Recommitted Dustin Martin [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Categorically ruled out again by our chairman haven't spoken to Dusty his manager nor Richmond.

Any Sydney interest is indeed from GWS

Sydney are full of shit. Harley lies all the time. Which is fine, there is no reason why he should tell the truth. But there is absolutely zero chance if Dusty was interested in coming to NSW they wouldn't have spoken to at least his manager.

Categorically ruled out again by our chairman haven't spoken to Dusty his manager nor Richmond.

Any Sydney interest is indeed from GWS
Honestly I would read nothing into that. It's still only July, he wouldn't want a media circus, the easiest way to shut things up is to say exactly that.

Personally I have no idea nor inside mail if Dusty wants to get out of Melbourne and head to Sydney (the city not the side).

To me he makes more sense to the Swans, as he's a tip over the edge from contender to premiership team in their window. He doesn't really make sense for a GWS side who is probably further away from a flag window.

Id think all QLD and NSW sides would be very interested

Suits all

All midfields light on compared to the absolute best now

GWS probably the ones who struggle most with cap if you listen to the media, can the AFL help in anyway here?

Sydney also maybe up against it, but Kennedy done, lost Dawson, Buddys contract done

I’ve made peace with him possibly leaving. If he does leave it’s for the right reasons and he’s delivered us more success than we could have ever hoped for.

If he does leave he would need to tear up his current contract and take a fair pay cut so that alone tells me he would be doing it for his emotional well being.

Trade value? So hard to know. Best we could hope for would be a first rounder I reckon. Most oppo supporters probably think that’s overs but if they see him as a the difference between winning and losing then he’s worth it. If hes purely a marketing tool then he won’t go as that’s not his go.

In recent years player names have been associated as going to the Swans - and when the Swans have come out and categorically denied approaching that player- that player has NEVER ended up at the Swans.

Whateley: Are the Swans stockpiling money for the possibility of Dustin Martin being available?

Harley: “Absolutely not. That is one thing I will comment on because there is absolutely no link between these two stories and these two players. I’ve said repeatedly and consistently, as I’ve said with Lance, that we have had no contact with nor conversations with Dustin Martin. He is not our player and it would be inappropriate for us to do that. I am a little bewildered about how the story around Dustin keeps resurfacing and resurfacing with a strong connection to the Swans because that is absolutely not the case.”

In recent years player names have been associated as going to the Swans - and when the Swans have come out and categorically denied approaching that player- that player has NEVER ended up at the Swans.

Whateley: Are the Swans stockpiling money for the possibility of Dustin Martin being available?

Harley: “Absolutely not. That is one thing I will comment on because there is absolutely no link between these two stories and these two players. I’ve said repeatedly and consistently, as I’ve said with Lance, that we have had no contact with nor conversations with Dustin Martin. He is not our player and it would be inappropriate for us to do that. I am a little bewildered about how the story around Dustin keeps resurfacing and resurfacing with a strong connection to the Swans because that is absolutely not the case.”

Although the deal didn't eventuate, Harley denied daniher aswell

Buddy out, Dusty in? You'll probably get 4-5 more years out of him. Even with Dusty taking a fair amount of the marketing money Buddy leaves behind, Dusty would still be taking a paycut, but I think he genuinely wants to get up there even if it costs him a few bucks. Will be the firsts Swans big money marketing man not to be a Full Forward, interesting to see how that goes with the casuals, general understanding is they only go mental for goals.

Dustin’s injury that has held him back this year won’t help any value on a trade market if he actually asks for a trade.

I couldn’t see Tigers asking for much in return to be honest.

If Dustin requests a trade at all for that matter. My best guess right now is that he legitimately considering retiring.

Dustin’s injury that has held him back this year won’t help any value on a trade market if he actually asks for a trade.

If Dustin requests a trade at all for that matter. My best guess right now is that he legitimately considering retiring.

Contract worth so much and his contribution on the field in the last 18 months has been such that he wouldn't be worth a lot IMO. Some people are thinking multiple first rounders which is bollocks.

I'd be offering Dusty + our first round pick for Taranto + Hopper. Not saying it's the perfect trade but it's a starting point.

Some people are thinking multiple first rounders which is bollocks.
Basketball Wives Agree GIF by VH1

I'd be offering Dusty + our first round pick for Taranto + Hopper. Not saying it's the perfect trade but it's a starting point.
Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

You’d think he’d retire. Doesn’t look interested, and body is breaking down.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Contract worth so much and his contribution on the field in the last 18 months has been such that he wouldn't be worth a lot IMO. Some people are thinking multiple first rounders which is bollocks.

Not sure why a bottom 4 team would be trading a 24 year old and a 25 year old for an over 30 year old with a body that is starting to show signs of breaking down.

Tim will look good in B&W
623D8317-A9E9-47E7-9C0D-452E27418D64.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why a bottom 4 team would be trading a 24 year old and a 25 year old for an over 30 year old with a body that is starting to show signs of breaking down.
Dusty's been super durable over the journey. Missed a lot of training this year both preseason and in season, which explains the hammy.

Overall I wouldn't be too worried about his body.

Dusty's been super durable over the journey. Missed a lot of training this year both preseason and in season, which explains the hammy.

Overall I wouldn't be too worried about his body.
You would if you were a club taking on a big salary and giving up assets to bring him to the club, Deledio was durable at one point, Birch was durable at one point.

I still think the Giants just make 0 sense with where the list is at, but giving up two young players for him makes even less sense.

Sorry just saw this.

I guess GWS would be doing it as a marketing opportunity.

As for his body they would have to do their own medical assessments. He's had an interrupted pre-season and then taking a break during the season has probably hurt his fitness also. I'm hoping he'll bounce back next year, it would be good for footy in general if he did rather than fall off a cliff.

As for Taranto and Hopper well it's hard to retain blokes who don't want to play for you isn't it?

Sorry just saw this.

I guess GWS would be doing it as a marketing opportunity.

As for his body they would have to do their own medical assessments. He's had an interrupted pre-season and then taking a break during the season has probably hurt his fitness also. I'm hoping he'll bounce back next year, it would be good for footy in general if he did rather than fall off a cliff.

As for Taranto and Hopper well it's hard to retain blokes who don't want to play for you isn't it?
I think the Giants are past the point of signing for marketing, would hope at least.

If they want out sure not much you can do but they would be (imo) asking for young players or draft picks

You’d think he’d retire. Doesn’t look interested, and body is breaking down.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nonsense, the 1st half that he played against West Coast was vintage Dusty and then he did his hammy early in the 3rd. It was so annoying as that was the closest we had seen of what we know Dusty can do all year.

Richmond fans following the same route everyone who loses an aging star follows. They'll soon realise cents on the dollar is all they'll receive.

Signing up a player that has zero interest in talking to media as a marketing opportunity?
This.

I made a post earlier on this subject. He is marketable on ability only. That's it and that ability is diminishing.

I know Richmond won 3 flags recently but in the times where you aren’t capable of winning one, watching a bunch of one club champions running around is all you can really hope for. I’m speaking from the last 11 years experience in losing finals.

Dusty is a Richmond and AFL legend but he will never be a legend of whatever club he ends up at unless they win a few flags too

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Dustin Martin [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back