EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a bit of an agenda on here against Keilor. As an Abers supporter I thought Keilor totally out worked us and we only got up through sheer luck and having a few more genuine stars.

I couldn't fault Keilor today, they have lost a few and have injuries and still ran extremely hard. We got out of jail and I fail to see how Keilors problem is anything more than a combination of losing blokes and injuries.

Keilor played alot of kids and first gamers who had a real crack, only going down from a kick after the siren. The Club unfortunately is decimated with injuries and unavaiabilities at present. Missing from yeserdays line up - Marcey, Garth, Pearce, Papalia, Clifton, Zarha, Gauci, Cooper to name a few.

Is there a bit of an agenda on here against Keilor. As an Abers supporter I thought Keilor totally out worked us and we only got up through sheer luck and having a few more genuine stars.

I couldn't fault Keilor today, they have lost a few and have injuries and still ran extremely hard. We got out of jail and I fail to see how Keilors problem is anything more than a combination of losing blokes and injuries.

Yeah spot on mate, Keilor ran hard all day and played a really disciplined game plan and were very unlucky. With Garth and co. they will be pretty hard to beat.

It was a great effort by a very young Abers team to not give up and somehow pinch it at the death. Last year, from memory, we didn't kick a goal in the second half at Keilor so we've come a long way. Michael in the ruck turned the game, and I thought our young players did really well in last quarter - Carland, Kennedy, Hutch, AJ, Shaw, Moloney...all only 18-20 years old!

Keilor played alot of kids and first gamers who had a real crack, only going down from a kick after the siren. The Club unfortunately is decimated with injuries and unavaiabilities at present. Missing from yeserdays line up - Marcey, Garth, Pearce, Papalia, Clifton, Zarha, Gauci, Cooper to name a few.

Add to this list Kyriakides, King, Young, Duncan, Raftopolous, Bramley. There is no doubt the club got off to a slow/bad start but the last two weeks have been excellent given the players available. Similar situation to Strathmore last season just couldn't get their best on the ground at the one time. Certainly Keilor will be tested for the remainder of the year.

It was great game of local footy with ex AFL stars on show.
Keilor played kids and some first gamers.
Interested in what kids did well and will be looked at for the future

Yeah spot on mate, Keilor ran hard all day and played a really disciplined game plan and were very unlucky. With Garth and co. they will be pretty hard to beat.

It was a great effort by a very young Abers team to not give up and somehow pinch it at the death. Last year, from memory, we didn't kick a goal in the second half at Keilor so we've come a long way. Michael in the ruck turned the game, and I thought our young players did really well in last quarter - Carland, Kennedy, Hutch, AJ, Shaw, Moloney...all only 18-20 years old!
Great to see both Keilor and Abers blooding some young 18 yr olds that have been with there respective clubs since the juniors - real grassroots stuff and what an excellent display they turned on - congrats to both clubs on a fantastic game.

Watched a half of there game today, from an outsiders point of view Keilor seem to have some major issues down there way. Let's not take anything away from abers, they have come long way and pick up some quality players in the off season.
Only early in the season as yet, but l think after today its safe to say finals is out of reach for Keilor.
Can anyone on here gives us some insight in to the dramas down there way and why it's happening to such a strong club??
Marty Pask - poor attitude and work rate constantly putting team mates down on big dollars and protected by Mc Guane.
Other players sick of it !!

Marty Pask - poor attitude and work rate constantly putting team mates down on big dollars and protected by Mc Guane.
Other players sick of it !!

Have heard Pask gets along better with 2's players more than the 1's.
It has been posted that Garth is heading OS during the year. Any truth to that?
Sounds like he likes being a big fish in a small pond, migth be time for Mick to step in and get the boy in line.

Add to this list Kyriakides, King, Young, Duncan, Raftopolous, Bramley. There is no doubt the club got off to a slow/bad start but the last two weeks have been excellent given the players available. Similar situation to Strathmore last season just couldn't get their best on the ground at the one time. Certainly Keilor will be tested for the remainder of the year.
Abers had plenty outs too.Edwards,johns,duggan,allen,kefford,pound,liddle,hicks plus kidsanyway it was a entertaining game of footy congrats both teams

Should be a big crowd down watching Abbers and Avondale with Aker having a run, and a few ex AFL players running around.

Should be a big crowd down watching Abbers and Avondale with Aker having a run, and a few ex AFL players running around.

From all reports Aker is apparently going to have a camera on him for the duration of the game, fearing he may be dealt with behind the play in some shape or form.
Should be an interesting game to watch with ex team mates going head to head. Great for local footy and there should be a huge crowd come Saturday.
Abers by 6 goals.

From all reports Aker is apparently going to have a camera on him for the duration of the game, fearing he may be dealt with behind the play in some shape or form.
Should be an interesting game to watch with ex team mates going head to head. Great for local footy and there should be a huge crowd come Saturday.
Abers by 6 goals.

Are Abers paying the reputed fee he is charging for services? And if so will Abers be charging/inflating prices to recoup the so called fee? Interesting if he actually gets a kick because this will be the highest level he has played at with his one man show?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Abers paying the reputed fee he is charging for services? And if so will Abers be charging/inflating prices to recoup the so called fee? Interesting if he actually gets a kick because this will be the highest level he has played at with his one man show?

has struggled to get a kick in lower level country league games .....wont get a sniff in A grade

harder for a club in the edfl to make their money back as we dont have gate entry to make the clubs money

has struggled to get a kick in lower level country league games .....wont get a sniff in A grade

harder for a club in the edfl to make their money back as we dont have gate entry to make the clubs money

Given the pre-match function is sold out I would suspect that the club won't have any trouble recouping his fee.

I played 4 years of cricket at Aberfeldie and am rapt that they have him for the one day. All the clubs he has been to they've ended up making shitloads of money, sponsors plus bar and food takings.

I wonder how if there will be tension between him and Chris Johnson.

Great get for the club to have someone like Aker play. He has impressed during the pre-season just with his attitude at training. What an experience for young players to run around with him.

Dont know about struggling to get a kick...he had 2 goals in no time in Abers pre-season game.

Also as a pies supporter I know all too well Aker loves playing in front of a big crowd so I have no doubt he will want to impress and will lift a gear.

Watch out for the handstand in front of the hill if Abers win.

I played 4 years of cricket at Aberfeldie and am rapt that they have him for the one day. All the clubs he has been to they've ended up making shitloads of money, sponsors plus bar and food takings.

I wonder how if there will be tension between him and Chris Johnson.
Chris "Sniper" Johnson will play his normal brand of football!!!!

Great get for the club to have someone like Aker play. He has impressed during the pre-season just with his attitude at training. What an experience for young players to run around with him.

Dont know about struggling to get a kick...he had 2 goals in no time in Abers pre-season game.

Also as a pies supporter I know all too well Aker loves playing in front of a big crowd so I have no doubt he will want to impress and will lift a gear.

Watch out for the handstand in front of the hill if Abers win.

Great get by Abers all power to them for thinking outside the box, just a pitty its not next week against marby as that would have been an extra side show to an already long awaited clash.:cool:

North West FM 98.9 match of the round is Aberfeldie v Avondale Heights from 2pm-5pm tomorrow. All the around-the-ground scores at half time and full time from A and B-grade.

Tweet the commentary team direct @edflfooty

Chris "Sniper" Johnson will play his normal brand of football!!!!

Since when was he ever a SNIPER? The bloke comes back to EDFL after an outstanding career in the AFL, and you brand him a sniper!! FFS leave the bloke alone. I'm sure when he is a hall of famer in the AFL you will still be another Internet SNIPER.

Since when was he ever a SNIPER? The bloke comes back to EDFL after an outstanding career in the AFL, and you brand him a sniper!! FFS leave the bloke alone. I'm sure when he is a hall of famer in the AFL you will still be another Internet SNIPER.
That's what I was wondering, he may have thrown his weight around at times but certainly never one to jump puddles..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back