get it trading banfield then i would trade banfield. Martin will provide just as good if not better cover than banfield. If you are dead set on not trading banfield have you considered Montagna. If you do remember he has a high BE this week so perhaps wait a week and pick him up next week. If i were you id be pushing for swan tho. he is at a great price atm. Just my 2c

Thanks for that. Now the only cheap center I can see is Stevenson who is $94 500. Is there anyone else at that price or cheaper?

What you think?

Would not go Gumby to Jaensch. Gumby has more money to be made and as a Crows supporter I don't like Jaensch's job security with Danger, Knights and Mackay all to come back in (even though he's one of the few players in our side with beautiful disposal)

I would consider the other trade although obviously Webberley would be a week early and Trengove should hopefuly climb to 300k plus.

The question is how badly you want Swan. If you wait a week you may miss the boat on Swan but there will be Montagna likely to drop over the next week or 2.

I'm not sure about Hams' job security - sounds like he should be ok but he is an upgraded rookie. Sounds like Webberley's j/s should be fine, Richmond will just have to play their kids but I'd still like to make sure he gets named for game 3 before getting him personally. I'm looking at him for next week and then hopefuly doing Trengove to Montagna (already have Swan and Ablett)

I'm pulling the trigger on Mitch Clark. Upgrading to sandilands. Can't afford another zero, and something tells me when Clarke does return that he won't be getting big scores. I thought at the start of the season the decision to pick Clarke over sandilands was a good one, especially after clarkes 2009 form, and that most people thought that Brisbane would be the big improvers this year and the dockers would continue to struggle.

7 rounds in and I'm about 300 points and one less trade worse off. It hurts..

Who to downgrade for cash.

Hunt, Nason or Farmar in the backs prob webberly.

Gumby, Mayne or Duncan in the forwards prob for Rohan, fyfe or jaensch

Thoughts apreciated Trying to swing for Swan,

I don't feel that any of these are perfect timing to get rid of but wonder what Swan will rise if I wait,

martin to stevenson
magurie to gilbert
next week
gumbby for huges
ladson or silvagni to shaw or h.scotland

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are people making of hayes? Is his durability good?

Lenny always seems to miss a few games each year due to his in and under role. I wouldn't be too concerned however, he is a ripe price and scoring potential is high. Lyon will be doing everything to keep him on the park this season, the only similar player they have is Armitage.

At a similar price, Murphy is worth a look. He was very consistent last year, but this year had an interrupted pre-season and no Judd to hide him from the first tag, explaining his up and down form. Now that the side has settled (with Judd in) and his injury concerns over i can see him pushing out 110s each week for the rest of the year. Definitely worth a look.

Which path should i go down? (with 2 trades being made each week)

Option 1:

clark-sandi (covers a 0)
hall - jaensch
-------------
nason - sheppard
maguire - carrazzo
-------------
silvagni - goddard

Option 2:

clark-sandi (covers a 0)
hall - jaensch
-------------
trengove- ablett

I guess the question is, should i look at upgrading my rookies first or concentrate on getting Ablett in as soon as possible?

I tossing up whether to trade nason to hargrave this week or wait a week or 2 for adcock to come down in price. Dont have the cash for any better backs as I have to go clark to cox this week. Thoughts?

With Pods out and Gumby already covering Brennan, what do people think of trading Hitchcock to Jaensch or Hughes?

I might not have access to the internet tomorrow at 5pm and so am unsure if Hitchcock will stay in the team. Hughes looks like he may stay in the team with Dunn making room for Watts instead of the predicted Hughes. Jaensch's JS is shaky with so many crows still to come back, but is 17k cheaper.

Other option would be to trade Brennan but I wanted to get rid of Hall with his high BE and already have a plan set out for Jarred.

You guys reckon Stokes is worth the risk? I am really considering him...

I don't think he is best 22, but Bomber loves him, so he is probably safe as houses (someone else will go for Pods next week) until at least when Rooke returns, which is a fair way off. He's too risky for my play, but it's not the worst trade I could think of. If you're gutsy, give it a go.

What are people making of hayes? Is his durability good?

If I didnt have more pressing needs in my team I would jump on Hayes and pick him up before his price blows out. Looking at the next four games for the saints i could see Lenny racking up the points. So if your thinking about trading him in i'd say go for it before he gets to expensive.

Now if i could get some advice im looking to get either Waite or Grundy in for Nason this week using one trade then switching which ever one i get into the forward line for Phil Davis. Looking to do it this way as my young forwards have a bit of growth left in them and my forward line is quite weak compared to the rest of my team. My question is who has more value. I am liking Waite as I was looking at him at the beginning of the year, but is he in any danger of getting dropped again or is last week’s score something we should see more out off him?

Which of the following is the best forward downgrade target?

1. Grant 149k av 73.3 after 3 games
2. Polak 149k av 73 after 1 game
3. Rohan 137k av 40 after 1 game
4. Fyfe 133k av 63 after 3 games

I really can't decide so what does everyone think of those 4's chances at staying in their team's 22 and scoring well?

Not too many options at the moment, my team is struggling to put out big scores although I won't be copping any zero's

will probably go Ladson>Webberley & Trengove>J Selwood tomorrow, looking at Nason>Hargrave next week leaving Martin & Tippett as remaining upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back