Eddie can you please have a chat to Huddo

Remove this Banner Ad

catta29 said:
It may be a prerequisite of the job but many don't adhere to it. Being an eagles fan you may wish to pass this on to Mr Gossage, Wilson and anyone involved with 6PR. An unbiased call is always provided by them :cool:

I'd say bias is only present, when a commentator argues that a correct decision made by the umpire, should have gone in his team's favour. The fact that a commentator knows a bit more about his own team doesn't mean he should refrain from making comments about them.

I mean, I enjoy watching footy, but no one's got time to watch every single game of the year and know every opposition team inside out.

catta29 said:
It may be a prerequisite of the job but many don't adhere to it. Being an eagles fan you may wish to pass this on to Mr Gossage, Wilson and anyone involved with 6PR. An unbiased call is always provided by them :cool:

Wilson, yeah, he's a bit pro-Eagles. Or perhaps a lot pro-Eagles. But Gooseage? Never! He's a Saint through and through. Think he even comes from Melbourne originally.

On the topic, that was a very good call from Hudson there at the end of the game. He's grown on me as a commentator since he started, think he's probably the best commentator doing footy at the moment other than Commetti. Hopefully he'll be doing the GF.

Considering that my hands were shaking, I was impulsive and on edge during the game, and then on the verge of tears afterwards, I thought he did a simply exceptional job as a Geelong man - Blight too must have had a few feelings of deja vu. His work to simply stay straightfaced after the game was amazing - I couldnt've done it.

Death said:
I'd say bias is only present, when a commentator argues that a correct decision made by the umpire, should have gone in his team's favour. The fact that a commentator knows a bit more about his own team doesn't mean he should refrain from making comments about them.

I mean, I enjoy watching footy, but no one's got time to watch every single game of the year and know every opposition team inside out.

The umpiring example happens, which is pretty poor, either saying their team's player "could/should have been paid in the back/holding the ball but the umpire let it go" or the good old "the umpire's pulled one out to (opposition player)" as though it's inconceivable their team actually committed the offence.

I'd say it's also bias when a commentator:
- sounds more excited by their team's good play than that of the opposition
- calls their own players by nicknames and sometime forgets the names of the opposition
- gets very vocal when their team is going well but disappears from the commentary for a while when things turn against them
- generally calls one team's play differently from the other.

It's extremely annoying if you support the other team and embarrassing if you are neutral.

And good on Hudson for the other night. Except for throwing things at SOS - and wouldn't we all - he kept his cool remarkably well, and didn't let anything show during the commentary itself.

Thought it was a pretty average coverage by Ch 10 on Friday night. Silvagni is putrid as a commentator. Says nothing of value and his voice is annoying. Christian only just goes as a commentator, Blighty is a bit too cynical but enjoyable to listen to, and Huddo was a bit biased towards Geelong on the coverage. The camera work was average (sydney cameramen?) and the game was terrible apart from the last 15 minutes. Makes you appreciate how good the Friday night coverage in the home and away season is, when you have to watch the Channel 10 B team go round. And how does Silvagni get a gig in the #1 team on GF day? A joke.

harry 0 said:
Thought it was a pretty average coverage by Ch 10 on Friday night.

Commentators were not helped by the fact that it was probably the worst game to watch since I don't know when. Flooding on a small wet ground, playing the boundaries constantly, dropped marks, terrible kicking for goal (Nick Davis excepted). I'm glad I didn't have to try to make it sound interesting to watch. Lots of neutral supporters I know fell asleep, turned the TV off or just left it switched over to the cricket instead of flicking.

Lucky for AFL up north that the rugby finished just as this game got worth watching.

Funkalicous said:
"I see it but I don't believe it!!" That one made me laugh. :D

lol that was a good remark to make. Very funny. He is the only good thing about Channel 10. Such a shame Stephen qtrs has told Hudson he is not needed for the Grand final as Stephen wants to be the only caller on the day :thumbsdown:

If Ed could lend Huddo about 3 of his chins they'd both be a lot better off.

JUBJUB said:
It's not just ch10s Sydney Cameramen.They all seem to be 2 seconds behind the play.

True. It was funny how Ch9 showed the Biglands-Pickett incident in full on Sunday but Ch 10 just showed us the back of some player not involved on the night. Budget coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie can you please have a chat to Huddo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back