Eddie McGuire has killed the father son rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it weird that before I finished reading the thread title I had Eddie McGuire has killed a hooker in my head?

1307243420747.jpg

Keeping up your your usual form line with yet another Pathetic & childish response to a post you don't like. Suffering Fools is not my strongest quality.

End dialog.
And yet like a fool you follow a propped up team with manufactured success (the AFL even admitted it cannot afford to let you drop down the ladder, what does that tell you?)

But I'm glad you ended your diatribe!

I so love the pain the Lions supporters are in and Sydney also for that matter.
Is it strange that most of the hate is coming from the Northern state supporters?
Brisbane were gifted 3 premierships from the AFL, then it was Sydney's turn, though they were not good enough to make the most of it while it lasted.
You are aware that there are other clubs in the AFL and as much as the AFL Head Office cares about making your teams popular, so as they can get some bandwagon followers from the rugby to come and full a seat or two, if it wasn't for TV rights, your teams would be irrelevant.

I so love the pain the Lions supporters are in and Sydney also for that matter.
Is it strange that most of the hate is coming from the Northern state supporters?
Brisbane were gifted 3 premierships from the AFL, then it was Sydney's turn, though they were not good enough to make the most of it while it lasted.
You are aware that there are other clubs in the AFL and as much as the AFL Head Office cares about making your teams popular, so as they can get some bandwagon followers from the rugby to come and full a seat or two, if it wasn't for TV rights, your teams would be irrelevant.

It doesn't matter how well Collingwood drafted over the last few years.

You have Buckley as coach!

Pray to God Eddie doesn't sign his secret lover for another contract!

Exactamundo!

We wanted a second round pick so we could trade ours for Elliot Yeo and stay in.

We wanted Dom Sheed who was expected to last to about pick 10 or so.

We had good will for giving Collingwood the pick that got them Brodie Grundy for taking Sharrod off their hands, who at the time had been useless for us.

Collingwood get a shot at Scharenberg for giving up pick 31 and (allegedly) agreeing not to take Sheed.

Win for both parties.

It doesn't matter how well Collingwood drafted over the last few years.

You have Buckley as coach!

Pray to God Eddie doesn't sign his secret lover for another contract!
Actually I hope he does. He built the list, now lets see what he can do with it. If in three years we are not fighting it out deep into September, then yep I will agree, let him go.
But with all the list changes, doesn't he deserve a chance to show whether it worked or not?
Or is this just another cheap shot at a Collingwood legend because you hate the club and cannot come up with a real point on the subject.

Eddie is an pretentious douchebag with a sole purpose of destroying anything that could be considered a disadvantage to collingwood. He goes around to contracted players and future draftees offering them secret deals to join collingwood, then goes on a public outcry that Northern State teams have some sort of advantage. He is a complete contradiction of himself and the only thing that is bigger than his mouth is his gut. Will be a glorious day when he is finally out of the AFL sphere.
When I met Eddie he was very nice and polite, a true gentlemen. I also hear he is a tremendous family man as well.

Actually I hope he does. He built the list, now lets see what he can do with it. If in three years we are not fighting it out deep into September, then yep I will agree, let him go.
But with all the list changes, doesn't he deserve a chance to show whether it worked or not?
Or is this just another cheap shot at a Collingwood legend because you hate the club and cannot come up with a real point on the subject.

No!
He signed Jesse White!
Should have been sacked then!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eddie is an pretentious douchebag with a sole purpose of destroying anything that could be considered a disadvantage to collingwood. He goes around to contracted players and future draftees offering them secret deals to join collingwood, then goes on a public outcry that Northern State teams have some sort of advantage. He is a complete contradiction of himself and the only thing that is bigger than his mouth is his gut. Will be a glorious day when he is finally out of the AFL sphere.

Ya reckon Brisbane might have done the same thing with Beams? Glasshouses and stones..

The arbitrary allocation of value of draft picks has made the F/S and Academy system a rort

Clubs like Sydney and GWS will be doing pick downgrades they never would have dreamed about in the past.

In recent years a genuine trade of picks for picks was Collingwood and WC. Pick 6 for 11 and 31.

That is how the market values it

Under the soviet system of points allocation WC gave up 1751 points and got back 1935...

2nd and 3rd round picks are terribly overrated. IMO this could be a bigger boon to northern states than COLA

Given the advantage clubs get by downgrading picks and uplifting points - the additional 25% discount is very very generous

Except the allocation of points isn't arbitrary. Of course the algorithms would be arbitrary to an extent but the point values certainly weren't decided on a whim.

I highly doubt that. If that fat fool does not get his guts stapled pronto the only thing he will be killing is himself.

What is it with you Sydney (and Brisbane) supporters and Eddie's weight? So many Collingwood-based threads feature posts about Eddie's weight "lol Eddie's fat", generally from Sydney and Brisbane supporters. I thought us Collingwood supporters were supposed to be the lowbrow ones, yet, here we are, while you insinuate that Eddie's going to kill himself without surgery. Nice one, you sure showed us, stay classy:thumbsu:

Eddie killed something he never attached and isn't dead?
Seriously, there are things Eddie can be criticised for but some people don't have a whole going on upstairs and can't see the forest for the trees with Eddie.

There are things that have killed the father-son rule, but, Eddie and Collingwood aren't them.

Bidding for father-sons generally has killed it in a way. Why should other clubs have a say in something that keeps tradition flowing? It is also a shame that there is imposed rule on games played by the father too, certainly one set so high.

It's a shame for example that Mark Weideman didn't play enough games for example, as I am sure his son would rather keep the family name flowing through the club into a 3rd generation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie McGuire has killed the father son rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back