Recommitted Dustin Martin [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

If tiges did a miss count of their books and needed to move Dusty’s full pay tiges would have to give a first rd pick with him.
Suns paid us pick 19 to move brodies 2x 500k+ of their books because of a miss count.
The Tigers are a professionally, well run club off field. We did not do a "miscount".

Might be time for a new thread. Mofra Ticky009

Last time I heard the Ox being this adamant of a player going somewhere it was when he told SEN that JOM and Tom would be at Hawthorn the following year.

Might be time for a new thread. Mofra Ticky009

Last time I heard the Ox being this adamant of a player going somewhere it was when he told SEN that JOM and Tom would be at Hawthorn the following year.

I just don't see the point. Dusty is pretty cooked and Richmond will want a lot of capital for him. Is the marketing department running the Suns?

I just don't see the point. Dusty is pretty cooked and Richmond will want a lot of capital for him. Is the marketing department running the Suns?
He's a free agent.

On current form he's probably not even best 22 for suns next year, although I suspect he's been carrying an injury for all or most of this season.

I still think it's bulldust.

I didn't realize he was a FA. Still pointless as he doesn't seem to be the type to want to go to a whole new team for a year or two. I suppose it's the Dimma connection and the old journo trick of 1 + 1 = 10
yeah thats the thing, you are only getting him for on field and the man is struggling. Yes it could be carrying an injury and who knows, that gets right and you get 2 good years out of him, but he aint the marketing guy.

I could see Dimma taking a free swing, but it doesnt make sense to me based on current form.

I would think having a three premiership medals, three norm smiths and a brownlow on the Gold Coast would be a happy marketing arrangement for the AFL - so they would pay extra to him for appearances.
GC need to look beyond gimmicks IMO, they should be aspiring to be better than that.

GC need to look beyond gimmicks IMO, they should be aspiring to be better than that.

It's just one list spot, maybe sell some extra memberships, build the brand. Maybe he plays, maybe he doesn't.

The AFL can give GC an extra list spot and then pay almost all of his salary too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just one list spot, maybe sell some extra memberships, build the brand. Maybe he plays, maybe he doesn't.

The AFL can give GC an extra list spot and then pay almost all of his salary too.
The AFL would surely expect more bang for their buck in that case dont you reckon? He isnt one to play their game.

The AFL would surely expect more bang for their buck in that case dont you reckon? He isnt one to play their game.

The marketing value for the AFL in regards to Martin is entirely off field and showing highlights.

He doesn't need to be the best player in the league, he's going to spend more time at school clinics letting children wear his medals for photo ops.

The marketing value for the AFL in regards to Martin is entirely off field and showing highlights.

He doesn't need to be the best player in the league, he's going to spend more time at school clinics letting children wear his medals for photo ops.
I dont see it, would be a mistake IMO.

I dont see it, would be a mistake IMO.

It would represent a different experience for Martin, it might be enough to keep him away from retirement and gets him away from the media gaze he so dislikes. He has achieved everything already, I think he will be looking for a new challenge to motivate him.

It would be a shame to lose him from footy.

Is he mentally ready to take on another season ?.

You need to be mentally & physically fit to make it through the season. I get the vibes that mentally he is starting to fade in his concentration.

I dont think his body is right. He was very, very good on 2023, there's been a dramatic drop off since and he's had a few niggling injuries this season so I suggest he just can't get himself right.

Question would be if with an off-season he can sort that, if so he could still be a handy player for a year or two but he isn't going to get back to his great years.

I personally think he'll retire a Tiger.

Dustin is terrible with the media.

This would be a win for Richmond.

FA, and it's not like he'd move unless he was offered a pretty decent salary, so they'd get something like a second rounder for a player that they'd probably be showing the door to if he wasn't such a legend.

From a GC POV....It'd be a good PR, but really, why?

I didn't mention media, I said school outreach where he grows the AFL brand

He would be terrible at that too. Hes reclusive.
Hes not the player id want there for marketing purposes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back