Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems overs.
I'd sooner chase Tyson on $250k
Currently it is,But i guess he has the fortune of being "In demand" and most kids when enticed to moving back home will always get over and above of those already at the club and of similar ilk in age and potential.
i think most players understand this and the rational to it all is team success over individual gain always wins out in most cases(Hello Dusty).

I still expect him to go, but as I posted on another thread (jokingly), what are GWS thinking getting Buddy AND Martin AND Fisher in the one club together?

Spot on. All three of them with about 37 kids under 21. Madness.

Expecting to hear

- This arvo, staying 20%
- this arvo, trade to GWS 5%
- Weekend/next week, staying 30%
- Next week, RFC giving up and offering him for trade 5%
- At trade period, staying 30%
- At trade period, giving up and offering him for trade 10%

So I hope to hear soon, but wouldn't be durprised if this lasts til October. Seriously that idiot Carr is making this a circus. And Dusty isn't reining him in. But this might be a good way for Dusty to learn his real value.

Would they seriously even have the salary cap space to pull that off??

Forget the cap, pseudoephedrine thefts are going to go through the roof in Sydney just to keep up with the increased demand.

Forget the cap, pseudoephedrine thefts are going to go through the roof in Sydney just to keep up with the increased demand.

In completely and utterly unrelated news, GWS is set to announce a new sponsorship

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've resigned myself to the fact that he's gone. Over to the club now to get the best trade from GWS. God help my missus if we get Pick 1.
I notice business has been outstanding for tigers posters missus' on this thread.
Lot of rooting.

Agree,Adams is a must get if Martin leaves.:thumbsu:

I think some of you guys are misreading this IMO.

Firstly, I think if Martin stays it increases our chance of getting Adams because we become a real threat short to mid term . Martin seriously boosts our firepower.

i think RFC suits Martin at least for the next few years our team and the big stage seriously provides the stage for him to boost his earning capacity into the future via on field support enabling him to explode in the next few years which some of us are expecting.

TBH, If I was RFC I would up it to 600K and go from there. Why?, horses for courses, there are never absolutes in anything , everything is relative , the free will of the market is supreme, it is best for Martins welfare probably as well. You cannot let Martin go lightly.

As I said before RFC seriously could only entertain letting Martin go if we got Boyd and Adams(or an equivalent eg. pick 10 or player) in return. Martin is worth that much to our aspirations. BTW if pies are offering 400K to Adams , Martin is worth 600K end of story relatively.

A lot of this is arguing the point of the worth of players including Martin. I say sign him up unless GWS throw a impressive trade deal for us Judd style because Martin is worth that much to the clubs future despite what some may think!

This really should be going along the lines of what is GWS prepared to offer RFC for Martin, if not acceptable sign Martin up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back