EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
club is a rabble....should be a powerhouse of the edfl with almost no competition for juniors....enormous crowds... whats bernie shinners doing down there??

I agree!!!! 5 years ago the club was up and about, big crowds, big coterie group, lots of wives and girlfriends, great functions and a great club to be at.
NOW............... who knows what is going on, noticed on their website the looking for committee members. Maybe they should talk to their ex pres who took them out of the financial heap and into a respected club

Taylors Lakes have got Terry Knight along with A. Ramsay (both ex Doutta grand final Players) and us (oakers) the sleeping giant have added Vic Siciliano (ex Port Melb. & Vermont) and will slot in nicely to our group. Huge yr in a grade edfl 2011. Douttas gone!
Yes Doutta will struggle but as a few have said, the season hasn't started yet. Lets see how it stands at the half way mark, before we start writing anyone off just yet. !!!!:rolleyes:

club is a rabble....should be a powerhouse of the edfl with almost no competition for juniors....enormous crowds... whats bernie shinners doing down there??

Mate I done get on here and make uneducated and inane commentary as you do, as I said the first ball ball hasn't been bounced yet so lets wait and see after all teams have played each other. Terry Knight - yes good pick up for TL and on last years performance Ramsay will not have a huge impact in the comp - to slow!
Have you found that rock yet???

more drama at the burn,paul oneal to sit out the year he has been told he will not be cleared.dosent want to play under the current coach,when will this club wake up ,what is more important the players or the coach .coaches are everywhere,good players are very hard to find

Mate I done get on here and make uneducated and inane commentary as you do, as I said the first ball ball hasn't been bounced yet so lets wait and see after all teams have played each other. Terry Knight - yes good pick up for TL and on last years performance Ramsay will not have a huge impact in the comp - to slow!
Have you found that rock yet???

I grew up in craigieburn and am still in contact with a few blokes from there that I have played with am very qualified to make comments about that footy club

I grew up in craigieburn and am still in contact with a few blokes from there that I have played with am very qualified to make comments about that footy club
Unlike you I am actively involved with the club and DO have an idea how we are going, suggest you keep looking for that rock!!

Well if you know the situation then explain it. Don't just sit there and not back up on your claims debunk the rumors if you are "in the know"..... I and others are making judgements on the amount of players leaving the club plus what information is being found out.

Dont think there will be too many Crazyburn supporters following their club this year after the mass exodus of local lads. Massive chance of relegation by the looks of it....
I went to one game last year at high gate and there was no body there when all the local boys played there the ds aitken used to be packed biggest crowd in the edfl by a mile!!

I went to one game last year at high gate and there was no body there when all the local boys played there the ds aitken used to be packed biggest crowd in the edfl by a mile!!

I watched 3 or 4 of their games and there always seemed to be plenty of people watching. DS was in a terrible state and hardly fit for A grade footy.

I watched 3 or 4 of their games and there always seemed to be plenty of people watching. DS was in a terrible state and hardly fit for A grade footy.

Resurfaced and looking an absolute treat at the moment. Seen them cutting it with a cylinder mower last night so im tipping its couch.....

Top 4 will be same as last year, Greenvale, Marby, Keilor and Oak Park.

Order of placing will depends on injurys and a bit of luck when they play each other.

I heard wishpers of a big interstate signing at Greenvale has anyone else heard these whispers?

Doutta B Grade bound

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 4 will be same as last year, Greenvale, Marby, Keilor and Oak Park.

Order of placing will depends on injurys and a bit of luck when they play each other.

I heard wishpers of a big interstate signing at Greenvale has anyone else heard these whispers?

Doutta B Grade bound

Brendon Fevola?:D

where is Craigieburn playing there games this year, DS Aitken, Highgate or 50/50 at both grounds.

Not 100% sure but I believe most games will be played at DS with only a couple of games played at Highgate when there is a function on.

Interesting talk about Craigieburn made me go look at the clearences on EDFL website.

I found 21 players looking for a clearence I also found 21 looking to be cleared to Craigieburn that would indicate player numbers haven't changed. Also of interest was that it appears all players wanting to move on are going to B GRADE clubs. Can someone tell me why the EDFL A GRADE clubs aren't chasing these guys?

Maybe the other clubs don't rate them which would mean they can't take Craigieburn where they need to be anyway!

It is also interesting that a club that people are tipping to finish bottom 2 are creating so much interest! Maybe the lack of information coming from inside the club is making other clubs a little nervous! FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN maybe.

Interesting talk about Craigieburn made me go look at the clearences on EDFL website.

I found 21 players looking for a clearence I also found 21 looking to be cleared to Craigieburn that would indicate player numbers haven't changed. Also of interest was that it appears all players wanting to move on are going to B GRADE clubs. Can someone tell me why the EDFL A GRADE clubs aren't chasing these guys?

Maybe the other clubs don't rate them which would mean they can't take Craigieburn where they need to be anyway!

It is also interesting that a club that people are tipping to finish bottom 2 are creating so much interest! Maybe the lack of information coming from inside the club is making other clubs a little nervous! FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN maybe.

Maybe it just the players that are leaving dont want to play against there old club so are playing in second div, and when Barnard is gone everyone will come back.

Maybe it just the players that are leaving dont want to play against there old club so are playing in second div, and when Barnard is gone everyone will come back.

I think it shows what CFC is doing, and that is making it clear the Club comes before the individual, they are on the right track. All the players that have gone are replacable and have been.
Write CFC off at your own Peril this year, PB & the strong committee will prevail and the club is only getting stronger.
Why is everyone so against Barnard? Please be specific as from what I can tell he's been nothing but a positive influence

I have spoken to quite few people and the indications are most of ones leaving the club have had it their own way for along time and always wrote their own ticket into the ones Now they have to work for it and no certaintees to be selected the easy option is to go lower and continue to write their own ticket into a 1st grade somewhere.
As far as not wanting to play against their old club goes That really made me laugh. any footballer worth his salt would do all he could to prove his old club wrong by being the difference in games they play against them. And do they really think they can just walk back into a club they left and play in the ones. A lot of players to climb over to make that happen. A 1 year or 2 year absence will always see quite a few players rise well above those who leave any club and Craigieburn won't be any different I would expect. Players returning in 1 or 2 years may find themselves stuck in the twos. Only time will tell.
Bangfrom 50 I agree with you the club is always bigger than the individual and they do seem to be on the right track. I watched them train last week and what I saw was fairly impressive especially from some of the new recruits.

I have spoken to quite few people and the indications are most of ones leaving the club have had it their own way for along time and always wrote their own ticket into the ones Now they have to work for it and no certaintees to be selected the easy option is to go lower and continue to write their own ticket into a 1st grade somewhere.
As far as not wanting to play against their old club goes That really made me laugh. any footballer worth his salt would do all he could to prove his old club wrong by being the difference in games they play against them. And do they really think they can just walk back into a club they left and play in the ones. A lot of players to climb over to make that happen. A 1 year or 2 year absence will always see quite a few players rise well above those who leave any club and Craigieburn won't be any different I would expect. Players returning in 1 or 2 years may find themselves stuck in the twos. Only time will tell.
Bangfrom 50 I agree with you the club is always bigger than the individual and they do seem to be on the right track. I watched them train last week and what I saw was fairly impressive especially from some of the new recruits.
So you watched them last week and "the new recruits" were fairly impressive? What new recruits? There is only one new recruit at senior level - use to play for Greenvale and then went to Central Murray League and is now returning - another 30+ year old player. Majority of clearances to Craigieburn are Junior Players - if you check the leagues that they come from you will see that they are from Junior Comps. If you speak to the senior players who are actually leaving you will find that they are supporting their ex-captain - the way the captaincy was handled this year was appalling - to not tell the existing Captain or have discussions with him before telling the new Captain is just not on. I also have been down to training sessions and the numbers are appalling - full of U18s who are always keen at this year. Also the core players of the Reserves are leaving and going to the RDFL - I will be surprised if Craigieburn are able to field two sides - let alone a decent Senior side. So good luck Craigieburn - hope you can beat Taylors Lakes!!!!!

WOW with a dummy spit like that I think you should change your online name.
Only reporting what I saw. Just fortunate enough to be around with other club training venues being close by. And as far as the 18s go I know for a fact that they are only getting 7-8 U18s each night due to cricket committments so your info is fairly ordinary at best. Sour grapes don't make for great reading, move on guys. Or at least report facts not feelings.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the guys that have left craigieburn fc come back in a couple of seasons... if they do get relegated they will be back in A grade in no time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back