Autopsy Roast & Toast and Changes for North

Best 5 v Pies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep he's perfectly qualified to be the arrogant a$$hole who is all about ME, Me, Me that we currently don't have at the club.
Yeah, you been watching some of our senior blokes lately? And ever actually listened to Buckley speak at all? You couldn't be further from the truth.

Tbh I reckon beating North and finishing 17 is not bad. The worry is wce getting the spoon. Means Baker could leave without a trade.
How so?

Yep he's perfectly qualified to be the arrogant a$$hole who is all about ME, Me, Me that we currently don't have at the club.
I would be strongly against bringing in anyone who goes into AFL media - reeks of self-importance and AFL being everything to them. Not qualities that you want in a coach. There's a reason the best coaches don't come from or go into media.

Feel like the ass has fallen out of our defence recently. Conceded 4x 100 points in a row before this. Aside from the two earlier floggings our defence was holding up okay despite Dow being our best mid. We were previously getting nutted out the back but we’re awful on slow plays now too.

We’re severely outnumbered offensively and always one on one or one on none defensively. Not sure how that occurs.

Nank in and Ryan out. Ryan is a bit of a tease, gets to good spots and drops marks even though he looks technically a good mark. Maybe he just needs that one more year of strength work which might give him a bit more confidence. He is a backup option, and should be better next year.

Time to put Bauer in. He leads to the ball and flies for his marks. They are attributes that are easier at AFL level that they are on the wet and windy winters days in the VFL. His leads will be better honoured and kicks will be more to his advantage. He has good pace and a good kick. Balta must go back, experiment with something new. I'd rather them try Blight up forward than Balta, he is a good mark and kick and mobile. I'm sure he won't mind the change.

Nank in and Ryan out. Ryan is a bit of a tease, gets to good spots and drops marks even though he looks technically a good mark. Maybe he just needs that one more year of strength work which might give him a bit more confidence. He is a backup option, and should be better next year.

Time to put Bauer in. He leads to the ball and flies for his marks. They are attributes that are easier at AFL level that they are on the wet and windy winters days in the VFL. His leads will be better honoured and kicks will be more to his advantage. He has good pace and a good kick. Balta must go back, experiment with something new. I'd rather them try Blight up forward than Balta, he is a good mark and kick and mobile. I'm sure he won't mind the change.

Ryan is frustrating to watch. The guy needs a thousand footy's to be thrown in the air each week so he can learn how to take an overhead mark correctly. The rest of the time he needs to spend on the weights machine to build his arms up to an acceptable strength level.

James Trezise is a pretty complete half back and has cemented his spot Never loses his feet so always in the contest, has real calmness and composure when he gets it and used it neatly. Old fashioned footballer that reminds me of Mervyn Keane from years ago. Takes a good mark as well.
He might be ok but right now he is killing our ball movement as he takes to long to make a decision

He might be ok but right now he is killing our ball movement as he takes to long to make a decision
Yeah agree, defensively he’s very solid but he’s a little bit of a panic merchant if he’s given or won the ball in general play or like you said takes far to long to make a decision when he takes a mark

Still very green

Agree but I also think we’ll be just as poor next year.
That depends. If we got a full season out of Lynch we would be much better particularly if Brown can develop into a third tall option. That should leave a spot for Blight down back. Then we need to be ruthless and get games into the kids. Pretty sure Dusty has worked that out so he will be gone one way or another. Macintosh Short and Graham need to go or be prepared to play VFL. We most likely won’t challenge for the eight but we could set ourselves up. The 2026 season is going to be critical. If we haven’t found a Lynch replacement by then we will still be around the bottom of the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Trezise is a pretty complete half back and has cemented his spot Never loses his feet so always in the contest, has real calmness and composure when he gets it and used it neatly. Old fashioned footballer that reminds me of Mervyn Keane from years ago. Takes a good mark as well.
I thought he look yze'd yesterday

Because a few of our guys are not 19yo or have been on the list for a while, they seem to get critiqued like they are 50-gamers… just a reminder:

Tresize : 5 games
Smith: 3
Green: 5
Campbell: 17
Banks: 17
Brown : 18

So when we see criticism that they don’t get enough ball or look a bit unfit or make poor decisions etc… we need to remember they are very very raw and playing in a very very sh*t team ATM. It’s a bloody tough gig to put your best foot forward when carrying such a load, especially if playing half forward type roles where you are getting almost no easy ball as part of a dominant team.

I am seeing really positive signs from these guys at fairly regular intervals and believe our youth is a hell of a lot better than anybody thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because a few of our guys are not 19yo or have been on the list for a while, they seem to get critiqued like they are 50-gamers… just a reminder:

Tresize : 5 games
Smith: 3
Green: 5
Campbell: 17
Banks: 17
Brown : 18

So when we see criticism that they don’t get enough ball or look a bit unfit or make poor decisions etc… we need to remember they are very very raw and playing in a very very sh*t team ATM. It’s a bloody tough gig to put your best foot forward when carrying such a load, especially if playing half forward type roles where you are getting almost no easy ball as part of a dominant team.

I am seeing really positive signs from these guys at fairly regular intervals and believe our youth is a hell of a lot better than anybody thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We are building a nice amount of B graders for our next flag tilt. Banks, Brown, and Green looking like longer term locks. Everyone is underestimating our 2021 crop from next year onwards. Brown is potentially an A Grader if he builds his tank and can be a true swingman.

All we need now is 2-3 years of elite picks to supplement this core emerging. We will be right.

Ryan is frustrating to watch. The guy needs a thousand footy's to be thrown in the air each week so he can learn how to take an overhead mark correctly. The rest of the time he needs to spend on the weights machine to build his arms up to an acceptable strength level.
When he goes for a mark it's as if the footy is as heavy as a medicine ball, it's like his arms/hands can't take the full force of the footy that's coming his way?

Obviously that's not the case but at least visually that's how it seems.

We are building a nice amount of B graders for our next flag tilt. Banks, Brown, and Green looking like longer term locks. Everyone is underestimating our 2021 crop from next year onwards. Brown is potentially an A Grader if he builds his tank and can be a true swingman.

All we need now is 2-3 years of elite picks to supplement this core emerging. We will be right.

We need to smack this draft out of the park, get as many 1st rounders as we can and probably make sure our 5 picks are all top 30 or near top 30. Then next year make sure we get a couple of quality players to build more depth.

Once the core group is being built, we can then look at trading in a couple of Free Agents that don't cost us a damn thing except salary cap.

we'll farrk that up by playing finals next year

We need to smack this draft out of the park, get as many 1st rounders as we can and probably make sure our 5 picks are all top 30 or near top 30. Then next year make sure we get a couple of quality players to build more depth.

Once the core group is being built, we can then look at trading in a couple of Free Agents that don't cost us a damn thing except salary cap.
Spot on, it's how we created our dynasty:

06 - Riewoldt, Edwards, Collins (who became Grigg)
07 - Cotchin, Rance
08 - Lets not talk about this - well, we took Vickery who when he left got us the pick that became Shai Bolton
09 - Martin, Astbury, Grimes

Pinning it on Yze is not the answer look above him. Alot of the issues started before he arrived. For me his been left to the Wolves this year.
Oath! BGale turned deaf/mute at the moment!???????????
Amazes me no one at our Club is standing Public with Adem in support!
Fecking no one!
Heard Balmey on SEN give Adem support...but he's leaving too!

When he goes for a mark it's as if the footy is as heavy as a medicine ball, it's like his arms/hands can't take the full force of the footy that's coming his way?

Obviously that's not the case but at least visually that's how it seems.

You see Adelaide's Thilthorpe came back from a long injury lay off and he looks like the incredible hulk, then you look at Ryan Samson and wonder WTF are we doing behind the scenes at our club.

1722221129437.png 1722221503632.png

1722221412013.png 1722221567253.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast and Changes for North

Back