EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting Hulk!
Unfortunately your informer is a little off the mark.

He never reappeared at training once told he wasn't captain.

And that is from a very very good source with no reason what so ever to be bias.

I think you need to delve a little deeper with your information provider.

At the end of the day lets hope he has a good year and puts it all behind him.
Lets also hope that he doesn't regret his decision in years to come.

Sometimes decisions are made with heart and not head.
Yes he did mate, but thats not the issue here. No need to delve any deeper. Just telling it how it is.

Stuff em I say!!! All club executives are aware of the league affiliation cost's and that should be the first thing ticked off before you look at the cost of ya playing list.

Agree. Don't spend what you don't have.

Would never happen.... Imagine If a club like marby or keilor for example in div 3 against jacana or roxy park??

It wasn't to long ago that Marby were playing against clubs like Roxy... And getting smashed.

The two biggest offenders in the league are the A grade clubs Marby Park 40K plus and Douttas a similar figure the league has just about had enough other clubs who are behind the eight ball include Haddy and West Coburg all have been told that if they dont pay by round one there will be no points for them hence the leaks to the papers as part of the threat.
Which is how it should be for all clubs all the time.

The two biggest offenders in the league are the A grade clubs Marby Park 40K plus and Douttas a similar figure the league has just about had enough other clubs who are behind the eight ball include Haddy and West Coburg all have been told that if they dont pay by round one there will be no points for them hence the leaks to the papers as part of the threat.
What absolute dribble, you have not got a clue, simply unsubstantiated crap commentary. I am involved at Douttas and along with many positives things the Club does we pride ourselves in the fact that we pay our players and the league - on time, which I am sure Marby does also. Pity some others dont pay their way, about time some action/penalties were applied.

Cant wait for sunday week the best of the best comp should be a great day of local footy!

the day has recieved plenty of coverage including adds with kouta and the great matty pillios on SEN!

Gazza i cant agree more with you, even if you have gone to the Gold Coast Suns, Sunday week is going to be as massive as Brendan Fevola's debts. Hope you are all there to see me take out the beep test.
Matty Pillios the great man of the EDFL, i must say you have done a great job even if you are not running off the half back flank for Marby any more.

WEll heres what I know-
Captain Nolan sits down with coach and prez to be told he is no longer captain, ok then says Nolan I'd be happy to help groom one of the younger guys for the future of the club, who is it going to be?? Well its not one of the younger guys it actually Hall whos is 31 and only been at the club 1 year:confused::confused:. Oh well ok then Nolan trains next couple of night coach and prez dont speak to him at all:confused::confused:
Senior players that have left< off the t:confused:op of my head after a few beers:D Nolan yes 2nd div, to Pacco obviously on good coin but has played for unders for years, his old man apparently has ties there. Lots of other Div 1 players are there, the club obviously wants to be in Div 1 so I think players will stay there.
Couple of guys to Montmorency div 1 northern league.
2 or 3 to Glenroy where other mates already play These guys may be the ones that have "had it to easy for to long":confused: How:confused: by rocking up week in week out, helping get Craigieburn into div 1, training, participating socially with parents on the commitee and watching on while high priced recruits come and go!! Lance Whitnall leaves Lalor cause they wanted him there for pre-season so Barnard recruits him on decent money i would presume:confused: Paul Oneil want to go play down St Marys div 1 I think.
Yes Craigieburn is a proud club supported and mainly sponsored by Locals, thoose locals like to have as many as possible (not all) local kids playing in the side Sadly allot of good locals have left for more money over the years, because there form Craigieburn they dont deserve to be on decent coin apparently the big coin is saved for the Whitnalls, Christou's and a few others.
Alot of players are leaving and Barnard does want to change things up alot but with those leaving what happens on field? the only recruits I see are George Backoulas:confused: lol why would he play at Craigieburn doubt he will last the year and a few guys from the northern saints, are they any good I dont no??
Off the field well the players leaving did contribute alot socially along with parents and freinds. so does that see the club benifit financially?? The Bottom line is Barnard and Prez are cutting things back very thin, will it cost them a spot in Div 1? Will Barnard stay if they go back to Div 2 during this rebuild or will he bail? A very interesting year ahead.

Is it true Nolan left as he had a problem with Barnard's actions in the Hawthorn v Essendon "Line in the sand game...?

Yes he did mate, but thats not the issue here. No need to delve any deeper. Just telling it how it is.
Sorry Hulk but you are not correct
He did not return after being told and yes that is an issue. Part of the Craigieburn problem all round is a lot of the players have trouble with not getting their own way.

What absolute dribble, you have not got a clue, simply unsubstantiated crap commentary. I am involved at Douttas and along with many positives things the Club does we pride ourselves in the fact that we pay our players and the league - on time, which I am sure Marby does also. Pity some others dont pay their way, about time some action/penalties were applied.

Was also involved at board level for years and what upset us was Doutta Stars being financial to the league and other clubs owing thousands and thousands of $$$$$ and these were carried over year after year
but they could still pay players double the odds so really the league was contributing to the escalation in player costs by not enforcing their own rules

Yes odd move on hartigans behalf, however; He is good mates with a few of them down there, also rumour has it he will only be playing every second week due to work commitments..
Has several close mates down there and can't play every week due to work commitments down in Geelong, will be a very good get as on his day was one of the top handful of players running around last year.

He did not return after being told and yes that is an issue. Part of the Craigieburn problem all round is a lot of the players have trouble with not getting their own way.

Who gives a toss.... he's gone so lets move on..... i'm over it!
He is a top bloke and you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a bad word to say against him!
I'm quite good mates with Nugget and its comical the sh!t that gets spun on here! It was the way that Nugget was stood down that was the problem... not that fact that he was relieved of the captaincy... so unless you know the facts... pipe down.

Hally is a top player who has been at C'burn for a few years... He's hard at the ball and always keeps his head over it, im sure he will make a fine captain.

C'burn still have a swag of decent players along with some very handy young blokes looking to step up. I'm sure they will still be competitive with teams out side the top 4 (unless Barnard has recruited well without anyones knowledge?)

He is a top bloke and you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a bad word to say against him!
I'm quite good mates with Nugget and its comical the sh!t that gets spun on here! It was the way that Nugget was stood down that was the problem... not that fact that he was relieved of the captaincy... so unless you know the facts... pipe down.

Hally is a top player who has been at C'burn for a few years... He's hard at the ball and always keeps his head over it, im sure he will make a fine captain.

C'burn still have a swag of decent players along with some very handy young blokes looking to step up. I'm sure they will still be competitive with teams out side the top 4 (unless Barnard has recruited well without anyones knowledge?)
Sounds like your close to the inner sanctum down there. 1st person to say they have some talent left. Can you tell us more? Your last line about unknown recruits! What do you know/heard there? And as I said in an earlier post I hope Nolan has a good year or 2 at Pacco.

Do you know how many Craigieburn home grown players will be in their ones this year. From what I can tell about 12-14 which would put them on par with every other club I would say. It would be extremely hard for any club to be competetive in A GRADE by only using local talent wouldn't you agree?

I agree Roland will be a great capt saw him last yr and hes a tough cookie. Nolan was a top cpt and should kick 100 if plyd fwd all yr at the panfs! Fot those that dont know i remember standing behind a large lady 20+ stone at a pacco v oaks game 2 yrs ago and all day she kept yeling out whilst spitting dim sim skin over her man "cmon panfs!!!!! go panfs!!!!!" she was a funny lass and hopefully.....

Torpedo Torpedo Torpedo you are wrong my friend i know 100 per cent that he did train after being told because he rang me from the car park because he got there early he then came to my house after training and told me that nobody even spoke to him so i dont know where you get your info from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday boys just chasing a bit of info on a fella called Dylan Kane. Think he played at Doutta but not sure how long ago. Is about 22-23 I think

MELBOURNE'S FINEST FOOTBALLER!

As you know next weekend is the Boags Preseason Invitational and I would like to encourage clubs to register a player in their team to compete on March 6th.

The 3 different events are :
* 60 metre sprint
* beep test
* push up comp

Will be an AWESOME day!

Clearance ??
Yeah pretty sure he has put one in to play for the Towns Falcons in Broome. My mate is playing there and reckons this bloke looks alright. As I said earlier the standard in Broome is a fair bit below EDFL so he probably one to watch out for up here. Bit of rumour up here he was linked to Richmond and Coburg at some stage. Can anyone shed any light on that? Cheers.

I think his only links with Richmond and Coburg are that he may driven through there once.

Probably good for him to have a change of scenery. Good luck to him, he is still young and might enjoy his footy in a new environment.

Yeah pretty sure he has put one in to play for the Towns Falcons in Broome. My mate is playing there and reckons this bloke looks alright. As I said earlier the standard in Broome is a fair bit below EDFL so he probably one to watch out for up here. Bit of rumour up here he was linked to Richmond and Coburg at some stage. Can anyone shed any light on that? Cheers.
Off the top of my head may have done a preseason at Coburg..
Is a handy player but as others have mentioned is pretty arrogant.

I think you will Find Douttas have paid what is owed at the EDFL, as for other clubs, i am sure they are working on paying rather than handing out massive sign ons...

But i guess if a clud owed that much the EDFL, as they have stated on many occasions, would have not allowed them to play finals. But then again it is in the EDFL Constitution that if you dont have an under 18s side you have to go back to B Grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back