Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the true test is finals performances. Dangerfield fails when the pressure is truly on.

Did you all forget Dusty’s first half? Bloke was awful.

I would have Dusty over Dangerfield. Think Dusty when his kicking is on is the most influential player in the league. Tonight’s not the night to gloat about Dusty’s performance. His team was better but their performance was pretty even tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you all forget Dusty’s first half? Bloke was awful.

I would have Dusty over Dangerfield. Think Dusty when his kicking is on is the most influential player in the league. Tonight’s not the night to gloat about Dusty’s performance. His team was better but their performance was pretty even tonight.
At the end of the day the thread is about Dusty V Danger and their teams played one another in a final, so it's fitting to gloat about the one that was better, even if it was only marginal. The facts are, the first half belonged to Dangerfield but in that time Dusty was still a presence. The second half absolutely belonged to Dusty and Dangerfield was nowhere to be seen. 2 touches and was touched up by a bloke with a busted shoulder.

Dangerfield gets all the media love. And rightfully so because he's a gun. But in my opinion Dusty is just as good. If it wasn't for his tattoos and his father who has bikie connections would he would be getting more love from the media ? An absolute champion. And deserves as much hype as Patty.

I think Danger was better for a longer period of time than Dusty at the time of OPs posting. But now, I think I lean towards Dusty. Really stands up when needed.

Danger is a hell of a player though.

Think they were pretty even tonight. I’d personally take Danger over the course of a season as he’s more consistent. Dusty pops up in the big moments, but can do a disappearing act better than anyone on his day.

Anyone got footage/transcript of Danger mouthing off to Dusty just before half time? He seemed pretty confident after flopping and then winding down the clock.

And is there any footage of the two post match? I doubt it as I think the cameras would've been all over it. Dusty, as usual, probably just let his footy (and scoreboard) do the the talking and said nothing at the end of the game.

Seems to bring teammates into the game a bit more than what Dangerfield does.

Dangerfield's kicking when bursting out of the middle is getting worse by the year.

I think he always assumes he's about be tackled and hacks it when a lot of the time he's that quick he actually has created enough space to settle and make sure he hits the target, not sure how you adjust that and whether some players are just better at sensing where the opponent is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back