Dangerfield to Rockliff
Dangerfield to Pods

which of those 4 would be best?

Ballantyne to Rockliff
Ballantyne to Pods
Dangerfield to Rockliff
Dangerfield to Pods

which of those 4 would be best?

If you had to do one I would do Danger to Rockliff. But I would keep the trades in the bank, these players will come good.

Balla had one shocking game, he will definitely bounce back

I think i am in a similar spot to most here in that we all want to take advantage of Rock and Pods because of the potential, but ATM are pretty happy with what is currently in our side.

So we either push out a rookie that has nowhere near peaked (e.g Hitchcock), or trade down a player who will no doubt come good (Ballantyne, Dangerfield, Roughead <- he is my other dilemma).

It is killing me deciding on whether to do it or not.

Is it true when Mitch Brown returns from his LTI in 2-3 weeks Pods goes back onto the rookie list and can't play? Or what happens here?

I can do Balla to any forward with the more likely candidates Chappy, Didak, Brennan, Buddy. Should i pull the trigger this week or wait for the traditional fallen premium in weeks to come (Didak or Buddy more than likely). I just think getting Chappy now would be silly because he is more than likely to miss games in the later part of the year and Brennan is still a relative unknown. Balla has a b/e of 100 iirc.
Anyone? Here is my team if it helps -

B - Goddard, Hodge, Enright, Hurn, Hunt, Shoenmakers, Waters (Silvagni, Nason)

M - GAJ, Selwood, Gibbs, Martin, Bastinac, Barlow (Shuey, Jetta)

R - Hille, Kreuzer (Lobbe, McCauley)

F - Goodes, ROK, Brown, Pavlich, Boomer, Hall, Ballantyne (Gumby, Hitchcock)

17 trades left, $240,000 in the kitty.

I think i am in a similar spot to most here in that we all want to take advantage of Rock and Pods because of the potential, but ATM are pretty happy with what is currently in our side.

So we either push out a rookie that has nowhere near peaked (e.g Hitchcock), or trade down a player who will no doubt come good (Ballantyne, Dangerfield, Roughead <- he is my other dilemma).

Herein lies the challenge of DT. "You've got to know when to hold em,know when to fold em". I personally have come to the conclusion that its too early to go chasing rainbows. There will be others. I'm holding (even though I've got that fat spud Relton). 4 rounds gone 18 TO GO!

Herein lies the challenge of DT. "You've got to know when to hold em,know when to fold em". I personally have come to the conclusion that its too early to go chasing rainbows. There will be others. I'm holding (even though I've got that fat spud Relton). 4 rounds gone 18 TO GO!

So your not looking at trading IN Pods for Relton roberts.

To me that is a good trade, unsure how many more games Roberts will get he has been very ordinary, can i ask how much coin do you have left in the bank?

........ Also, Mitchell wasn't named on the AFL injury list for the Hawks so he should be playing.......
Yeah, it's not like clubs would be anything but 100% up front with their injury lists. :rolleyes:

I'm just worried about Pods freak score.

I think it's interesting to look at how Rockliff and Pods are scoring.

Disposals
Pods 31
Rockliff 43

Goals
Pods 7
Rockliff 0

Tackles
Pods 2
Rockliff 6

Pods is a mark/goal player and Rockliff looks like more of a mid. Pods will get points from marking and goaling whereas Rockliff will score from racking up touches on the footy and tackling pressure.

Pods just seems too reliant on kicking a bag something which even the best forwards in the league cannot do consistantly.

The difference is he is averaging 100 with this heavy reliance.

Even if he is reliant on kicks/marks/goals, he is in the ultimate environment to do so.

Just as Pods relies on these, Rockliff relies on possessions. What if he doesn't get much of the pill? Works both ways.

I've only made 2 trades to date, both after round 2 in order to correct mistakes before the first price adjustments. I'll be making 2 downgrade trades this week in order to generate some cash for upgrades in weeks to come, and also potentially gain some more points.

My strategy is to have 22 keepers by round 11 and a solid bench, with at least 10 trades in hand. Some of the players I have earmarked as upgrades (Kennelly, Gwilt, Waters) may end up being keepers. If so, I'll have more trades available. I'll also be utilising my double position players to cover for injuries.

The way I see it, all the 24,000 people ahead of you are not going to suffer from zeros in the final rounds, which means that you are basically out of the comp. after 4 rounds. Same goes for KidA who is 98,000th.

BTW, my team name is Bailey's a dud.

I'm not ranked 98,000. That was a joke. Nonetheless, good luck in your aggressive trading strategy. I've never had 22 keepers with more than 0 trades in hand, but maybe your trading is just that damn good.

Pods scored 85 in a losing side when he only kicked 2 goals.

His marking is what is impressive. He is avg 11, he pushes up on the lead for marks but is also very strong one on one. He has 2 dimensions to his marking. Also he had 3 tackles last week which is a sign that he can give pressure and get points for tackles. From watching him against Fremantle he is quite athletic and agile. I wouldn't say he is a kick, mark, goal player. Im not expecting him to score 115 every week as that will require 11 marks and 5 goals a game. But to expect 6-8 marks and 2 goals a game isn't to unrealistic. Also he is avg 15.5 posses a game which is outstanding for a tall forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My general rule is if you are in doubt, don't trade. I have rarely regretted not having done a trade, but I have often regretted doing them when it wasn't forced (ie injury).

So David Mackay is out with injury, probably short term and is currently 306,000. He is playing in a team that is playing poorly and isn't playing the role I expected him to profit from.

Unlike a rookie who will keep going up he may well hover around the ~300 mark, is this a good time to use some of the 160K in my bank to take him up to a Goodes or Hayes or is a Boyd/Mackay double blow causing me to lose my marbles?

I'm not ranked 98,000. That was a joke. Nonetheless, good luck in your aggressive trading strategy. I've never had 22 keepers with more than 0 trades in hand, but maybe your trading is just that damn good.

Hoping to improve to 98K this week hey mate. ;):D

That said, agree 100% with your comments on trading. Always worth thinking about whether you would make the same trade in Rd 15 if you only had 2 trades left. They seem to be valued and thought about so much more in the back half of the year.

Also the capacity to score zeroes is increased.

Pods is potentially a lock in the Geelong team for another 5-6 rounds at least, with Gray and Rodan back Hitchcock may not play at all.

Geelong have the following draw over the next 6 weeks

Carlton
Richmond
Sydney @ Skilled
Brisbane
Collingwood
Melbourne
West Coast
Essendon

They are a chance to score 20 goals in at least half of those game.

I'm not saying there's a right or wrong answer just that there's a lot more to consider than 66K = 1 trade.

If he's a lock, he's in. If he's potentially a lock, he can potentially be dropped, hence not a lock.

Who's on 1st?

I'm not getting on Pods. I was thinking about it but his scores look too much like flash in the pan results. Opposition teams will start paying him more attention and there is still Hawkins and Mooney down there.

I think the Brisbane midfield could open up for Rockliff. Black and Power are in their twilight years and will be looking to share to load as the season drags on.

Yeah definately get rid of Mitchell, a lousy 107 ave before missing most of the last half last week. Disgusting, his head must roll :rolleyes:

I probably should of looked at that a bit harder, word is hamstring isn't that bad - I'm always worried about soft tissue injuries though. History shows that hammies reoccur more often than not and with Hawthorn not travelling that well, they'll be keen to play him ASAP which may increase chances of doing more damage.:)

I've only got $46K in the bank and I have to get rid of Kerr. Any suggestions who woud be a good replacement for him, I've been considering Hannelberry of Sydney, though I don't know much about him. (DT name White Line Fever) I'm under no illusions I know i can't win the whole thing (currently ranked 70,000), but I'm in the Contested Footy League and I'm concentrating on that league - nailed first week of head to head.

Get on the Pods bandwagon in my opinion. In the form he is in he won't get dropped for a while and his scores will always be decent with his high mark/kick tally.

You may aswell cash in a Hitchy/Gumbleton now as you pocket 60k-odd and have an excellent back-up/7th forward at your disposal. Come round 15-ish when you have a few trades left, Pods will be the perfect upgrade/downgrade prospect.

Also, what is the view on this trade, Tippet to Naitanui/Hille? Tippet is absolutley killing me and with his knee issues I can't see him improing anytime soon. Is it worth it?

Get on the Pods bandwagon in my opinion. In the form he is in he won't get dropped for a while and his scores will always be decent with his high mark/kick tally.

You may aswell cash in a Hitchy/Gumbleton now as you pocket 60k-odd and have an excellent back-up/7th forward at your disposal. Come round 15-ish when you have a few trades left, Pods will be the perfect upgrade/downgrade prospect.

Also, what is the view on this trade, Tippet to Naitanui/Hille? Tippet is absolutley killing me and with his knee issues I can't see him improing anytime soon. Is it worth it?
If you picked Tippett as a keeper, no. Tippett will improve, and there is no certainty Hille will hold up, or NicNat will post consistent scores. I have Tippett, and will be keeping him unless an injury strikes.

Also, the only Pods trade this week which I think is worth it, would be Medhurst down to Pods. I am seriously considering this trade, and it allows me to upgrade Ball to either Bartel/Ablett. I can't see Medhurst going back to his DT friendly role of 2008, and Pods will score close to the same, if not more. Plus, it allows me to get rid of Ball before his price plummets further. However, if Boyd isn't named this week, I'll have to reconsider.

Also, the only Pods trade this week which I think is worth it, would be Medhurst down to Pods. I am seriously considering this trade, and it allows me to upgrade Ball to either Bartel/Ablett. I can't see Medhurst going back to his DT friendly role of 2008, and Pods will score close to the same, if not more. Plus, it allows me to get rid of Ball before his price plummets further. However, if Boyd isn't named this week, I'll have to reconsider.
What about say, Mayne to Pods?

I have him, Hall and Ziebell as my 5th, 6th and 7th forwards with Gumby/Hitchcock as backup. I want to get one of Rockliff or Pods in, but I don't think I need to get both. Mayne is probably my most likely to go, and I'll have Pods as my 7th forward for a few weeks.

I've only used 1 trade so far... Riewoldt to Brennan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back