Dustin Martin Contract Thread [GWS Will Not Offer Dusty a Contract]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Id take that bet, I bet you he doesn't at the very best he will plateau. Lot of players best footy can be between 22-26 IMO

What do you mean important to have players at his stage in 3-4 years??

What stage is that??
The stage where I believe players play at their best 27-29. Where they have 150-200 games experience behind them.
Check out Hawthorns team this week.
Check out Geeong the past 5 years.
Brett Deledio is entering that phase. His best footy will come yet also.
Top of my head this week hawks Hodge,Mitchell,Franklin,Roughy,Lewis ,Sewell,Hale,Guerra,Lake,Gibson.
We have Deledio,Newman,Chaplin,Jackson, I can't think of any over or around 150+
Experience is crucial.

The stage where I believe players play at their best 27-29. Where they have 150-200 games experience behind them.
Top of my head this week hawks Hodge,Mitchell,Franklin,Roughy,Lewis ,Sewell,Hale,Guerra,Lake,Gibson.
We have Deledio,Newman,Chaplin,Jackson, I can't think of any over or around 150+
Experience is crucial.
Just makes it even more impressive how we were only 2 points out of the top 4. We will be a force. Especially if Dusty sticks around. #brownlow2014&15

I think its past some peoples' bed times with this talk about Heath Shaw and Chappy for a year. Thank god some of you blokes aren't running the place that's for sure.

Experience is crucial.

That stage is usually less than 28 years of age IMO. 20 games a season 10 years eg. before 28

Geelong had a young J Selwood, Bartel. In 2007 there best year/team Bartel young, SJ and 20 plus AA .

Deledios best year was 2012, What games range was that??

Frankly age will not help the Hawks. That is one reason Freo can beat Hawks apart from style and ruck, there age.

Look at a player like Foley and Judd??? Hodge isn't same either, injuries and knocks catch up with some

Lids best year 150-170 in 2012 but consider he played all over the place before which would have hurt his development, plus being in a weak team while physically more at his peak

Dusty starting to play his best footy 80+games, Rance starting to play his best footy 80+ games, Jacko having his best footy 126-146 games but he got off the coffee.

I think a players best footy is usually between 80-220 games to be honest and this is usually before 29 if not 28. Lot of players retire at 29!!

J Selwood staring to play his best footy IMO 130-150 games bit like Lids 25 but Selwood good before then clearly, Dangerfield getting there, 23 109 games. last year 89 like Dusty and Rance around the 80 game mark, very good break out year.

Look at a player like King, struggling for a while, when body develops, finds suitable role started to play reasonable footy 24-28

But wait, there is more.

Kennedy of the Swans broke out last year that again is around the 70-90 mark like Cotch and like a few already mentioned around that game range, Hannerbery really broke out his year but he started last year. Hannerbery 22 but early this year he was at the 80 game mark again, You have also someone like K Jack a little different but he started last year a little and kicked on this year. That is a start somewhere around the 100 game mark.

Then you look at a differnent type of player in terms of peaks. Morton WC, RFC, Swans. Not as many games but he is retiring at the ripe old age of 26. His peak game wise was somewhere between 70-85 games. No you can't read too much into this but he was a premiership player and premiership teams consist of all types because you cannot have 22 G Abletts in your team.

Now, having said that you can get some freaks that drag it out like KB, boomer, Tuck , Fletcher however at the back end even some of these were not the same as their peak when they were younger. Ablett Jnr may do this to and hurt in the forward line like KB to but these are not the norm IMO. Generally, IMO players are past there peak IMO after 28 but many can keep a very high level 28-32 no doubt, but not a majority IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 weeks into our off season and this has been by far the silliest.

I hope those stating as fact that Dusty was doing drugs know some decent lawyers cause you just might need them.
As for the suggestions we bring in Chappy and Shaw, neither of those fit our recruiting criteria that has served us so well since Dimma and Blair started putting the list together. We have our targets in mind and after months of planning we are not going to throw that out the window to chase Shaw. Ask yourself this, why has Buckley told him to look at another club given he is such a good player? There is obviously an issue with Shaw being a distraction around the club. The last thing we need is another off field distraction.

If u refer to my earlier post u would realise I've been spot on so far, and I can tell u he couldn't give a stuff about richmond and wants out. I'll say it again he will go through to the psd and gws will take him....

Webbie I'm prepared to listen to you - what/who is your source?

Bit odd that its now Wed - 5 days after the deadlne for Dusty to sign with us.
And GWS (leon Cameron) said Dusty's heart is with the tigers
Cotchy comes out and says he loves Dusty and wants him back home
He was at the Brownlow on our table...
then again - some posters here suggest he was off his face at 3am

What's going on? Either way, I just want it to end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back