DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour going around that Bartel might be a late withdrawl this week, although the Geelong folk tell me that the rumour surfaces every week as he has a long term injury.

Knowing how Thompson operates though:
Star player + injury concern = rest before finals

So I'd be wary of bringing him in.

Can't afford to pay much attention to these rumours, they do surface everyweek and very rarely is there any substance to them.

ok i am playing for a win in my semi-final. have been top most of the year and lost in my qualifying somehow!

my team is as follows:

Hodge, Goddard, Fisher, Waters, Scotland, Carazzo, Gilbee (Webberley, Heath)
Montagna, Ablett, Swan, Bartel, Gibbs, Goodes (Banner, McNeill)
McIntosh, Cox (Warnock, Lobbe)
Chapman, Pavlich, ROK, Pods, Gia, Franklin, Brown (Fyfe, NOK)

2 trades left, 3k in the bank. so really i can try and do two similar-price trades, or one double trade for a big upgrade.

im thinking double trade for any of these:
Pods ->Riewoldt
Carazzo->Lake
Gibbs->Boyd/Hayes

otherwise i could do the two trades to do someone like Gibbs->Judd, but the other positions dont have as much value for sideways trades

need help!

any help at all, i'm so undecided!

Hey guys,

Just about to use my last trade and could really use some advice.

I'm thinking of getting rid of either Josh Hunt or Kennelly for one of either Scotland, Gilbert or James Kelly.

Who would you guys trade out, and trade in from those guys? Right now I'm probably leaning towards doing a Hunt > Scotland trade (only because I have a feeling that the Cats will probably rest Kelly in one of the last 3 rounds).

Would love to hear your opinions.

Hey guys,

Just about to use my last trade and could really use some advice.

I'm thinking of getting rid of either Josh Hunt or Kennelly for one of either Scotland, Gilbert or James Kelly.

Who would you guys trade out, and trade in from those guys? Right now I'm probably leaning towards doing a Hunt > Scotland trade (only because I have a feeling that the Cats will probably rest Kelly in one of the last 3 rounds).

Would love to hear your opinions.

Kelly could get rested but from last week's performance I think Thompson wouldnt think he deserved a rest. He is risky but if he does play the games he could score the most out of those 3 because he will get more ball with other big names getting rested. Has already missed some games softly already so I would avoid him.
I would go Gilbert. I cant see him getting rested and he should score more than Scotland. But if you want to be 100% safe go Scotland.

I would do Kennelly to Gilbert. Hunt has been pretty consistant lately and you'll know what you get with him where as Kennelly is very up and down.

I'm in three leagues, two of them I've made it to the Prelim but I'm playing my brother this week in my other league. Now this league is basically for bragging rights, no cash involved.

My injury concerns are as follows:
Sandilands (Warnock can cover)
Harbrow (Hunt can cover)
Brown? (TDL can cover)

I also really want to upgrade Tippett. I have 200k in hand. What do you think I should do?

I'm leaning towards Trading Harbrow to Broughton and Tippett to Franklin... thoughts?

I would do Kennelly to Gilbert. Hunt has been pretty consistant lately and you'll know what you get with him where as Kennelly is very up and down.

I'm in three leagues, two of them I've made it to the Prelim but I'm playing my brother this week in my other league. Now this league is basically for bragging rights, no cash involved.

My injury concerns are as follows:
Sandilands (Warnock can cover)
Harbrow (Hunt can cover)
Brown? (TDL can cover)

I also really want to upgrade Tippett. I have 200k in hand. What do you think I should do?

I'm leaning towards Trading Harbrow to Broughton and Tippett to Franklin... thoughts?
Warnock shouldnt do that much worse than any other ruckmen this week I wouldnt think but you could trade for the coming weeks as Sandilands wont be scoring like he can even when he comes back. But you have to win this week first so I would leave him.
Cant trade Brown as long as he is named.
Tippett should do alright against the Lions but I think you could earn the most points there just because the gun forwards are outscoring the gun backmen lately.
I think Harbrow to Lake would be your best option though for sure.

Need to trade Ballantyne out, who would be the best forward to get under $293,000?

Well there's not too many good options but perhaps Grundy, Byrnes or even Podsiadly if you trust his job security.

------
Any advice/opinion appreciated.

Backs: Goddard, Hodge, Gilbert, Waters, Shaw, Hargrave (Webberley, Strijk)
Midfield: Swan, Montagna, Pendlebury, Selwood, Bartel, Gibbs (Martin, McNeil)
Ruck: Sandilands, McIntosh (Warnock, Trengove)
Forward: Goodes, Giansiracusa, Pavlich, O'Keefe, Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt (Hitchcock, Dennis-Lane)

I was just wondering whether anyone had any ideas on what I could do to improve to improve my side. Very important couple of weeks coming and I wanna maximise my scoring. Pavlich and Gibbs the weak points in my opinion, getting a bit sick of them. A couple of ideas were Pavlich --> Didak or Gibbs --> Ablett.

5 trades so I can afford to use a few and take some risks.

Cheers

Cheers

If you want to take a risk - I'd trade Sandi out and hope to get the jump on those still waiting for him to come back.

It could backfire of course

Bringing in a Ryder/Cox would also Net $50k cash

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you want to take a risk - I'd trade Sandi out and hope to get the jump on those still waiting for him to come back.

It could backfire of course

Bringing in a Ryder/Cox would also Net $50k cash

Yeah but I'm focussed on league wins and I reckon I should keep Sandilands. Opponents have him too.

Was going to dump Carrazzo but Corey pulling means I'm gunna have to trade him out. Besides but opponent has him too say can't loose anything.

Gunna go Corey>Swan then hope for the best with only 2 trades left

Please tell me if this is a crazy idea. I have Warnock in now as backup for Sandi. I also have a few players who should be premiums but aren't playing like it. With three trades left, should I put faith in Warnock for the last three rounds, trade Sandi and use the cash to upgrade two guys who are underperforming like Malceski, Rockliff, Gibbs or O'Keefe to guns like Lake, Boomer or Boyd?

My reasoning is that I don't feel that any ruck that I trade Sandi for is going to outscore Warnock by loads, so why not use the bucketload of cash from trading Sandi to a 77k player to upgrade some of my underperforming players???

I was just wondering whether anyone had any ideas on what I could do to improve to improve my side. Very important couple of weeks coming and I wanna maximise my scoring. Pavlich and Gibbs the weak points in my opinion, getting a bit sick of them. A couple of ideas were Pavlich --> Didak or Gibbs --> Ablett.

Cheers

I would definitely keep Pavlich in, he will come good. Ablett would be good but maybe better off with a player like Boyd.

Thoughts on whether I should trade or just hold on this week. I have 3 trades and $5,600 in the bank.

Team is:
Goddard, Lake, Hodge, Gilbert, Enright, Malceski, Waters (Henderson, Hooper)
Swan, Ablett, Bartel, Montagna, Hayes, Selwood (Shuey, McNeil)
Sandilands, Ryder (Warnock, Lobbe)
Harvey, Didak, Giansiracusa, O Keefe, Pavlich, Franklin, N.Riewoldt (Gumbleton, Hughes)

Cheers

I would definitely keep Pavlich in, he will come good. Ablett would be good but maybe better off with a player like Boyd.

Thoughts on whether I should trade or just hold on this week. I have 3 trades and $5,600 in the bank.

Team is:
Harvey, Didak, Giansiracusa, O Keefe, Pavlich, Franklin, N.Riewoldt (Gumbleton, Hughes)

Cheers

If i was you i would downgrade Gumbleton to Gourdis to generate some cash to play with for your last 2 trades.

If you want to get rid of Sandi just get rid of him don't use 2 trades. It will only be worth 10 points per game at best trading those 4 guns you've named.

McIntosh, Hille, Ryder, Mumford, Jolly are all well worth the punt.

No interest bringing Harvey in this week. Not after his last effort against the aints. Horror story. He'll want to redeem himself but thats always proven to be a dumb thought when trading.

Rethought doing the Gibbs trade coz it goes against all sense this time of yr...just sick to death of him and want Hayes so will do it anyway.

No interest bringing Harvey in this week. Not after his last effort against the aints. Horror story. He'll want to redeem himself but thats always proven to be a dumb thought when trading.

Rethought doing the Gibbs trade coz it goes against all sense this time of yr...just sick to death of him and want Hayes so will do it anyway.

I just brought in harvey for cooney for DP flexibility in case any other mids are ruled out in the next two rounds:eek:

Team is:

Cheers

If i was you i would downgrade Gumbleton to Gourdis to generate some cash to play with for your last 2 trades.

Or Hicks to utilise the MPP.

Guys, i'm really wavering in my resolve NOT to trade this week. Am really, really worried about my forwardline...of our unique players it's: (Me): ROK, Harvey, Pavlich, J Brown vs (Him): Chapman, Thomas, Gia, Pods. I reckon the Saints will tag the shit outta Harvey, JB a possible/probable late withdrawal, Pav terrible & ROK is anyone's guess. The rest of the field is pretty even, but as you can see, my forwards are a real concern.

Only have 1 trade though, & $25k. If I trade JB I can only afford a $321k player in return (Higgins, J Riewoldt, Hall etc). Can anyone see anything I can do? Please? :)

F: Goodes, Franklin, Pavlich, ROK, Harvey, J Brown, Rockliff (TDL & Rohan)...and L Davis as MPP in my mids.

Need to trade out Luke Ball this week have $489,600 to buy a mid. Already have Swan, Ablett, Montagna, Hayes & Stanton.

I'm thinking Bartel or Kade Simpson, Boyd is tempting but that would only leave me with $2,000 to play with for my last 2 trades.

Any thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back