Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicking goals playing permanent forward after the midfield gets on top...
So he's a downhill skier?

Do you even watch footy or are you watching the AFL website stats screen?
This was a 16 point game and Martin just stamped his class on the game that quarter. Kicked 3 goals when the heat was still on.

A downhill skier is someone like Mitch Duncan. Great when the team is riding a wave of momentum but once it's willing and in the balance, he's MIA.

I'm the one who restarted the convo on this thread & I'd like to say I told you so Dusty wins important matches for his team even look at how unselfish he was kicking to Caddy for a goal could have easily gone for 7 goals but bring he's teammates into it. 10 score involvements for 13 disposals?

Two amazing players with different attributes

Danger is the better athlete, in the air and seeing him bust out of the middle is one of the best things to see in modern footy

Dusty has higher footy iq and forward craft

Who is better?
Who cares. both could easily stake a claim and will be remembered as champions of the game

It's good to compare and debate who is better though it's hard not to be biased, I'm always going to say Dusty is better but they both do great things.

Dangerfield is more consistently on. Dusty has had down patches over the seasons, whereas Danger if fit is a consistent and dominant force.

But Dusty's best is better. And when he gets in the groove, strings outstanding months of footy together that Dangerfield just can't match. It's really his skills that make the difference. Danger is all power, but no finesse. A straight line player, even if it means turning the ball over or running into a wall of opposition. Dusty not only has more guile in the angles he runs with or without the ball, but his finishing and body work is on another level.

Neither have a defensive bone in their bodies. Even at the contest Dangerfield's desperation is mostly directed at the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not even in the same conversation.
It's almost half time, dusty has had 5 disposals and 4 turn overs....
"Match winner" huh
Yeah not in the same conversation at all.

Two amazing players with different attributes

Danger is the better athlete, in the air and seeing him bust out of the middle is one of the best things to see in modern footy

Dusty has higher footy iq and forward craft

Who is better?
Who cares. both could easily stake a claim and will be remembered as champions of the game

Great post mate. Both Danger and Dusty footy geniuses of the highest order, only matched by the likes of Fyfe and Grundy. If people need to use the enormous performance of one of these two blokes in order to denigrate the other, they’ve missed the point. As a Tiges supporter I’ve got an emotional leaning towards Dusty, but I’d take Danger as a franchise player in a heartbeat.

Both champions.

Dusty was brilliant tonight, no doubt, but you have to admit, Richmond had very few passengers compared to Geelong's efforts last night where Danger was alone in the trenches and he still dragged them to within 10pts.
It doesn't hand the win to Danger, but you cant question his desire to compete, could you imagine Danger in Richmond's midfield with Dusty one out, impossible to beat.

Dusty was brilliant tonight, no doubt, but you have to admit, Richmond had very few passengers compared to Geelong's efforts last night where Danger was alone in the trenches and he still dragged them to within 10pts.
It doesn't hand the win to Danger, but you cant question his desire to compete, could you imagine Danger in Richmond's midfield with Dusty one out, impossible to beat.
You have to worry that Danger eventually does to himself what Judd did. That desperation and competitive drive may have consequences. Fyfe seems the same way. These guys can run themselves into the ground.

Say what you might about Gazza and his reluctance to play injured, but he managed a period of consistent greatness that is generational in its rarity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back