Rumour Eade to Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

From memory Eade was on record as tipping the Cats yesterday (small margin). Good tip I suppose but my initial thought was that if you were in the mix to come on board it was a strange selection not putting faith in your incumbant team.

Or for the conspiracy theory maybe he went the Cats to keep the scent away from him being linked to us.

Just food for thought.
Yeh, either that or he just thought Geelong would win by a small margain.

I thought Eade was regarded as a great match day tactician? Either way his Director of Coaching role will have to be different to Mick's, Eade would have to be involved in match committee and in the box.

I thought Eade was regarded as a great match day tactician?

I thought this as well, tactics was supposed to be his big strength. I guess we could do worse than Eade, but I'm still boggled why the club would invite Rodney Eade to have matchday responsibilitys and deny Malthouse the same.

Eade has been in the running for the St Kilda coaching position, but is expected to take the firm job offer now and withdraw from the Saints' process. The role for Eade will partly incorporate duties that Malthouse would otherwise have performed had he stayed at Collingwood - overseeing high-performance strategies, innovations and development - but, unlike Malthouse, Eade will have a role on match day in the box. There may also be some element of opposition analysis within the role.

That is Intresting to Read Eade will be Involved on Gameday

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ching-team-20111002-1l3wv.html#ixzz1ZdL8VVNra

Eade has never been a great tactician. Personally I'd prefer Bucks to have a bloke like Leigh Matthews mentoring him.
Sorry, but like a few others here I find that a really odd statement especially when you consider that the last time we chased Eade it was specifically for the role as a tactician and it was categorically stated that the club rated his tactical abilities. :confused:

Absolute coup if true...we almost had him when he was appointed to the Bulldogs. He is recognized as one of the best tacticians going around. He motivated the Bulldogs to the finals with an average team. They were crippled by injuries this year. Bucks would have game plans/changes in mind and if he wants Eade then their is a reason.

This is nothing to do with MM vs Eade in the box. With MM, Bucks knows what he gets. Possibly they disagree with how things should be done. In fact, I would hope this is the case. I wouldn't want Bucks to be a MM clone.

Most senior appointments in business/sports bring sweeping changes. It's good to have a fresh start with new ideas to build on the knowledge the players already have.

Get the best out there Bucks and PLEASE get the best ruck development coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, terrific news for the club, and an important step to solidifying the new coaching structure. Eade is an outstanding choice for this role.

This is how I imagine it going down;

Last Tuesday, Eddie, Geoff Walsh and Gary Pert conference call Rodney Eade and offer Rodney the job, he accepts on the spot.

A few hours later, Eade receives a phone call from St Kilda;

Stkilda CEO (no one knows who he is;)); Afternoon Rodney, we would like to offer you the St Kilda senior coaching position.

Rodney; Umm, sorry mate, I've already accepted another role with twice the financial benefits you were offering.

SC: Wait, what, there's no more senior coaching positions out there, what position are you going into?

Eade; Sorry, can't get into that right now, it will come out in due course, cya.

SC puts the phone down and cries.:D:eek:

If anything, we have stolen the best open coaching candidate out there from under the Saints nose, haha.:D

This is how I imagine it going down;

Last Tuesday, Eddie, Geoff Walsh and Gary Pert conference call Rodney Eade and offer Rodney the job, he accepts on the spot.

A few hours later, Eade receives a phone call from St Kilda;

Stkilda CEO (no one knows who he is;)); Afternoon Rodney, we would like to offer you the St Kilda senior coaching position.

Rodney; Umm, sorry mate, I've already accepted another role with twice the financial benefits you were offering.

SC: Wait, what, there's no more senior coaching positions out there, what position are you going into?

Eade; Sorry, can't get into that right now, it will come out in due course, cya.

SC puts the phone down and cries.:D:eek:

If anything, we have stolen the best open coaching candidate out there from under the Saints nose, haha.:D

I think that's what's called in the business: Lock and Load

TBH the Saints had more to worry about last week given the Footy Show performance, so they didn't have time to get their contract written.

Eddie said that at the time because it was true.... (which aint a bad reason for saying something) but also he said it because people were saying that the Director of Coaching role was being created for Mick so that he would stay at the club.

Evidently, Eade has got a few "coaching box" duties that Bucks wasnt prepared to give to Mick.

I must admit that I happy to see the changes. I think that I would have woken up this morning and felt a little uneasy if we were going to reload with Mick next year. Whatever supporters feel at the moment, they have got to commit to Buck's and his coaching team. Side by side...

So when will the Club Announce this?
About now;

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/124547/default.aspx

The Collingwood Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Rodney Eade to the position of Football and Coaching Strategist.

Eade joins the Magpies having been the senior coach of the Western Bulldogs from 2005-11 (162 games; 88 wins, 72 losses, 2 draws). Prior to that he coached Sydney from 1996-2002 (152 games; 81 wins, 69 losses, 2 draws).

Eade’s playing career spanned 15 seasons with Hawthorn (229 games from 1976-87) and Brisbane (30 games from 1988-90), and included four premierships with the Hawks.

Welcome Rodney.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/124547/default.aspx

Club has now announced it on their website

This part was quite interesting

The Collingwood football department is this week reviewing the 2011 season.
Nobody from the football department, including Eade, will be available for further comment until after the Copeland Trophy dinner on Friday night, at which time further information regarding the football department structure will be communicated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Eade to Collingwood?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back