Fantasy Dynasty League 2008 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Alpha Dynasty - DISCUSSION - Part 2

He's fallen behind in camp, depth chart, performance as a WR. Im not saying he's no good. I like the guy. I would want him back if he started to get better. But he's slipped behind in camp. Is not getting reps with the first or second team. Nor is Marcus Monk. So it's gonna be a year or two now for them to climb their way back up. Earl's main problem in college was that he didnt always understand the play, his routes. So maybe this has held him back for now as a rookie, struggling to get it. Which is a common problem for rookies. Sometimes it takes a WR a year or two to "get it". Second and third year WRs usually fair better. I'm looking to win games too, not just horde players.

Guys like Austin (one of those third year WRs) and Josh Morgan and Davone Bess I have brought into the team because they DID rise in the depth chart due to their performances in camp and in pre-season action. So they're more likely to get game time and/or be starters.

Arrington for instance might end up cut by me if he slips behind and some other WR (rookie or not) starts making a strong claim for a starting job.

Eddie Royal did great and is now a starter. Davone Bess undrafted came in and proved himself and cemented slot role. Austin, tho injured, has cemented the #3 role and #2 role when TO goes in a year or two. Morgan rose and will be starter. Will Franklin rose and is poised at #3 ready to take over the #2 role.

There are literally tens and tens of good young WRs out there (no names!) that are making strong claims for a starting role.

If Bennett gets his act together he WILL be a good player. I love the guy. But at the moment, I can only keep 8 WRs and I want to ensure I have 8 WRs who are all starting or poised to.

That's why i took him actually, austin. I knew he'd be OUT, and therefore could bring in Davone Bess as well. Carrying 9 WRs.

And, with reluctance i cut Bennett. But i cant own all the players i like. I have to let some go reluctanctly in the roster sizes we have. Which is great, forcing owners to think and manage. As for draft picks, i dont care. If McFadden starts struggling and there's a better option out there, I'd trade him or cut him if i felt it would help me win more games.

Mustangs GM, LD, has been busy in the last 24 hours, has snared the prized signature off a Zorn 'off Shotgun bullet' special.. look for Marcus Mason, to gather lots of enthusiasm as the season kicks in :thumbsu:

Marcus Mason has been very impressive. The only problem with that selection is that he's not gonna get any work in Washington with Portis and Betts ahead of him, and Cartwright perhaps too. Best chance for him is if he gets let go (which they wont do) and gets picked up by Denver or Houston to vie for a starting role.

Marcus Mason has been very impressive. The only problem with that selection is that he's not gonna get any work in Washington with Portis and Betts ahead of him, and Cartwright perhaps too. Best chance for him is if he gets let go (which they wont do) and gets picked up by Denver or Houston to vie for a starting role.

Cartwright?? that guy hangs around too many Chinese take-aways. Name is forever called out at Chinese take-aways but nobody responds...I guess that's Mason's cue to step in his place. Betts is a 3rd down back. Mustangs GM, LD, is quite happy to have Marcus listed on the 'Stangs roster with chopsticks ready to swoop on those croutons feed by the Soup QB.. Campbell. :thumbsu:

2 players out for season......good weekend :mad:
yeh certainly not a good weekend for you, Umenyiora being a 10th rounder hurts

meanwhile the Destroyers are looking fine, Jackson has ended his holdout, Delhomme appears fully recovered from his elbow surgery, Sanders has come off the PUP list and played this weekend with 5 tackles, Tim Hightower looks to have been a steal in the 31st round and the speculative pick in Chris Henry looks to have paid dividends, being resigned by the Bengals! All in all looking pretty good

Only concern is Jason Taylor but even he shouldnt miss much time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Gamma Dynasty - DISCUSSION

Texas Serial Killers. You can change it now to anything you want. I'll go delete the former owner. Great to have you on board.

Great to be here.

I'll stick with the TSK name ....don't want to waste any money on re-branding until I take the team to Dubai next year.

No cash involved in these fantasy comps, just bragging rights and fun.
The AE comp that Woodson runs is for prizemoney.
The team you inherited, if it's not the best, dont worry, you can fix it thru trades and signings.
Drafting is only one part of a comp, management is a bigger part---even in a dynasty comp.

No cash involved in these fantasy comps, just bragging rights and fun.
The AE comp that Woodson runs is for prizemoney.
The team you inherited, if it's not the best, dont worry, you can fix it thru trades and signings.
Drafting is only one part of a comp, management is a bigger part---even in a dynasty comp.
lol been busy gg? :p

Preseason form is a bit of a worry ;)

Surprised to see no one put in a waiver claim for Curtis, sure he is out for a while but 11th WR last year and you have 3 IR spots to use, i almost put in one for him but figured not to use the number 2 spot on him, very glad to pick him up for free, was surprised to see him even dropped in the first place

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy Dynasty League 2008 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back