EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strathmore without a significant increase in personal from last year looked much fitter and the pressure they put on the ball carrier was immense, with 2 wins against predicted top 2 teams they could be smokies

Accurate summary. Strathmore do have a similar list to last year but had a few major injury concerns before a ball was kicked in 2010. Almost a full list on the park now and a very hard pre-season has them up. Jones has been a great addition and performed well in the two games so far. Still, its a long season...

This forum will soon have some tumble weeds rolling by its got so boring. So let's spark some much needed debate. After the hindsight of 2 rounds I will put forward my ladder prediction and my comp b & f.

1. Marbi - Absolutely awesome team with only weakness perhaps leg speed but that is a stretch.

2. Strathmore - Big pre-season and no injuries plus a couple of gun recruits and the Mores appear to be the real deal this year.

3. Greenvale - The close loss against Strathmore appears to be a minor hiccup on the way to another strong season.

4. Oakers - Tough start to season but deserve to be backed in after great last season.

5. Keilor - Be silly to write them off but perhaps not going to be their season with loss of ruckman and a few others. Will need M.James to play most games. Pask appears to be a very good recruit.

6. Abers - Recurited well and have won 2 games that you must win to compete with big boys but early signs are good.

7. Cragie - Great first up win but may not have much improvment from last year. Will win plenty of games with a very strong forward line and tough midfield.

8. Avondale - Bad loss at home to Douttas but bounced back well and Harding is by all reports dominating.

9. Douttas - Saw them live and it's fair to say they've got big problems. May have played their grand final in Round 1. Were missing some players which they will need if they are to win more games. Billy has them trying their guts out but they lack quality after losing 30 odd players from their list in 2010.

10. Taylors - Going to be tough but were competetive against Abers for a half. Got some very good players (no.3 and no.20) and will win games especially if both De Sousas play. If they can make their home ground a fortress they will stay up this year.

Comp b & f - Harding
Runner-up - Skipworth

Tough start so far for us but we should win our next 4. We play Aberfeldie, Keilor, Craigburn and Douttas over the next month.

Having been outclassed in a qtr against the reigning premier and just beaten last week the next month presents an easier run and we're confident of nocking them all over! 4 - 2 after 6 will be great.

Hollow, Bell and Laverde in round one showed me that MP is not short on leg speed! Looking forward to some of the blockbusters they will be playing in against Strathmore & Greenvale.

Couldn't agree more after seeing them first hand in ruined 1 and without at least 8 of the grand final team from last year showed how good the are. For mine it's Marbi<<<<<<<<daylight in 2011

This forum will soon have some tumble weeds rolling by its got so boring. So let's spark some much needed debate. After the hindsight of 2 rounds I will put forward my ladder prediction and my comp b & f.

Agree very quiet here lately.

1. Marbi
2. Strathmore
3. Oakers
4. Greenvale
5. Keilor
6. Aberfeldie
7. Avondale
8. Craigburn
9. Douttas
10. Taylors

Coleman
L. Whitnall (73 goals)

Comp B&F
Barry Brooks & Alex Glesson tied on 17 votes

Grand Final
Marbi v Oakers

Agree very quiet here lately.

1. Marbi
2. Strathmore
3. Oakers
4. Greenvale
5. Keilor
6. Aberfeldie
7. Avondale
8. Craigburn
9. Douttas
10. Taylors

Coleman
L. Whitnall (73 goals)

Comp B&F
Barry Brooks & Alex Glesson tied on 17 votes

Grand Final
Marbi v Oakers

Surely if your predictions are even close on the coleman and B&f the eagles win finish higher, especially considering Bakoulas will kick his fair share one would think

Just a reminder that EDFL match of the day is on North West FM 98.9 from 2-5pm tomorrow, Aberfeldie v Oak Park. Full around-the-ground scores at half time and full time.

You can interact with the commentary team on twitter, @edflfooty - send us scores and updates from your game.

Tough start so far for us but we should win our next 4. We play Aberfeldie, Keilor, Craigburn and Douttas over the next month.

Having been outclassed in a qtr against the reigning premier and just beaten last week the next month presents an easier run and we're confident of nocking them all over! 4 - 2 after 6 will be great.

That didn't go quite to plan hey champ?

Good game down Clifton Park today, ground was a treat with perfect conditions. Oakers really have to look at their disposal and decision making, costly is an understatement, robbed themselves of a game that they should have had in the bank come the last. Cannot question their commitment at getting the hardball but turnovers without opposition pressure lost them the points. Coaches on all lines need to work on their players skills and structures, if they get that right, they will win alot of games this season.:thumbsu:

Just seen the results in the paper, looks like all were very good competitive games and I would say A grade EDFL is in great shape.

Big game for us this week (douttas) against Abers it would seem that Abers are travelling quite well and we arent lol hey we arent that bad we are equal 5th,dont worry about the 80 odd percent we are behind as it means nothing :)

Anyway on a serious note now we had a heap of players out for saturdays game against greenvale,im not sure of the exact number but would estimate 8-10??? im sure someone can clarify anyway no excuses why we got flogged and if we have the same side against Abers we will struggle.Im not sure about who is back this week but it we are at full strength or close to ,it will be a ripper of a game in my opinion and i will give ourselves a chance to win :)

On another note and i know its early in the year but out of Greenvale and Marby i would say Marby is quite a bit better,havent seen the Mores though but from what ive seen Marby for three-peat,i guess that would have been predicted by many anyway :)

I know this is the A Grade thread but just had a look at the B grade ladder and Jacana have 8% and have had nearly 850 points kicked against them in 3 rounds thats really sad when you think of it,i havent watched any lower clubs play in B grade for quite some time but its sad to think there is that much of a gap :( Maybe with the three divisions it will sort it self out to a certain degree.

THE DREBSTER

All clubs just playing run forward footy this year with no defensive pressure.
Some high scoring games on the weekend. Will be good to watch a shoot out every week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anybody tell how Marc Lord is going? i was the game on saturday and yes it was a very good game of football looks like it is going to be a very close year.

The scary thing is that Marby are not yet at full strength, still have 4 or 5 that are not quite right yet but when they are they are going to take something special to bet them!

i have enjoyed marby being successful in A grade even though i`m not a marby person..... not an easy thing to do coming from B grade

The scary thing is that Marby are not yet at full strength, still have 4 or 5 that are not quite right yet but when they are they are going to take something special to bet them!
Marby are going along ok they have a lot of new players this year who are still getting to know each other plus a few to come back.

Should be a good chance to make it 3 in a row but we all know how hard that is to do.

That didn't go quite to plan hey champ?

No it didn't but your mob lost too so don't be to happy with u hey champ. Sat was a big let down given we were close to 5 goals up late in the 3rd and then Aber got back to under a kick, we then kicked 15pt clear and had enough chances to seal it but couldn.
Would say though that marbi are well clear given they've got half a team in at the moment and is it true former jockey Vin Caddy played in the seniors????:eek::eek:

No it didn't but your mob lost too so don't be to happy with u hey champ. Sat was a big let down given we were close to 5 goals up late in the 3rd and then Aber got back to under a kick, we then kicked 15pt clear and had enough chances to seal it but couldn.
Would say though that marbi are well clear given they've got half a team in at the moment and is it true former jockey Vin Caddy played in the seniors????:eek::eek:

Certainly is true, Vinny has actually played a couple now.
Maribyrnong Park
Goal Kickers: L. Buttiegieg 5, L. Livingston 5, H. Ayres 3, R. Crawford 2, V. Caddy 2,:) A. O''Hailpin 2, J. Laverde , K. McKenzie , B. Hollow , A. Gervasi , R. Ball , M. Boyd

Reminder to fans of all clubs that the commentary team on North West FM 98.9 match of the day can be contacted during the the call via twitter @edflfooty

This week's match is Strathmore v Maribyrnong Park - broadcast 2pm-5pm with around-the-grounds from all venues at half time and full time.

Here's the highlights from last week's match.

[YOUTUBE]oz9R2URmLVA[/YOUTUBE]

Marby by 13 pts after being up by 30 with 10 mins to go. And for a guy who has AFL experience, Ty Zantuck should have a real good look at himself. He was horrible today and probably cost his side 4 goals thru lack of discipline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back