EDFL "A" Grade - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know I potted that Teo clown for posting articles on here, but that's because the bloke was plugging his own work (sad) and secondly it is no good.

i know that as fact because he has interviewed my best mate and got his story completely wrong, mate was fuming. anyway i digress..

point is, this is well worth a read!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/marby-well-placed-for-flag-tilt/story-fn53klea-1226074930219

admittedly the writer has got my club finishing lower than we think, but well prove him wrong and its still a good summary.

i know I potted that Teo clown for posting articles on here, but that's because the bloke was plugging his own work (sad) and secondly it is no good.

i know that as fact because he has interviewed my best mate and got his story completely wrong, mate was fuming. anyway i digress..

point is, this is well worth a read!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/marby-well-placed-for-flag-tilt/story-fn53klea-1226074930219

admittedly the writer has got my club finishing lower than we think, but well prove him wrong and its still a good summary.

FWIW, Teo does a great job with the commentary on a Saturday, and if he puts his articles on here, then so what!

The guy obviously loves his footy, and as they say, any publicity is good publicity.

So what if your mate is misquoted! He plays local footy so he should be glad somebody actually wants to quote him. Maybe your mate should stop getting pats on the back and be glad that journos even give him the time of day.

Meanwhile you can sit with your mates tomorrow and tell them how bad a journo Teo is.

Marty Pask stitches, damaged eye socket & fractured checkbone. You have to wonder in this current modern day football what the F--k caused the brain snap for this to happen after the siren had sounded.

Marty Pask stitches, damaged eye socket & fractured checkbone. You have to wonder in this current modern day football what the F--k caused the brain snap for this to happen after the siren had sounded.

No matter the club or the player no one wants to see a player hurt badly, but so we get the story straight! when a player runs in and throws a punch at another player & misses he should expect a counter punch to be thrown! its called defending yourself!

No matter the club or the player no one wants to see a player hurt badly, but so we get the story straight! when a player runs in and throws a punch at another player & misses he should expect a counter punch to be thrown! its called defending yourself!

There's always going to be differing versions of what happened, the way I saw it, there was some pushing and shoving , they faced up in a show of strength, and Towner got the first one in and was sent off. (Needlless to say it was a big one)
The game was a cracker, both sides without some stars, and Keilor loosing Pask and Young before half time, the persistance and discipline to stick to their game plan got them the win. Holland - short of a gallop, but still nearly got them over the line in the last quarter.

Are criminal charges going to be laid, some pretty serious injuries there.
Maybe even a civil case for damages in this day and age.

There's always going to be differing versions of what happened, the way I saw it, there was some pushing and shoving , they faced up in a show of strength, and Towner got the first one in and was sent off. (Needlless to say it was a big one)
The game was a cracker, both sides without some stars, and Keilor loosing Pask and Young before half time, the persistance and discipline to stick to their game plan got them the win. Holland - short of a gallop, but still nearly got them over the line in the last quarter.

Were there any reports laid, surely there will be an EDFL investigation into the incident especially with such bad injuries - retaliation or not

yawn already the Marby players saying "nothing in it" "part of footy" and "should have expected it".

It's laughable it really is.

Abers on fire in actual football news

Ouch!

paskinjurycroppreview.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair hit, not the first time Towner has come from behind. Shit form, fair result.
Have a rest Towner, 4-6 I'm picking.

were u at the game clown! pask threw the first punch, im not for one secong condoning what happened but if your prepared to start something you have to be prepared to cop one. it certainly wasnt a king hit.

“On route to Epworth Hospital never been king hit behind play! Nice fractured eye socket to show for it... Thanks to the bloke with no talent,” Pask wrote.

good quote from pask considering he hadnt had any influence in the 1st qtr, was getting a touch up from a bloke with no talent!

“On route to Epworth Hospital never been king hit behind play! Nice fractured eye socket to show for it... Thanks to the bloke with no talent,” Pask wrote.
Not a good look for the league, Towner has earned himself a nice break.
I seem to remember Marby people talking tough about Rabee.. What a difference a couple of weeks makes.:eek:

were u at the game clown! pask threw the first punch, im not for one secong condoning what happened but if your prepared to start something you have to be prepared to cop one. it certainly wasnt a king hit.

Your logic isn't working to well is it?!
To defend yourself or protect yourself doesn't mean you break someones cheekbone and incur injuries to someone that requires medical treatment and a stint in hospital.
Like it or not the evidence lays highly against Towner and compelling to say the least.
A holiday will be required. :eek:

To defend yourself or protect yourself doesn't mean you break someones cheekbone and incur injuries to someone that requires medical treatment and a stint in hospital.
Like it or not the evidence lays highly against Towner and compelling to say to say the least.

i never once said i condoned what happened and i agree he will get a holiday but for pask to say he was king hit by a bloke with no talent is complete rubbish, he was hit front on and he threw the first punch!

i never once said i condoned what happened and i agree he will get a holiday but for pask to say he was king hit by a bloke with no talent is complete rubbish, he was hit front on and he threw the first punch!
Correct on one count, incorrect on the other.
It was not a king hit, however there was only one thrown the rest was pushing and facing up.
What he did to Papalia last year - now that was a king hit.

Correct on one count, incorrect on the other.
It was not a king hit, however there was only one thrown the rest was pushing and facing up.
What he did to Papalia last year - now that was a king hit.

i have no idea what happened last year with papilia! but i will stand
by what i saw and that was pask threw the first punch!

i have no idea what happened last year with papilia! but i will stand
by what i saw and that was pask threw the first punch!

What a disgrace to put a photo of the guy on this site :mad: and that people have already got the pitch forks out :mad: someone in control of this site sould kick the people resposible for placing it on here off for good!:mad: I will stand by what I said earlier if you throw a punch at someone & miss then you should expect a counter punch! and people saying its was a king hit truely didnt see the incident!!!!!!

what is towners report card like ? hope he is not up near Brodies count and may have to stand out for a little while.

The League won't be happy with the publicity this has and will attract and should react savagely (8+ weeks)...

The comments by Pask don't help the reputation of the league either and demonstrate a lack of respect for the EDFL in general (ie player with no talent)

I assume there will be video evidence ????

What a disgrace to put a photo of the guy on this site :mad: and that people have already got the pitch forks out :mad: someone in control of this site sould kick the people resposible for placing it on here off for good!:mad: !

That would be I.

The photo was posted by Pask himself on his Twitter account. As an ex-mod of this site I don't see an issue with it but the mods are welcome to remove it.

The quote was also correctly attributed to Pask.

The whole incident is not a good look...

Like it or not the evidence lays highly against Towner and compelling to say the least.

Is it like when you pretend to be a Police officer...?
Please dont tell me you have become lawyer now, get back under that stone where you belong.
If you throw a punch you have the right to protect yourself, sure he will get weeks but take into the account why the punch was thrown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back