Play Nice Eddie McGuire comments on holding Caro Wilson underwater

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't read 44 pages but IMO it is all about diluting Eddies power and his continuing stance on the Northern Academies through the AFL mouthpiece Caro.

It is as simple as that

He's sharp, but he gets in an blokey environment and forgets himself. And all the sycophants who hang onto him giving him a veneer of credibility and excusing his inane comments only feed the ego.

Yes, exactly what I was saying before. Eddie has an aura and these other blokes seems to want that aura to rub off on them somehow.

When I think of Eddie and JB/Spud/Robbo I always think of this:

It's boring to get outraged over a nothing incident.

Nobody cared when Daniher joked about pushing Eddie under the water.

Why the double standards?

What has DT got to do with anything? All that does is paint you as a left wing stooge.
Haha ...
Are we living in the 50s? Do we still have reds under the beds and left wing stooges??

I thought they went with McCarthy.

Men suffer the most violence, do you want the homicide statistics to prove it?

You're talking about domestic violence, this non issue has nothing to do with DV.

How do you not get that?
What? Of course it does. Just because the setting was not within a home? The language was incredibly violent. Jesus this whole thing is so disheartening.

The distasteful thing is surely the 'ganging up' and joking about an auction to be the one to 'hold her under'

Theres an apology, but SURELY the apology would be more genuine if these guys ACTUALLY donated the sums of money they were talking about, and this year not next, its not Collingwood making the finals.

I'm sure Eddie, with PR support has thought of this, but decided no to put his money where his mouth is

My wife is english. And i don't hold back.
But i know her and she knows I'm riling her up.
And i know that.

I have friends from all parts of Asia who love to joke about themselves being asian. Its quite funny and i will toe the line of respect should i choose to engage with them (they do make good whitey jokes too).

I have mates who are gay (both genders) in the same boat.

We know each other, we take the piss. Its fun and it comes from a place of respect and friendliness.
Do you legitimately believe that Eddie, JB, Frawley and Shaw joked about this from a place of respect for Caro?
That it was a bit of banter about one of their mates?

Compared to what Trump is saying about Hilary currently...it's just banter, but in Australia you cannot say anything at all anymore, no matter what the context. Eddie has nothing on the Trumpinator:

"Fat Pig". "Dog". "Slob". "Disgusting animal".

These are just some of the names that Donald Trump has called women over the years. Yes, a man who's hoping to become President of the United States and presumably persuade a few women to vote for him, too.

In Australia we go berserk over a crack about an Ice pool slide? Fair dinkum, I need a nurse to take care of me, can i say that? Is that allowed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, I honestly hate Eddie and James, I dont even know who the bigger flog is, they're both that bad.....are you one of those lefties trying to shut down free speech?

Free speech doesn't give you carte blanche to bully and abuse people, especially in a public forum. It's too obvious these days anytime some boofhead says something inappropriate there's a chorus of morons willing to support them and complain about "political correctness run amok" TM.

Uhm ...
One woman a week is killed by domestic violence? Is that enough research?
Did you actually read your post, then read the response?

You said Men are the majority perpetrators of bullying. I said that studies suggest it depends on the type of bullying. They're actually very interesting reading

Jesus, the perpetually offended are so quick to want to try and shout people down

Yeah.
And Eddie is Chester dancing around trying to stay relevant.

Well at the end of that cartoon the roles are reversed, so I guess if Eddie cops a little heat, he might latch on to others to try to grab back that knockabout bloke credibility.

So we want to treat her equally in the industry, yet treat her differently at the same time?

Okay

Why target her over say, Robbo, who wrote an article accusing a quarter of the Pies being on drugs earlier this year? He'd never make a comment in the same vein against a male journalist and you know it. The other boofheads are just more uneducated swill pandering to the lowest common denominator.

Last edited:
Compared to what Trump is saying about Hilary currently...it's just banter, but in Australia you cannot say anything at all anymore, no matter what the context. Eddie has nothing on the Trumpinator:

These are just some of the names that Donald Trump has called women over the years. Yes, a man who's hoping to become President of the United States and presumably persuade a few women to vote for him, too.

In Australia we go berserk over a crack about an Ice pool slide? Fair dinkum, I need a nurse to take care of me, can i say that? Is that allowed?
I suspect Caro would have preferred being call a fat pig to having a bunch of blokes joking about murdering her.

Women do fear these things.

Strange I know since only one woman a week dies from domestic violence, but it does happen.

Literally half of that country is up in arms when Trump does it and it is played on a loop on multiple networks.

Hey, he might have killed that person but he is nothing on Charles Manson. I'm not sure of the relevance of the comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Eddie McGuire comments on holding Caro Wilson underwater

Remove this Banner Ad

Back