EDFL Div 1 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not worth going over again - EDFL have wiped their hands with it and wont change their decision.

EK will bounce back this weekend (under the 47 points) and comfortably account for Tullamarine

Dont think there has been any mention of Daniel Kerr playing for TL this weekend

Spot on brother!

Please. It was definitely a push in the back against Church in the last quarter if you are looking at it fairly. Church never complained, SO correct call.

3 umpires and they definitely controlled the game but if you were a Westy supporter I wouldn’t be complaining if you knew the free kick count and 50 mt count.

Hillside deserved the win as they were definitely the best side but Westy nearly won it. Hillside back 6 held firm,

Westy very slow and top heavy, Hillside exposed them in first half. The WC recruits are a waste of money imo.

I was at the game today HS were fantastic in the first half they play the ground very well west had the chance to win in the last quarter kicking 3,8 but that's no excuse HS derseve the win and can you tell me why the WC boys are not worth the money have you seen them play enough to Judge them go and ask the west meadows people and they will tell you if they worth the money or not

Plenty of depth mate

Ok might have good depth but 8 out is a bit different to 10-12. But get ya point .
Maybe reflects the score with oak park getting within 10 goals .
Big game next week with EK. How many come back for that game and can you bring them all back if they play ??

Yeah Omar saad 30 goal season so far huge waste of money 😂😂
Also bit harsh they are playing during Ramadan... can’t eat or drink during the day...
could you get through a game without 30 meat pies?

Personally prefer the home made pies and can’t eat 30. Msybe 4?? 😂

Just my opinion as they looked a bit slow on the big ground. I’m not sure the recruitment of big Moody is of value. Made a few errors ( like most big blokes) but doesn’t do much other than a big body at the centre bounce. Game gone past him but his pretty old these days.

Lots of 50mt penalty’s and 3 to Westy in the last could have turned the game. 3 umpires bit different than the usual 2!!

I agree Castello and Church were very good. Castello is a class above and good 4 quarter game. Church 4 goals were good especially the left foot snap in the last. But Hillside played man on man and didn’t play a loose back and got over the line.

Hillside’s 2 ruckman were very good all game and there young kids were full of run. To win without Coletta and Volpato was a bonus but agree both sides had a few outs.

Was spot on with Westy dropping games after a big win and got to see a good hit out of Tulla vs EK today.

Josh Grabowski is a jet and would be one of the best going around in the division.

It looked like EK were going to pull off a win half way through the 3rd quarter before Prestia absolutely tore the game apart.

Now I don't want to be too harsh on blokes on here but please give it a rest that D.Hill is one of the top players running around. He is top 3 in the comp on the Bench Press but that'd be about it. Had zero influence on the game except attempting to spoil in the last quarter in EK defence by punching the ball in board 20m for an easy Tulla goal to seal the match.

Tulla seemed to conceed goals easier than in previous years but still one of the best defensive sides in the comp.
And after conceding 35 goals (57 scoring shots) in past 2 weeks I think the spruiking of EK defense can be put to rest too.

42 point defeat. Since playing within the rules they have lost all games. Surely the EDFL and Mr Webb has egg on there faces big time now..And it’s downright embarrassing.

CB and Tulla will be 1 & 2. Now seems 3 teams fighting for 3 & 4 spots with HS beating Westy..Ummmm

F05837FB-A626-47D0-AD2D-CE53BAA847B5.png

Last edited:
Ek still licking their wounds and taking in what Tulla did. It was a stunning individual effort by Prestia that as has been said, changed the game.
I know that even Tulla fans were pretty well resigned to defeat with less than 10 minutes to go in the third and EK three kicks up ,kicking with the breeze (which did die down) in the last quarter. It had been scoring end all day as is normal there.

Losing Lyons again at about the same time really hurt them and this reliance on him is a worry. He was killing it when injured again.
Philpott had no influence . That was defining. Jye King tried very hard but the Tulla big boys were too good and too strong .Findlay in particular.
Lucas with his 4 goals was a real positive for EK in his first game and Ben Caluzzi continued his fine season.
There will need to be more changes this week. Cooper Perry outstanding in the reserves , Celantano very good too.

3 umpires v 2 in div1 footy.

-Creates a much faster game.
-Less or little holding and jumper grabbing.
-Little to no spotfires or push & shoves
-More marks.
-More frees paid for pushing in marking contests.
-Less players injured as it’s a cleaner free flowing game.
-More 50 mt penalties as umpires more closer to the play.. Teams will have to watch this.

Yes umpires still made mistakes but that’s footy. So do players..

Just my observation..

Ek still licking their wounds and taking in what Tulla did. It was a stunning individual effort by Prestia that as has been said, changed the game.
I know that even Tulla fans were pretty well resigned to defeat with less than 10 minutes to go in the third and EK three kicks up ,kicking with the breeze (which did die down) in the last quarter. It had been scoring end all day as is normal there.

Losing Lyons again at about the same time really hurt them and this reliance on him is a worry. He was killing it when injured again.
Philpott had no influence . That was defining. Jye King tried very hard but the Tulla big boys were too good and too strong .Findlay in particular.
Lucas with his 4 goals was a real positive for EK in his first game and Ben Caluzzi continued his fine season.
There will need to be more changes this week. Cooper Perry outstanding in the reserves , Celantano very good too.

I think div1 has got faster this season and “more” teams willing to play younger kids from 19s than other seasons. So In the case of Phillpot and these types of bigger guys they are struggling this season compared to others..

Lyons is a very influential player in the games I’ve seen. Bit of a leader on the ground as well who directs traffic. Strong, skilful and covers the ground, which is an unusual type of player in this comp. Gun player of this division.

Noticing lots of changes every week, injury related or still trying to find his best 22??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Went out to watch Hillside and Westy yesterday and could not believe the abuse Church gives to his players,just like a little kid

Kick it to me
Kick it to me

Went out to watch Hillside and Westy yesterday and could not believe the abuse Church gives to his players,just like a little kid

Kick it to me
Kick it to me

Ha Ha Ha Ha does not sound like u were at the game at all. He instructed once in last 10 mins about kickin it to his advantage side. Every game this yr i have only heard him encourage the young blokes during play and is constructive in huddles. This was no different. It was far from abuse. Mayb u need to look it up the meaning in dictionary b4 pottin him. He isn't VC for being a abuser. Sound like u have it in for him? We only like facts on here. Moving along ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Noticing lots of changes every week, injury related or still trying to find his best 22??

I think very much still trying to find best 22. The coach has had to look at over 70 players , most of whom he has never seen before pre season.Very difficult.
I feel there is much upside as this group gells together and it becomes settled in the second half of the season. EK still very much in the hunt and will be another very big week for them this week at home v Craigeburn.
Almost a must win game.

Kick it to me
Kick it to me
I have heard other key forwards giving similar directions and you would be disappointed if he did not give instructions when the game was on the line sounds like you have bone to grind with him

Rumour. David Connell will be appointed for another year. Also a major job at tulla beyond coaching years. Very strong rumour

Who cares he ruined the Westmeadows culture let him ruin ours at Tulla also - we don’t have a strong junior program and one day we will only be a women’s club
Been there for years and sad to see we can’t get players for u17s or u19s is a disgrace

Who cares he ruined the Westmeadows culture let him ruin ours at Tulla also - we don’t have a strong junior program and one day we will only be a women’s club
Been there for years and sad to see we can’t get players for u17s or u19s is a disgrace

A true Tulla person wouldn’t know anything about Westy culture....

And isn’t the Tulla U19’s on top of ladder? But has no players?

Don’t pretend to be a Tulla fan pal

Ha Ha Ha Ha does not sound like u were at the game at all. He instructed once in last 10 mins about kickin it to his advantage side. Every game this yr i have only heard him encourage the young blokes during play and is constructive in huddles. This was no different. It was far from abuse. Mayb u need to look it up the meaning in dictionary b4 pottin him. He isn't VC for being a abuser. Sound like u have it in for him? We only like facts on here. Moving along ....
Do a spell check so that I can interpret that dribble

Your last post you mention something about only dealing in facts 🤣🤣🤣.
Looks like you’ve stepped in your own BS with that comment.
If you want to disguise yourself as a Tullamarine supporter you may need to pop into the dentist first for some repairs.

Tulla go out and rape other clubs u19’s, offer them the world and give them nothing. **** form from a president that is the coach going out and poaching underage kids

I think those boys all have jobs due to the under 19s coach. Only person that gives back to a community. If your not up to that standard then don’t speak. I am actually wanting him to come to our club as we have many young kids needing help and he has proven that time and time again.
Don’t get bitter get better twat.

Anyway back to some good and positive comments not like the other losers.
I think it’s great that DC has the respect at the demons , I have watched 4 games this year and I can see the playing group play hard for him and the members speak highly about him. This is what clubs need to move forward and be good clubs.
I hope he goes on and gets his rewards as coach.
As for the president and under 19s coach , he is a mad bastard and has a hard background , but shit he can coach. You see around 10 of his company cars there and all young men driving them. What ever he is doing must work. Will go for him next season to our club.

I think those boys all have jobs due to the under 19s coach. Only person that gives back to a community. If your not up to that standard then don’t speak. I am actually wanting him to come to our club as we have many young kids needing help and he has proven that time and time again.
Don’t get bitter get better twat.

Only person that gives to the community come on, he is a business owner and that works for him, good on him but stop harassing kids to leave their home clubs

Only person that gives to the community come on, he is a business owner and that works for him, good on him but stop harassing kids to leave their home clubs

You have no clue about the bloke obviously. He doesn’t own the business , he doesn’t care about the fifty side he helps the kids that struggle in life. If that’s such a bad thing then your certainly a poor human.
He has not recruited players , from what I see and know , his players are all mate through other forms. They all connect. Last year he coached the 19s and finished last and had 16 player. So again your comments come from having no real idea about him.
Anyway maybe you should tell this to him direct , he has a bad history and not many would confront him.
As I said previously , I will work hard on getting him to our club. It’s not a bad thing to finally see a club work on their kids. Maybe all clubs should work harder to keep the 19s going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back