DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Only real dilemmas are my final two upgrades. I'm looking at bringing in 1 more gun mid and 1 more gun forward.

Forward: Harvey v Roo

Mid: Pendles v Montagna v Hayes v Chapman

If I get Chappy in the forwards, I probably cant afford anyone over $400k in the mids, but I suppose I could get him in the midfield. I'm probably leaning towards Roo in the forwards, but not sure in the mids.

Who would you choose out of Harvey, Roo, Murphy, Judd,
They are cheap midfield options if you put Chappy in forwards

Only real dilemmas are my final two upgrades. I'm looking at bringing in 1 more gun mid and 1 more gun forward.

Forward: Harvey v Roo

Mid: Pendles v Montagna v Hayes v Chapman

If I get Chappy in the forwards, I probably cant afford anyone over $400k in the mids, but I suppose I could get him in the midfield. I'm probably leaning towards Roo in the forwards, but not sure in the mids.

Bartel Kornes and Stanton also below 400k mids. Better options than Roo and Harvey If you go the Chapman route in the forwards

imo

Who would you choose out of Harvey, Roo, Murphy, Judd,
They are cheap midfield options if you put Chappy in forwards
One of the first 2, probably Roo as he has a relatively easy run home.

But I wouldn't be bringing in Chappy at this time of the year as he's almost a certainty to get rested before the finals again, at a guess probably in round 22 against the Eagles, which is DT GF week.

Mitch Mortons last three scores 97, 97 & 103.

Anyone know the reason for these good scores, is he worth the punt as a unique pick in the forward line?

I'm considering trading Pods or Hall for Morton.

Anyone know the reason for these good scores, is he worth the punt as a unique pick in the forward line?

Doesn't want to be delisted I guess.

Would avoid as he won't get a kick against the Saints.

So sick to bloody death of Bryce bloody Squibbs.
Have a few trades spare so doing the dirty and dumping him.
Should've had Hayes in months ago.

1 is pure class and just keeps performing...the other is some sort of vagina packing primadonna that likes to run parallel to the ball looking for the mirror he dropped.

Yes i chose the latter at the start of the yr. Bugger me with a big stick. Woeful season.

I think it's because he's not playing 100% as a full forward as he previously was - getting his kicks more up the field, doing the hard things and pushing forward.

The kid is talented make no mistake, but I would probably hold off the trade til he proves himself a bit more (ie next season!). I'm sure there are better options?!?!?

So sick to bloody death of Bryce bloody Squibbs.
Have a few trades spare so doing the dirty and dumping him.
Should've had Hayes in months ago.

1 is pure class and just keeps performing...the other is some sort of vagina packing primadonna that likes to run parallel to the ball looking for the mirror he dropped.

Yes i chose the latter at the start of the yr. Bugger me with a big stick. Woeful season.

Yep - I'm getting rid of Gibbs this week too. Generally I've been happy with my trading but the worst mistake I made was the day I upgraded Banner for Gibbs when I could have spent the extra 10k to get Hayes but got put off due to sore groin rumours. Now I can't afford Hayes:(

Gibbs is making way for Jimmy Bartel I reckon.

I have Roberton, Strijk, Warnock, Hardingham, D. Stewart and Hitchcock all as bench cover and a dual postion link with mids and forwards so the chances of me getting a 0 are very low. I only have one trade left. I have both Sandi and Harbrow so is it worth trading Harbrow for someone like Kelly or Broughton or trading out Sandi with 3 rounds left?

I have Roberton, Strijk, Warnock, Hardingham, D. Stewart and Hitchcock all as bench cover and a dual postion link with mids and forwards so the chances of me getting a 0 are very low. I only have one trade left. I have both Sandi and Harbrow so is it worth trading Harbrow for someone like Kelly or Broughton or trading out Sandi with 3 rounds left?

Can you wait a week or are you playing in an elimination final?

With 1 trade left I'd save it - Sandi and Harbrow could both be back next week, then what happens if someone else cops an injury that rules them out for the season? I'd rather use your strong cover this week then have to do so in rd 21 or 22...

If you must make that choice, i'd trade out Harbrow and get in Kelly

$174,700 and 5 trades left.

Carrazzo, Waters, and Maguire in backline with Maguire on the bench.

Thinking of bringing in Gilbert for any one who would be best to trade out or maybe 2 haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have Harbrow and Sandilands and have elimination final in Div1 league but mainly going for overall rank.
3 trades, 62k left.

Could trade Harbrow to Gilbert + cash or play Smith.
Could trade Sandilands to McIntosh/Mumford + cash or play Warnock.

Both players impossible to tell what is going on which makes it really hard.
2 rounds after this where other players could get injured. Will always have playing emergencies in each position.
Gilbert should score well against North and I would make an extra bit of handy cash but I can trust Smith much more than Warnock and Sandilands is more likely to miss next week than Harbrow.

Would appreciate to know what others would do?

Have Harbrow and Sandilands and have elimination final in Div1 league but mainly going for overall rank.
3 trades, 62k left.

Could trade Harbrow to Gilbert + cash or play Smith.
Could trade Sandilands to McIntosh/Mumford + cash or play Warnock.

Both players impossible to tell what is going on which makes it really hard.
2 rounds after this where other players could get injured. Will always have playing emergencies in each position.
Gilbert should score well against North and I would make an extra bit of handy cash but I can trust Smith much more than Warnock and Sandilands is more likely to miss next week than Harbrow.

Would appreciate to know what others would do?

i have the same players...but have the benefit of having this week off...
if i had to win, id probably trade sandi for hmac...this is why u save trades for finals....i think smith should score well enuff to provide decent cover for harbrow....

Can you wait a week or are you playing in an elimination final?

With 1 trade left I'd save it - Sandi and Harbrow could both be back next week, then what happens if someone else cops an injury that rules them out for the season? I'd rather use your strong cover this week then have to do so in rd 21 or 22...

If you must make that choice, i'd trade out Harbrow and get in Kelly
Thanks... I have the week off in 2 of my 3 leagues but I'm more going for overall rank. I'm wondering whether I should trade Harbrow to Kelly. Although Strijk has scored 84, 74 and 80 in his last 3 matches which are all serviceable scores.

Thanks... I have the week off in 2 of my 3 leagues but I'm more going for overall rank. I'm wondering whether I should trade Harbrow to Kelly. Although Strijk has scored 84, 74 and 80 in his last 3 matches which are all serviceable scores.

I'm probably with Sponstar and say hold off if you can. Strijk is in as good form as most defenders anyway at the moment, and that trade could/will be critical in weeks to come.

I'm in a knockout final, have 1 trade left & $25k. Just wondering if someone see's an obvious trade I could make to strengthen my team.

B: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbee, Scotland, Carrazzo, Kennelly (A Smith & Webberley)
M: Ablett, Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Murphy, Gibbs (L.Davis & Shuey)
R: Mumford, NicNat (Trengove & Lobbe)
F: Pavlich, Goodes, Harvey, Franklin, ROK, J Brown, Rockliff (TDL & Rohan)

Would love to piss off NicNat but for what I can get in return is not worth it. Two questions...

1) Carrazzo/Kennelly > fallen premium, or save it for an injury?
2) Am I stupid to be considering playing A Smith instead of Carrazzo/Kennelly...or Trengove over NicNat for that matter?

I'm probably with Sponstar and say hold off if you can. Strijk is in as good form as most defenders anyway at the moment, and that trade could/will be critical in weeks to come.

I'm in a knockout final, have 1 trade left & $25k. Just wondering if someone see's an obvious trade I could make to strengthen my team.

B: Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Gilbee, Scotland, Carrazzo, Kennelly (A Smith & Webberley)
M: Ablett, Swan, Montagna, Boyd, Murphy, Gibbs (L.Davis & Shuey)
R: Mumford, NicNat (Trengove & Lobbe)
F: Pavlich, Goodes, Harvey, Franklin, ROK, J Brown, Rockliff (TDL & Rohan)

Would love to piss off NicNat but for what I can get in return is not worth it. Two questions...

1) Carrazzo/Kennelly > fallen premium, or save it for an injury?
2) Am I stupid to be considering playing A Smith instead of Carrazzo/Kennelly...or Trengove over NicNat for that matter?
I'd probably sit tight (and back your keepers).

Any help greatly appreciated. I have stumbled at the wrong time of the year and am looking at going out of finals in straight sets. Couple that with significant injuries and I turn to the BigFooty brethren for help:

Bolded out
BACK
Goddard, Hodge, Duffield, Enright, HARBROW, Doughty, Hargrave
emg - Webberley, Hams
MID
Swan, Ablett, Montagna, Boyd, Bartel, COONEY
Emg - Farmer, McNeil
RUCK
SANDI, Hille, Warnock, Lobbe
FWD
Goodes, Didak, Pav, ROK, SJ, Higgins, Pods,
Emg - Tippett, Dan Stewart

Who should I trade (3 trades, $7800)?
Options include:
1. Harbrow to Gilbert and Cooney to ~$400K mid
2. Goodes DP into MID, Cooney to bench, Tippett on in the FWD line. Trade Harbrow to anyone cheaper than him
3. Hams to Scaderi and Tippett to Voldt
4. Something more logical that I have missed

Rioli -> Riewoldt, completes my team and leaves me with 1 trade for injuries.

Using Warnock as cover for Sandi this week, he's playing Richmond so should hopefully hit 80... The guy I'm playing has Leunberger as a 2nd ruck, so it should even up!

ok i am playing for a win in my semi-final. have been top most of the year and lost in my qualifying somehow!

my team is as follows:

Hodge, Goddard, Fisher, Waters, Scotland, Carazzo, Gilbee (Webberley, Heath)
Montagna, Ablett, Swan, Bartel, Gibbs, Goodes (Banner, McNeill)
McIntosh, Cox (Warnock, Lobbe)
Chapman, Pavlich, ROK, Pods, Gia, Franklin, Brown (Fyfe, NOK)

2 trades left, 3k in the bank. so really i can try and do two similar-price trades, or one double trade for a big upgrade.

im thinking double trade for any of these:
Pods ->Riewoldt
Carazzo->Lake
Gibbs->Boyd/Hayes

otherwise i could do the two trades to do someone like Gibbs->Judd, but the other positions dont have as much value for sideways trades

need help!

Yep - I'm getting rid of Gibbs this week too. Generally I've been happy with my trading but the worst mistake I made was the day I upgraded Banner for Gibbs when I could have spent the extra 10k to get Hayes but got put off due to sore groin rumours. Now I can't afford Hayes:(

Gibbs is making way for Jimmy Bartel I reckon.
Rumour going around that Bartel might be a late withdrawl this week, although the Geelong folk tell me that the rumour surfaces every week as he has a long term injury.

Knowing how Thompson operates though:
Star player + injury concern = rest before finals

So I'd be wary of bringing him in.

I'd probably sit tight (and back your keepers).

Any help greatly appreciated. I have stumbled at the wrong time of the year and am looking at going out of finals in straight sets. Couple that with significant injuries and I turn to the BigFooty brethren for help:

Bolded out
BACK
Goddard, Hodge, Duffield, Enright, HARBROW, Doughty, Hargrave
emg - Webberley, Hams
MID
Swan, Ablett, Montagna, Boyd, Bartel, COONEY
Emg - Farmer, McNeil
RUCK
SANDI, Hille, Warnock, Lobbe
FWD
Goodes, Didak, Pav, ROK, SJ, Higgins, Pods,
Emg - Tippett, Dan Stewart

Who should I trade (3 trades, $7800)?
Options include:
1. Harbrow to Gilbert and Cooney to ~$400K mid
2. Goodes DP into MID, Cooney to bench, Tippett on in the FWD line. Trade Harbrow to anyone cheaper than him
3. Hams to Scaderi and Tippett to Voldt
4. Something more logical that I have missed

I'd go option 2. Harbrow to Waite perhaps?

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back