Recommitted Dustin Martin [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

We're in a pickle now but not in the last few years winning flags and re-signing club legends? :$ Plus the cap is going up next season.

GC will just have to be content picking up our scraps.
Your reply has zero to do with my post, it’s just a sentence on past glories. but you are right that you have won flags while we haven’t even played finals, I take some comfort that even clubs that were a laughing stock for 30 years get a chance to have their face in The Sun

Sorry that’s the figure that I heard reported.
Maybe just correct me with the right figure instead of patronising me.
The reported amount is 1.3 mil each year for the next 2 years. Mind you, no one would know the exact amount, or whether that is say 1.6 and 1 mil, and how it is loaded, etc. other than Dusty, his manager and the RFC.

It's safe to assume it's over a million each year though.

I think it's the cost of keeping him back in 2017 (and ultimately well worth it considering the 3 flags). You don't keep him without a mega deal and of course that can sometimes not be the most value in the last couple of years in isolation.

The reported amount is 1.3 mil each year for the next 2 years. Mind you, no one would know the exact amount, or whether that is say 1.6 and 1 mil, and how it is loaded, etc. other than Dusty, his manager and the RFC.

It's safe to assume it's over a million each year though.

I think it's the cost of keeping him back in 2017 (and ultimately well worth it considering the 3 flags). You don't keep him without a mega deal and of course that can sometimes not be the most value in the last couple of years in isolation.
Yeah he’s wage is totally fine at Richmond for what his done for the club and deserved.
Like Fyfe is on a million+ and deserved for his service to the club.
But a new club for there current output age injuries wouldn’t want to be paying them more then 750k a year.

It would be crazy for us as we have a lot of young guys in our team that are going to be demanding higher salaries really soon. Why mortgage the future for Martin?

I don't think you should.

I actually think the best place for dusty is rfc

Close thread.

Cant see another team looking at him due to his injuries, drop off in form and reported losing his passion and hunger to play.

Well past his prime and the marketing angle doesnt seem so good all of a sudden.
it's Dustin Martin. If he is available, teams will enquire.

Not at 1.3 million a year they won't.
Richmond paid that price to win 3 premierships . Dusty won them 3 premierships.

He is like a gun racehorse who now needs to be put out to stud and live the good life . No stress go out for a trot

Richmond just need to pay him and let him run around and be a mentor for the next 2 year . He has earned that 1.3 mill for the next 2 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL at everyone writing him off. Let's see how he goes after the break with a freshen up mentally and a full pre season into the body.
Your missing the point. We're talking about his trade value. Based on his salary, it's a massive punt to trade for someone who's been below his best for 2 seasons, regardless of whether that's been due to injury.

I hate the idea that Melbourne are after Grundy, even if the Pies pay part of his wage.

LOL at everyone writing him off. Let's see how he goes after the break with a freshen up mentally and a full pre season into the body.
I mean is it that surprising?

2 years of niggles/injuries still a good player but not the player he was and will be 32 next year. Has all the indicators of a player on the decline

Don't think any player is worth 1.3 mil a year to be fair. Even Dusty in his prime.

1.3 is crazy stuff.

Your missing the point. We're talking about his trade value. Based on his salary, it's a massive punt to trade for someone who's been below his best for 2 seasons, regardless of whether that's been due to injury.

I hate the idea that Melbourne are after Grundy, even if the Pies pay part of his wage.
I don't think he'll leave so not concerned with his trade value.

Agree re Grundy. He is not what Dees need and he's 28 with 5 years left. Just because Pies paid him a stupid amount doesn't mean Dees would be getting a bargain if Pies pay a portion. He's only worth 700.
I mean is it that surprising?

2 years of niggles/injuries still a good player but not the player he was and will be 32 next year. Has all the indicators of a player on the decline
Only 1 season of soft tissue concerns and probably all due to the disrupted pre season from his old mans death.
Don't think any player is worth 1.3 mil a year to be fair. Even Dusty in his prime.

1.3 is crazy stuff.
He just about won us 3 flags off his own boot. 1.3 has been a steal for us, even if he never plays another good game.

I don't think he'll leave so not concerned with his trade value.

Agree re Grundy. He is not what Dees need and he's 28 with 5 years left. Just because Pies paid him a stupid amount doesn't mean Dees would be getting a bargain if Pies pay a portion. He's only worth 700.

Only 1 season of soft tissue concerns and probably all due to the disrupted pre season from his old mans death.

He just about won us 3 flags off his own boot. 1.3 has been a steal for us, even if he never plays another good game.
Either that or the fact he is 31 years old, 2 years since we have last seen him at his best.

I don't think it is an unfair opinion to hold that he on the way down.

Richmond paid that price to win 3 premierships . Dusty won them 3 premierships.

He is like a gun racehorse who now needs to be put out to stud and live the good life . No stress go out for a trot

Richmond just need to pay him and let him run around and be a mentor for the next 2 year . He has earned that 1.3 mill for the next 2 years
Purhim out to stud? Lol.

What, Richmond can sell off his offspring at the summer horse sales?

They totally overpaid forthe final two years. But with three flags fans wont caee.

No doubt he's on the decline. Still got plenty of good footy left IMO. Could play for another 5 years inside f50.
He was worth every cent you've paid him.

But the fact remains he missed 6 games last year and 13 this year.
He's worth more to you, but he's probably worth half that to another club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back