Recommitted Dustin Martin [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Definitely if we were close then sure try and get a flag with Buddy final year or so but we are still way to inconsistent and Dusty wont fix that.
Another year for your gun younger kids will fix that though. Only need a slight improvement accross the board to take a huge step up. Add one of the best finals players off all time to that....

Hopefully he stays anyway.

Is your club viewing it as a salary cap dump situation? or do they genuinely want to keep him.
Don't think we need to salary dump with Caddy, Lambert and Edwards all gone and Cotchin and Riewoldt on alot less coin if they do decide to play on one more. I think the club would love him to stay on but understand his situation and would try to accommodate his request to be traded if thats was his wish.

If his salary was the problem they could just re structure it for another year. He'll play for 3 or 4 more I reckon, wherever that is.

Dusty isn’t going anywhere!
Just another flog Journo trying create something that is not there! Journalists are becoming so dumb with their speculation! Disrespectful to all they write about.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As much as we all want to see Dusty back at his very best. He is going to be 32 or close to before he puts on a GWS or Swans jersey.
That being said people asking for top 10 or even the real silly ones asking for 2 1st round picks. Simple answer is not going to happen. Unless Tigers pay a fair portion of his salary.
I believe a pick in the 20s will get the job done with Dustys best footy behind him now. 20s is a fair or even a little over the top. He is on massive dollars.
if Dusty does move to Sydney, it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I doubt GWS or Swans will give up too much for him.

Right now dusty's contract is a negative in the deal rather than a positive.
Dusty moving means they get 1.2 million in cap relief and the risk of an early retirement gets taken on by the new club. This will be factored into any deal.

Melbourne's first and a late sweetener easily gets the job done

I don’t disagree with that at all. People need to understand just clearing the cap space is a big part of the deal.

Just another flog Journo trying create something that is not there! Journalists are becoming so dumb with their speculation! Disrespectful to all they write about.

That channel 9 show is such crap, always trying to be sensational to make them relevant.

Dusty would be a disaster move for the Swans, too much risk, too much salary cap, too much in picks. They've been quietly rebuilding, need to stick to that course.

We won’t go near him. Too much money for a 32 year old who appears to still be grieving (understandably)…. Basically, there is too much risk.

Dusty won’t want to lose his guaranteed coin, but if he wants to move he may need to agree to re-structure. Unlikely any clubs north of Vic could afford his current 2yr contract?

But is it too much of a risk to turn his current 2yr contract into a 3 or 4yr contract too spread his coin out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you're going to be dissapointed mate.

Richmond might be having a fire sale.

If Dusty goes a heap might go.

Line up, Lynch for sale, RFC pays part of the salary, Prestia for sale, Baker for sale, Rioli for sale etc...

We will want to keep our youngsters will we not?? Probably want to keep Bolton and Balta but who knows.

Dusty gone takes us out of real contention so we can turn over a few players to other teams with a better chance so we can get a leg up starting again

Richmond might be having a fire sale.

If Dusty goes a heap might go.

Line up, Lynch for sale, RFC pays part of the salary, Prestia for sale, Baker for sale, Rioli for sale etc...

We will want to keep our youngsters will we not?? Probably want to keep Bolton and Balta but who knows.

Dusty gone takes us out of real contention so we can turn over a few players to other teams with a better chance so we can get a leg up starting again
Not sure Dusty leaving takes you out of contention. Still plenty of quality (albeit mostly ageing) and I'd say it's pretty likely you'll replace Dusty with at least one player of decent quality.

Not sure Dusty leaving takes you out of contention. Still plenty of quality (albeit mostly ageing) and I'd say it's pretty likely you'll replace Dusty with at least one player of decent quality.

Without Dusty, we can't win, end of an era.

We could win, but we can't because we do not have enough cattle in the right time slots so the smart thing would be to blow it up and target in three years time at the earliest involving picks and youngsters coming in without BS to the RFC fans

Last edited:
Oh shit this guy seems ok.

Would be a fine addition to our vfl team, nowhere near the sheer quality of Kayne Turner.

Does anyone actually expect the swans ceo to go out of his way to tell him Ralph that that are interested in dusty at this stage of the season ?

Exactly swans are good at keeping this stuff quiet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Dustin Martin [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back