DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

need to trade out Luke Ball this week have $489,600 to buy a mid. Already have Swan, Ablett, Montagna, Hayes & Stanton.

I'm thinking Bartel or Kade simpson, Boyd is tempting but that would only leave we with $2,000 to play with for my last 2 trades.

Any thoughts?

Boyd - get the best

Hi everyone i have 3 trades left and 46000.
I have sandilands and no cover on the bench.
Is it worth trading him out for Mumford against the ruckless freo this week or hanging onto to sandi and playing 1 short this week?
Thoughts please

cheers
Slider

Hi everyone i have 3 trades left and 46000.
I have sandilands and no cover on the bench.
Is it worth trading him out for Mumford against the ruckless freo this week or hanging onto to sandi and playing 1 short this week?
Thoughts please

cheers
Slider

If you're playing this week, I probably would. You'd hate to go out with 3 trades left. Obviously if you've got the week off then wait it out.

Any thoughts about mine? I know it's a tough one, but any suggestions much appreciated. :)

Guys, i'm really wavering in my resolve NOT to trade this week. Am really, really worried about my forwardline...of our unique players it's: (Me): ROK, Harvey, Pavlich, J Brown vs (Him): Chapman, Thomas, Gia, Pods. I reckon the Saints will tag the shit outta Harvey, JB a possible/probable late withdrawal, Pav terrible & ROK is anyone's guess. The rest of the field is pretty even, but as you can see, my forwards are a real concern.

Only have 1 trade though, & $25k. If I trade JB I can only afford a $321k player in return (Higgins, J Riewoldt, Hall etc). Can anyone see anything I can do? Please? :)

F: Goodes, Franklin, Pavlich, ROK, Harvey, J Brown, Rockliff (TDL & Rohan)...and L Davis as MPP in my mids.

1) JB > Higgins, J Riewoldt, Hall.
2) Pavlich or Rockliff > Riewoldt
3) Save the trade and hope for best.

1 trades, $236,400 in the bank. My Team is:
B: Goddard; Hodge; Enright, Fisher, Malceski, Hargrave, Gilbee (Maguire; Webberley)
M: Ablett; Montagna; Priddis, Judd; Gibbs; Pendlybury (Blair, Banner)
R: Mumford, Naitanui (Grimley; Lobbe)
F: Pavlich; Goodes; Riewoldt, Hall; Harvey, Podsiadly, Rockliff(Dangerfield, Playfair)

In prelims in two leagues and playing the leading scorer in the most important one.

I'm worried about Hall and Hargraves chances of scoring big against geelong and also Naitanui has been crap

Option 1
Trade Hall to best forward possible (Didak)
Option 2
Play Dangerfield instead of Hall (Cause he has a good chance of going okay against lions)
Option 3
Don't do anything/Wait a week and get Sandilands for Naitanui
Option 4
Trade Hargrave to best defender possible(Lake)

What should I do?

Here's my team, week off this week, 3 trades remaining, $77,600 in the bank

Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Carrazzo, Fisher, Hargrave, Strijk (Harbrow, Webberly)

Swan, Montagna, Ablett, Bartel, Chapman, Stanton (Farmer, Gysberts)

Clark, Warnock (Sandilands, Lobbe)

Didak, Gia, Pav, O'Keefe, Brown, Pods, Riewoldt (Hughes, Mcneil)

Will be a close preliminary final to make the GF, thoughts on a double trade that i could make to improve things please??

I'd probably sit tight (and back your keepers).

Any help greatly appreciated. I have stumbled at the wrong time of the year and am looking at going out of finals in straight sets. Couple that with significant injuries and I turn to the BigFooty brethren for help:

Bolded out
BACK
Goddard, Hodge, Duffield, Enright, HARBROW, Doughty, Hargrave
emg - Webberley, Hams
MID
Swan, Ablett, Montagna, Boyd, Bartel, COONEY
Emg - Farmer, McNeil
RUCK
SANDI, Hille, Warnock, Lobbe
FWD
Goodes, Didak, Pav, ROK, SJ, Higgins, Pods,
Emg - Tippett, Dan Stewart

Who should I trade (3 trades, $7800)?
Options include:
1. Harbrow to Gilbert and Cooney to ~$400K mid
2. Goodes DP into MID, Cooney to bench, Tippett on in the FWD line. Trade Harbrow to anyone cheaper than him
3. Hams to Scaderi and Tippett to Voldt
4. Something more logical that I have missed

To the big footy brethren, the results were:
Option 1 - I'd have gone Gilbert and NDS - loss
Option 2 - I went Gilbert - win
Option 3 - With these picks - loss

Thanks for helping pick Option 2.

Looks like I might be going either Rocky or Pavlich to Riewoldt - but probably Pavlich.

Was not going to do the trade because Riewoldt would have had an away game against Bock in Rd 22 - however with Bock now standing down - it makes it more enticing - now wish I'd pulled the Pav trade last week,

Joey's obviously a good Dreamteamer but gee he can be up and down. Have you thought about Cross or Boyd perhaps? They have the Dons in the last round and I reckon they are locks for 110+.

nah. (already got Boyd)
Montagna's got Richmond at the Dome and is only 416k (leaves me with 48k). i'm keen on him.

Thoughts on travis cloke as a trade in for J.Brown (if word that he won't be back this week, and probably for the season, is correct)???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who should I choose this week between NicNat, Warnock or Trengrove as my second ruckman?

All likely to score pretty similarly, but worth considering:

Ruckman this year average:

62.5 vs. Melbourne (Trengove's opponent)
52.8 vs. North (NicNat's opponent)
67.1 vs. Geelong (Warnock's opponent)

So I wouldn't be considering NicNat up against McIntosh. Considering Geelong have been missing Ottens most of the year and now he's hitting some form, I wouldn't go Warnock either. So, Trengove for me.

All likely to score pretty similarly, but worth considering:

Ruckman this year average:

62.5 vs. Melbourne (Trengove's opponent)
52.8 vs. North (NicNat's opponent)
67.1 vs. Geelong (Warnock's opponent)

So I wouldn't be considering NicNat up against McIntosh. Considering Geelong have been missing Ottens most of the year and now he's hitting some form, I wouldn't go Warnock either. So, Trengove for me.

The only thing that worries me is the fact that Trengrove will be playing against Jamar if he goes in ruck, so Port will probably not play him a lot in the ruck but down back. I reckon I'll go with Warnock.

I've got one trade left and $27K in the bank. What do you think of Josh Hunt > Jordan Russell? I've got a tough game ahead of me to make the GF.

1 trade left with only 15.6k left... This week it looks like I will have 0's from both Sandipants and Pav, but I have Pods and Warnock as cover on the bench.

My opponent has both of these players, plus Jono Brown, with only Warnock able to give cover for Sandi. I'm not sure how much cash he has but since he would have to trade both of them, or downgrade to a playing rookie and then upgrade one of them, I'm not sure that matters.

Anyway, this has been a roundabout way of asking you guys the question as to whether I should (assuming Pav, Sandi and Brown aren't playing): a) trade Sandi -> Hille / Jolly, b) trade Pav -> LeCras / Waite / Rioli, or c) do neither and use Pods and Warnock as cover.

yeh im going to go with Trengove as cover for Sandi. I reckon Sandi will be back for next weeks game to cement home final against Carlton at Subi.

I also have Pav, and with him likely to be rested for the final round also, i have used DPP to put him on the bench in the MIDS for now. Thinking about trading him out for another MID...who should i get and why? I will have $486k to spend with my final trade.

My mids are: swan monty boyd pendle hayes, with shuey as my good cover on the bench.

1. Ablett (supreme value $460k)
2. Selwood (most expensive currently $468k)
3. Or trade for another DPP MID/FWD like Didak/Harvey/Goodes for extra cover for final round

Thoughts?

Edit: i could always just bench pav and sandi, but opponent is a very worthy challenger and has neither of these two. Could sideways trade just sandi...oh decisions decisions

1 trade left with only 15.6k left... This week it looks like I will have 0's from both Sandipants and Pav, but I have Pods and Warnock as cover on the bench.

My opponent has both of these players, plus Jono Brown, with only Warnock able to give cover for Sandi. I'm not sure how much cash he has but since he would have to trade both of them, or downgrade to a playing rookie and then upgrade one of them, I'm not sure that matters.

Anyway, this has been a roundabout way of asking you guys the question as to whether I should (assuming Pav, Sandi and Brown aren't playing): a) trade Sandi -> Hille / Jolly, b) trade Pav -> LeCras / Waite / Rioli, or c) do neither and use Pods and Warnock as cover.

I think you would be right to use your subs, esp seen your opp has both them and brown. Wait for teams, but if confirmed, hold off.

What are people's thoughts on Mitch Morton?

Last 4 rounds he has scored 104, 103, 97, 97

Looking at trading him in for brown and pavlich could be rested this week.

What are people's thoughts on Mitch Morton?

Last 4 rounds he has scored 104, 103, 97, 97

Looking at trading him in for brown and pavlich could be rested this week.
He looks good... playing a more up the ground role. Could be a nice unique pick for the last two rounds.

Okay, I have one trade left. Do I trade out Brown, Sandilands or Harbrow presuming they are all out this week... I have Hitchcock on my forward's bench, Strijk and Roberton on my defence bench and Warnock to cover for Sandi. 28k left in the kitty.

Remove this Banner Ad

DT Trading Discussion 2010 (Part 6)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back