• Yes

Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You are the man Sco. DO IT. Vote 1 Scodog for prez, Gimpy for CEO, ThatsG FD manager... I love that team. That ticket will take us places.

In all seriousness, it would be an improvement.
Sponsored by IGA
.:)

You are the man Sco. DO IT. Vote 1 Scodog for prez, Gimpy for CEO, ThatsG FD manager... I love that team. That ticket will take us places.

You got a like simply for the looks I imagine would be on more than a few faces right now!

Although no Collingwood board and executive would be complete without your good self, Magpiebat and we might even be able to find a role for 76 as well if he's on the same page...

In all seriousness we could go to the nearest insane asylum and pick out worthy candidates. Oh wait :eek:

We will forever look for answers as to why the plan has failed.
I think that to blame either MM or Bucks is fanciful as both parties made it clear that they couldn't work together.
MM didn't want to stay.
Bucks didn't want him there
So it's clearly Ed's fault for orchestrating a plan that was never going to work.

You got a like simply for the looks I imagine would be on more than a few faces right now!

Although no Collingwood board and executive would be complete without your good self, Magpiebat and we might even be able to find a role for 76 as well if he's on the same page...

Just remember whose money is being frittered away on this venture of yours, Sco. If you're not going to get the best, don't waste a cent more of it, unless you fancy some free dental work...

In all seriousness we could go to the nearest insane asylum and pick out worthy candidates. Oh wait :eek:

I knew I'd seen him somewhere before! :eek:

I reckon Brumby would be a great candidate if he put his name forward. If there is no challenger of substance then Ed stays. If Scott from North is the best alternative for coach then Bucks stays. We don't make decisions based on pressure coming from media outlets like the Sun.

"The members are the people who decide whether we're going and if I ever thought I was going half rat power and I'd had enough of it, I'd be the first out the door, because I don't get paid to do this, I've got lots of things in my life."

Thanks for the laugh Eddie.
Champagne comedy, that.

I reckon Brumby would be a great candidate if he put his name forward. If there is no challenger of substance then Ed stays. If Scott from North is the best alternative for coach then Bucks stays. We don't make decisions based on pressure coming from media outlets like the Sun.
I think this was what Ed really meant to say the other day, just went a bit overboard.

I think this was what Ed really meant to say the other day, just went a bit overboard.

Yep, and I can't blame him for it, if I had guys like Robbo writing pieces about me with absolutely no integrity, I mean, with ill intent I'd go more than overboard.

I would be more than happy for Ed to stand down if say Brumby put his hand up, but that hasn't happened... so, he stays unfortunately because a change would be great!

The failure of the plan is more far reaching than just MM v Bux.
It's the reversal of the Dear Leaders statement back in the day, "no more jobs for the boys".
We were heavy in ex Collingwood players on the payroll back then.
Care to look at the payroll list today?
A complete reversal of that policy.
Unfortunately, most of those ex Pie players, and the other out of club appointments, have never tasted Premiership success.
Check the list.
Our failure of the last half decade is more than just Mm v Bux.
As a business owner with 16 staff myself I know that it's a lot easier to recruit internally than externally, infact we only recruit internally from our customer base as they understand our culture and values and we have the chance to conduct "job interviews" over the course of a couple of months or even years. It's cheap and safe but I can see that it doesnt always allow for the most innovative and diverse range of ideas - something you need in the competitive landscape of coaching and football.

Last edited:
People often refer to the handover agreement that Eddie orchestrated and point to its failure so far but what if Malthouse had stuck to his contract and worked with Bucks for 2 years to help his development. There is no doubt Simon Goodwin has benefitted from the working relationship structure Melbourne had in place. I think Eddie gets unfairly judged on this chapter when in actual fact there was a plan in place that never eventuated through no fault of his.

The transition deal became redundant after we won the flag in 2010. Eddie should have renegotiated with MM and Bucks to allow MM to remain head coach for one more season beyond 2011.

Imagine if a player such as Dane Swan announces his retirement early on in the season then hits a purple patch, plays out of his skin and ends up winning the Brownlow! Of course the club would welcome him back for another season.

History shows that Eddie, Perty and Buckley were all wrong to enforce that transition deal while our side was dominating the competition. That decision by those 3 individuals cost us the flag in 2011 and has given us 6 years of pathetic coaching and list management that the club will never get back.

The premiership side is long gone and Eddie, Perty and Bucks still have their jobs. It has been an unmitigated disaster and they should be held accountable.

Our club is becoming a joke and we will be the laughing stock of the AFL if there isn't a massive overhaul at the end of this year. There should be heads on sticks!

Last edited:
So it's clearly Ed's fault for orchestrating a plan that was never going to work.
"In a world of compromise...
Nobody wins"

The changeover was orchestrated by Ed to wart off Garry Perts equally ambitious manouvour of sacking Mick and bringing in his mate Bucks straight after Collingwood Preliminary final loss in 2009.

So yes..Ed is to blame for instigating the succession plan.
But hey...we did snag one Grand Final in 2010...
..and from what I've seen of Nathan. I just don't think that we would have won That Premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ThatsGold for player development... and wellbeing. Gimpy for treasurer; he can manage all the gorillas the club makes.

Last edited:
The changeover was orchestrated by Ed to wart off Garry Perts equally ambitious manouvour of sacking Mick and bringing in his mate Bucks straight after Collingwood Preliminary final loss in 2009.

First I'm hearing this and it makes total sense if true.

I will make you my buttler.
My father was a butler,
His father was a butler

• He was a gentleman's gentleman.....
Frasier: that's very good
Butler: it's one of my staples

(From the Frasier episode, Taking Liberties, guest star Victor Garber, brilliant episode. Where Niles tells off Mel and finally is free of her.)

My father was a butler,
His father was a butler

• He was a gentleman's gentleman.....
Frasier: that's very good
Butler: it's one of my staples

(From the Frasier episode, Taking Liberties, guest star Victor Garber, brilliant episode. Where Niles tells off Mel and finally is free of her.)

I've never watched an episode. Frasier looks like your typical dh. It's rare I find any comedians funny to be honest. I don't mind the comedy lounge in Nth Melb though. Sitcoms like Frazier Seinfeld etc bored the living shit out of me.

I think Slobbo is being instructed by the AFL to play the whipping boy for McGuire to launch into so as that he can gain credibility as Collingwood president and gain the trust of CFC members again.

NO Gimp NO, Slobbo is a parasite with no intelligence who is a rabid attack dog for his masters and is encouraged to slam us
Remember he works for a company that
1. convicted of phone tapping
2 accused of political manipulation world wide and detested for same
3 its owner has benefitted from the ILLEGAL occupation of the WEST BANK and the persecution of its original inhabitants.
so are you really suprised that were suddenly on FOXTEL every week instead of Free to air, bagged on his shows and slammed in his papers. I'm not

Blah blah blah we are struggling becaus
How many yrs was Kennet coaching? No where near 20.

I saw that we are now opening up our gym and facilities to the public for use.

I mean.. how many pies does Ed want to stick his finger in.

Well look at our players! Its pretty obvious they don't touch the weights so it makes sense to try and get some use out of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumped Eddie adamant he will lead club through a rebuild

Back