DT Trading discussion 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need serious help!

Pods just seems like too good a cash cow to miss out on with a BE of -163 (crazy!).

But I'm not sure who to trade him out for...not happy with my forward line at all. Here are some of the options I was thinking about:

Dangerfield -> Pods (pocket $166,500) - although I still feel Dangerfield can still come good. His B/E is 93 this week - so he probably will drop next week.

Medhurst -> Pods (pocket $190,200), although his B/E is 74 this week - which I reckon he can hit.

Hitchcock -> Pods (pocket $66,300), seems to be the most popular choice, but I don't feel burning a trade for this.

Arrghh...DT is so frustrating! :mad:

With Boyd potentially out, would it be better to stick with my originally planned trades of Medhurst to Pods and Ball to Ablett, and cop the zero (only have Shuey and Bastinac on the bench). Or still do the Medhurst trade, but upgrade Banner to Walker who looks in terrific touch. Only problem with Walker is injuries, but certainly could pay off. I'm not happy with the possibility of having to keep Ball for another week, but I may have no choice. Thoughts?

With Banner much on teh outer at Port (their midfield looks packed with Gray and Rodan in the side), im thinking of either a downgrade to Lucas or grab a Rohan Bail for +20k.

I feel like it a waste if i do keep Banner in my side if he isn't going to be playing games over the year.

I think the best place to upgrade to this week is the midfield. Hayes, Swan pretty cheap and even J.Corey. All guns who are cheap. However none of the rookies have peaked in price. Martin isnt close because he is a gun and will score good soon. All he needs is a 80+ score in the next week or two and he will rise alot again.

In the forwards no one has lossed enough cash that is a premium just yet. Getting in players like Harvey you are paying to much for. It might help you with your score this week but the extra trades used will hurt you down the track.

I think the best place to upgrade to this week is the midfield. Hayes, Swan pretty cheap and even J.Corey. All guns who are cheap. However none of the rookies have peaked in price. Martin isnt close because he is a gun and will score good soon. All he needs is a 80+ score in the next week or two and he will rise alot again.

In the forwards no one has lossed enough cash that is a premium just yet. Getting in players like Harvey you are paying to much for. It might help you with your score this week but the extra trades used will hurt you down the track.
Bartel has a B/E of over 130 this week, so is nearly certain to fall again. Will pounce in a couple of weeks when he drops just below 450k, which looks likely according to FF Genie.

I feel like I need to get Tippett out of my rucks as he is just letting me down hugely, and with Adelaide playing terribly and Dangerfield a 93 BE I was thinking of going...

Dangerfield>Podsiadly
Tippett>Cox

But i'm now feeling inclined to keep Tippett, I picked him and that's my bad in hindsight, but sometimes you gotta cop your mistakes on the chin, and hey whats the worst that can happen? He keeps going like this, or he could avg 70 from here on out and while its mediocre for a keper in the rucks its 30 more ppg than what the muppet is doing now.

Think i'll still go with the Danger>Pods trade though. That will put about $220k in the bank and will go very nicely in the next couple of weeks

I'm not sure that Martin will be a DT gun this season. He wins the hardball, and follows Hardwick's gameplan of handballing in tight situations, which doesn't help his DT cause. I'll be trading Martin before Trengove, who is more an inside/outside gut running player, and will rack up the points.

I don't know about Pods, he's definetely playin well, but once teams start paying him a bit more attention, he could get held a bit better. Although there's so many players for Geelong who need to be covered its hard for a team to stop them all. I don't think Dangerfield was ever going to have a good game after his injury the week before, I'd expect him to improve steadily and get close to his BE score.

Can I get some input on who I should be trading Kerr for? I held onto him thinking he'd come good - but his injury has put an end to that. Also do you think I should trade Sam Mitchell, doubts over injury and hasn't really fired this year.

Need serious help!

Pods just seems like too good a cash cow to miss out on with a BE of -163 (crazy!).

But I'm not sure who to trade him out for...not happy with my forward line at all. Here are some of the options I was thinking about:

Dangerfield -> Pods (pocket $166,500) - although I still feel Dangerfield can still come good. His B/E is 93 this week - so he probably will drop next week.

Medhurst -> Pods (pocket $190,200), although his B/E is 74 this week - which I reckon he can hit.

Hitchcock -> Pods (pocket $66,300), seems to be the most popular choice, but I don't feel burning a trade for this.

Arrghh...DT is so frustrating! :mad:

I don't know about Pods, he's definetely playin well, but once teams start paying him a bit more attention, he could get held a bit better. Although there's so many players for Geelong who need to be covered its hard for a team to stop them all. I don't think Dangerfield was ever going to have a good game after his injury the week before, I'd expect him to improve steadily and get close to his BE score.

Can I get some input on who I should be trading Kerr for? I held onto him thinking he'd come good - but his injury has put an end to that. Also do you think I should trade Sam Mitchell, doubts over injury and hasn't really fired this year.

Mitchell's scored 112,98,112 and 66. That's sounds pretty good to me, considering that 66 was without one whole quarter of footy. Also, Mitchell wasn't named on the AFL injury list for the Hawks so he should be playing.

When you bought Mitchell, you got him as a premium, so stick with him.

Yeah definately get rid of Mitchell, a lousy 107 ave before missing most of the last half last week. Disgusting, his head must roll :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that Martin will be a DT gun this season. He wins the hardball, and follows Hardwick's gameplan of handballing in tight situations, which doesn't help his DT cause. I'll be trading Martin before Trengove, who is more an inside/outside gut running player, and will rack up the points.

I think he can still score well, he has shown some great signs but might be just taking a bit of time. Have a look at his NAB scores they were amazing and that doesnt just disappear.

Obviousily if he has another mediocre game than he will have a pretty high BE and it might be worth getting rid of him to a good downgrade or upgrading him to a fallen gun.

I can do Balla to any forward with the more likely candidates Chappy, Didak, Brennan, Buddy. Should i pull the trigger this week or wait for the traditional fallen premium in weeks to come (Didak or Buddy more than likely). I just think getting Chappy now would be silly because he is more than likely to miss games in the later part of the year and Brennan is still a relative unknown. Balla has a b/e of 100 iirc.

Kade Simpson has always been capable of pulling big scores. He had 3 over 130 last year and a 125. His problem to date has been consistency. Last year he scored less than 70 on 7 occasions. What have you guys seen that makes it likely he will hold this form?

He seems to be attacking the footy, and finding space more often. Wouldn't surprise me to see him play the same role all year.

Last year he scored less than 70 on 7 occasions. What have you guys seen that makes it likely he will hold this form?

Probably just added responsibility. With Nick Stevens retiring, the VC is up for grabs. Looks like he's trying desperately to take his game to the next level.

It's a tricky one. If it was just the first 2 rounds you'd hold off. - A common trap. But it's 4 rounds now..... Using the Montagna example again. It would've been great to jump on him early while he was 430K or less. Simpson's 430K at the moment with a very small BE.

Has to be worth considering.

Such a painful thread to read.

Hitchcock to Pods has got to be one of the most laughable trades ever. I GoNnA BaNk $60k OmGZZZzZZzZ !!11!!!!!!11!

When you guys run out of trades by round 15 don't come crying to us.

KidA I respect you but why bother trying to reason with idiots? You give them great insight and knowledge and all they do is spit in your face.

Such a painful thread to read.

Hitchcock to Pods has got to be one of the most laughable trades ever. I GoNnA BaNk $60k OmGZZZzZZzZ !!11!!!!!!11!

When you guys run out of trades by round 15 don't come crying to us.

KidA I respect you but why bother trying to reason with idiots? You give them great insight and knowledge and all they do is spit in your face.
And what's the highest ranking you've ever achieved AS9?

Some of us don't get our jollies off by simply winning our league. Some of us are in it to win the car or a weekly prize.

BTW, last year's winner traded early. I personally don't give a sh#t what advice Mr. 98000s (KidA) has to give.

Seems to me that A59 is looking at two issues.

1) The direct Hitchcock to Pods/Rockliff trade.

I tend to agree with A59 here, I don't think the gain is worth the trade. Hitchcock only has a b/e of 17 and still has another 35-65K to gain.

2) Using lots of trades early.

I personally like to save trades and then go bang around rounds 7-11 when rookies have peaked and premiums have fallen. I also play for overall ranking, using trades early may net you points then, however in the late rounds when zeros occur because of having no trades then it tends to outweigh the early points made.
Everyone has their own view and different variables create different situations, but I certainly know which way I like to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back