News Dylan Grimes and Toby Nankervis announced as captains for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

So if we compare Nank to a horse, he is some sort of a war horse who is extremely large, strong, fierce, and athletic. I can take that.

Nank is not even our number 1 ruckman once Soldo is fully fit.

Gonna be awkward if he gets dropped if want to go more mobile or are we going the shaft Soldo to save face?

1980 premiership captain Bruce Monteath started on the bench in the granny.

So if we compare Nank to a horse, he is some sort of a war horse who is extremely large, strong, fierce, and athletic. I can take that.
can the horse run, mark, & handball tho. i'm sure his kicking will b fine.:p

will the two captains wear #17 to honour chris newman ?

One captain is enough. If you have 2, you may as well have 3, or 5, or 12.

Whats the difference.
Actually we have 22 captains every week. Only one gets named but this season we'll be naming two.

Tigers are all about inclusion. This decision shouldn't be a surprise or a disappointment to any but the most fragile of fans.

Fair to say this hasnt worked. Lets go back to one. Jack, whilst not as his peak, would have probably been a better option to shoulder the burden in 22. Prob too late now for next year.

Grimes has been okay. A little off, especially last week with the dropped marks, but still doing his thing.

Nank has been a terrible choice. Not an elite ruckman but our captain. Decision making is poor (that kick late in the game in front of our goal) and really really indiscipline. Leads the afl in frees against by a fair margin and hes the captain!

Another thread where the happy clappers got wrong. Never liked, but remained silent to spare myself from the abuse. Nank hand Grimes showed more leadership just as players. I think this has backfired badly and Flossy should have been our captain as he's cool headed and ever reliable. Isn't a clumsy fruitcake on the field like Nakkers and is the general of the BL.

Another thread where the happy clappers got wrong. Never liked, but remained silent to spare myself from the abuse. Nank hand Grimes showed more leadership just as players. I think this has backfired badly and Flossy should have been our captain as he's cool headed and ever reliable. Isn't a clumsy fruitcake on the field like Nakkers and is the general of the BL.
Don’t think Vlossy would of been a great choice either
Still has massive discipline issues and gets sucked into doing stupid shit

Honestly I don’t think we have any standout candidates for the role right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must have been watching a different game. I thought Nankervis easily beat on of the best ruckman of the last decade in Goldstein. 20 disposals and 36 hit outs, vs 15 and 25. Some of those free's early were nonsense. Think about Nank is he gets the ball in a situation like a midfielder, but he is a ruckman so you can't expect him to have the same dexterity as them. He puts so much pressure on around the ball but he makes the odd blue because he gets the ball so often in difficult spaces.

Also cannot see how anyone can pot Grime's game. Thought he was great all game.

I must have been watching a different game. I thought Nankervis easily beat on of the best ruckman of the last decade in Goldstein. 20 disposals and 36 hit outs, vs 15 and 25. Some of those free's early were nonsense. Think about Nank is he gets the ball in a situation like a midfielder, but he is a ruckman so you can't expect him to have the same dexterity as them. He puts so much pressure on around the ball but he makes the odd blue because he gets the ball so often in difficult spaces.

Also cannot see how anyone can pot Grime's game. Thought he was great all game.
His discipline all year has been non captain material and team uninspiring and not what you expect from a captain.

His discipline all year has been non captain material and team uninspiring and not what you expect from a captain.
He is a ruckman who plays it physically which is sort of what you want from your captain. Sometimes he over does it, but I think the good outweighs the bad. Besides some of those umpiring decisions in the ruck battles were baffling.

Sampson Ryan, who gives away way more frees in the ruck than most, received 6 frees for in a row a week or so ago. He was as surprised with half the decisions as he counterpart. It's a lottery in the ruck. The one yesterday where Nnk got done for shepherding when he jumped in the air and used his hip to shield the ball while he tapped the ball is ruckwork 101 and has been for 100 years. Big Nic anyone.

He is a ruckman who plays it physically which is sort of what you want from your captain. Sometimes he over does it, but I think the good outweighs the bad. Besides some of those umpiring decisions in the ruck battles were baffling.

Sampson Ryan, who gives away way more frees in the ruck than most, received 6 frees for in a row a week or so ago. He was as surprised with half the decisions as he counterpart. It's a lottery in the ruck. The one yesterday where Nnk got done for shepherding when he jumped in the air and used his hip to shield the ball while he tapped the ball is ruckwork 101 and has been for 100 years. Big Nic anyone.
Ryan gives away a lot of free kicks bc he's lacking strength and a tank atm and fatigues badly in games. It's not from undiscipline acts. Ryan is a kid learning the game and his relevance being raised by you here is ludicrous. If you're going to bring up free kicks against by rucks see if you can find anyone in the AFL who's performing poorer than Nakkers. I think he's leading the race or close to it, plus 50's against him have been another demise in his leadership.Yes it's great from Nakkers that he plays with gusto, but it's his costly indiscretions that are team killers.

Last edited:
Ryan gives away a lot of free kicks bc he's lacking strength atm and fatigues badly in games. It's not from undiscipline acts. Ryan is a kid learning the game and his relevance being raised by you here is ludicrous. If you're going to bring up free kicks against by rucks see if you can find anyone in the AFL who's performing poorer than Nakkers. I think he's leading the race or close to it, plus 50's against him have been another demise in his leadership.Yes it's great from Nakkers that he plays with gusto, but it's his costly indiscretions that are team killers.
The reason I brought up Ryan was as you say he gives away a fair few but go 6 in a row to him because umps have such poor interpretation about ruck work that half the decisions could go either way. I agree with you in regard to 50's, but our entire side are somewhat guilty of that. Still think the good he does outweighs the bad.

The reason I brought up Ryan was as you say he gives away a fair few but go 6 in a row to him because umps have such poor interpretation about ruck work that half the decisions could go either way. I agree with you in regard to 50's, but our entire side are somewhat guilty of that. Still think the good he does outweighs the bad.
Ryan is irrelevant here as I pointed out to you, but the following are:

Ryan is irrelevant here as I pointed out to you, but the following are:

5 rucks inside the top 20, 6 inside the top 21

Pretty disproportionate representation of rucks considering the number of rucks running around in the comp compared to other possies

Shows to me that ruck free kicks are an absolute shit show and judged differently to other possies on field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back