Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

I love that Dusty adds craft and finesse to his power game. Sure he can burst away from a pack and kick long but he can also move about in traffic and deftly shape a kick around his body to a leading forward.

I think Danger is much more the pure power player. He sees the ball, gets the ball, charges forward and then no one is stopping him. Someone summed it up perfectly he is very much a straight line player whereas Dusty is a little more crafty with the ball.

Not saying one is better or worse, but different styles of being damaging.

He'd probably have more than 7 in his Brownlow year alone, he was a freak during that season and almost entirely the reason we made finals.
Remember we missed finals the year before, and made the Prelim with Danger in the side.
GFC aren't a great team you know, we have a great top 6 or so then it falls away drastically, Danger largely has been the point of difference in many many games.
So you can’t count to 71 then is that it?

Dangerfield gets all the media love. And rightfully so because he's a gun. But in my opinion Dusty is just as good. If it wasn't for his tattoos and his father who has bikie connections would he would be getting more love from the media ? An absolute champion. And deserves as much hype as Patty.

On field skills and influence ??? who knows both are absolute jets, apples for apples so to speak.
Ask any team to pick one or the other and they would all struggle to give an answer quickly.
With regard to the media darling aspect, Dusty is just reserved and very private and has no want of being in front of camera talking. Danger is destined for a job in the media

Martin is a guy who continually bitches us and i am really upset that Richmond has beaten us for over 10 years straight. I drank the coolaid and really thought we could beat an experienced finals team with a team of homebrand nobodies and Luke Hodge.

EFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you allowed to drink and drive in Brisbane?

I’ll tell you what you can do in Brisbane. Execute a perfect Adelaide/Western Bulldogs “handball” in finals.

I’ll tell you what you can do in Brisbane. Execute a perfect Adelaide/Western Bulldogs “handball” in finals.

I’ll tell you who is a cheat...
That hipwood bean pole
The way he lined up grimes was one of the worst acts I’ve seen on a footy field

I’ll tell you who is a cheat...
That hipwood bean pole
The way he lined up grimes was one of the worst acts I’ve seen on a footy field

But mind you, it was ok when Harris Andrews took a dive at the G after he tried to initiate contact with Lynch and Rioli was 60m out streaming into the 50.....they forget pretty quickly these Lions ;)

Awful second half from him. Honestly didn’t see him for large parts of that third quarter. My mate reckons Chris Scott had him deep forward.

Classic Chris Scott if so. Third quarter was the time to extend the lead. Instead he continues to think Dangerfield can be rested forward without it hurting the team. That game against the Hawks two years ago was the worst thing ever team wise. Ever since Scott’s use of Dangerfield has been puzzling at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back