EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, It takes two to tango. If anyone thinks St Albans going to cop it and Hillside gets off Scott free you are dreaming. Both clubs going to cop it and because it’s a new club involved both will be made an example of.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty
Stop playing the victim mate…. Both your clubs were fighting. Both ur clubs had people storm the field and reports are hillside supporters were first.

You are a very one eyed supporter turbo. How do you need more explaining. League CANNOT let a new club come in and be involved in a all in melee. They need to be made an example of. However a melee requires 2 parties and both are equally at fault, I’ve seen footage that I can’t post here because it’s too big to send…. and they both should be punished hillside fans and players are not innocent in the matter mate.
League has all the footage anyway from the game recordings

Good conduct or not is irrelevant, something like this should be a 0 tolerance attitude.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Stop getting involved in something you know nothing about jog on Jimmy.

Can we get serious for a while and forget the push me , push you conversation. When will the Presidents stand up to the EDFL regarding some of the ridiculous decisions they have made over the past 3 or so years . Why are we including clubs into our competition that we know are trouble and go out of their way to do the wrong thing . We already have our own clubs doing that , so why import more .
The Presidents have the power if they take off their " club hat " off and do whats best for the league .
Strong leadership hasnt come from this board so maybe its up to our clubs . Demand change if thats what you want other than that log off

Last edited:
Lets start a list of the stupidity of this board
1. Inclusion of WRFL clubs
2. Handing out Premierships during Covid
3. Letting clubs become unfinancial within the competition without penalty
4. Losing Rowan Sawyers from lack of support from the board
5. No tribunal results on webpage
6. No player point tallies for each weeks games
7. Minimal penalties for salary caps breaches
8. Allowing Premier Division clubs the ability to have their U18 sides ruin the Div 1 competition
Just a small selection of points I can throw together
And the clubs put up with it .
Please join in

Have to agree with Turbo on this one. Hillside have always been a good club to deal with and have a good reputation.
All the video footage I have seen shows St Albans at fault and Hillside merely defending themselves. I'm not sure what else they were meant to do. Other clubs will not be happy if Hillside get punished as well as it could just as easily have been them through no fault of their own.

Rough footage. The HS fella did well to sort of restrain himself from ending the little bloke who grabbed him. Just all around a terrible look.

Loved the footage of the bloke telling Charlie to get his ferals out of here. Didn’t the fight start in front of SA bench and the SA players and crowd follow Hillside as they retreated towards their bench?
Moving forward….
What is the penalty, that will send a message and hopefully lessen the chance of this happening again?
Be realistic..

Loved the footage of the bloke telling Charlie to get his ferals out of here. Didn’t the fight start in front of SA bench and the SA players and crowd follow Hillside as they retreated towards their bench?
Spot on and that guy I believe is the the SA president. He was more adding fuel to the fire and mor worried about attacking the HS coach who was at the time preparing for the 4th Qrt

Obviously we don't have all the footage and I'm sure both clubs with get a kick in the arse but from the footage available on the news and more I've seen personally it looks like SA were just itching for fight and to get to certain players.
100% agree, from Hillside it was just another game. From the 10 odd ex Hillside players/coach’s now at SA, it was everything & permiated thru the entire club & they went overboard.

#24 from SA was at the forefront of everything.
Qtr1 tries to push #4 into fence
Qtr 2 punches #20 in the mouth
Qtr 3 involved in the fights mid qtr
Post 3rd qtr siren the biggest culprit as HS players tried to exit thru gate.

Some massive games this week which should shape the top 5 and provide a good indication of how they are travelling - Hillside Vs Deer Park and Rupertswood Vs St.Albans. And don't worry- they will be playing.

I definitely think playing for limited points may be on the cards plus a massive fine. Not sure if that’s too extreme or not

Local footy heading to a no crowd allowed on field situation which is a joy when listening to coach addresses..its a shame..a arrogant few damaging it for the majority..whats next fences?

Wow there's not many brain cells within this forum. There'll be sanctions for the two from HS who entered melee, to help or not - pull players out etc - they will be held accountable. There is clear images and videos of this beginning the all in , regardless of their intent good or bad , NO ONE should have entered that scuffle of players. Undeniably is what escalated the infield brawl. Once spectators have entered, there is nothing not one single individual from either team, player or representative could have done to diffuse it before it exploded. It's all on the EDFL recording, match day reports have the game called off for HS supporters running in. What transpired in the pocket, the footage is everywhere and there's really not more to be said - one persons actions can have profound impacts on reputation and the individual clearly didnt regard this.
What is pretty clear is some people here who have their own agenda, needless to say you know who you are, EDFL deal with it as two incidents - why the game was called off and what happened in the player ambush

The main thing is no one was hurt from either side, besides some emotions on here ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That bloke happens to be the president too from what I can see. Not trying to deal with the situation but upset with someone recording evidence of the fact and trying to excuse it by what happened earlier. Pathetic

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Moving forward….
What is the penalty, that will send a message and hopefully lessen the chance of this happening again?
Be realistic..
What should happen (to send the message):
- matches between the sides over the next 18 months played at a neutral venue (given closed doors is near impossible in this competition) under COVID attendance rules (essential personnel only)
  • reduction of 6 team selection points for 18 months for both sides (down to 40 from 46)
  • maximum allowable financial sanction
  • suspended sentence of forfeiture of next fixture (all senior men's grades including 18s if applicable) regardless of opponent for next 18 months
  • any player/official listed on team sheet involved to face tribunal under breach of law 22.2.2 (cc): engaging in any other act of misconduct or serious misconduct (given fans rather than players/officials involved), this way they will be given a chance to clear their names
  • any other individual involved to face tribunal under EDFL bylaws that cover this type of incident.

What will probably happen:
  • handful of bans to individuals
  • minimum financial sanction

- matches between the sides over the next 18 months played at a neutral venue (given closed doors is near impossible in this competition) under COVID attendance rules (essential personnel only)
  • reduction of 6 team selection points for 18 months for both sides (down to 40 from 46)
  • suspended sentence of forfeiture of next fixture (all senior men's grades including 18s if applicable) regardless of opponent for next 18 months
  • any player/official listed on team sheet involved to face tribunal under breach of law 22.2.2 (cc): engaging in any other act of misconduct or serious misconduct (given fans rather than players/officials involved), this way they will be given a chance to clear their names
  • any other individual involved to face tribunal under EDFL bylaws that cover this type of incident.

Its the EDFL..... toothless tiger...... nothing will happen to clubs, only punishment will go to StA VP, who should get life ban from anything to do with EDFL

What should happen:
  • St Albans VP banned for life from holding any formal football position
  • St Albans play with 36 player points for the remainder of the year
  • St Albans play for zero premiership points until the end of June
  • Hillside - suspended sentence based on previous good record
What will happen:
  • St Albans VP banned for life
  • St Albans fined $10k with a further 10K suspended for 2 years
  • Hillside fined $5k, suspended for 2 years

That bloke happens to be the president too from what I can see. Not trying to deal with the situation but upset with someone recording evidence of the fact and trying to excuse it by what happened earlier. Pathetic

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Haven’t seen this but if true and both President and VP from home club involved then the league won’t like that one bit. They should be the 2 most influential people showing leadership in this type of situation. Clear and simple..

What should happen:
  • St Albans VP banned for life from holding any formal football position
  • St Albans play with 36 player points for the remainder of the year
  • St Albans play for zero premiership points until the end of June
  • Hillside - suspended sentence based on previous good record
What will happen:
  • St Albans VP banned for life
  • St Albans fined $10k with a further 10K suspended for 2 years
  • Hillside fined $5k, suspended for 2 years
I like your post and thoughts but why reduce player points? Besides a couple of players the others were extremely well behaved from what I seen. It’s been reported certain SA players were trying to calm the situation.
Zero premiership points would affect the other sides.

What will happen: you might be on the money but could be others suspended out of all this.

The changerooms so close together and close to the social club has attributed to issues over a number of years at SA. Going back to the 80/90s. They used to park a big truck behind those goals and you can guess the rest 😊

Why reduce player points as it’s nothing to do with the playing list. All bar a couple of players the rest were fine from my vantage point. Couldn’t see what occurred on the siren though.

Forfeit next game? Wouldn’t that compromise the ladder with 2 important matches this week.

I definitely think playing for limited points may be on the cards plus a massive fine. Not sure if that’s too extreme or not

Yeah won’t happen.

A few years back a number of players were recruited from HS to EK and they played each other twice. From what I heard Lots of crowd banter (with maybe some going to far) and a bit of feeling between the 2 sides but no crowd fighting and both teams/supporters enjoying a beer together in the rooms post game.
So Bash were Hillside punching on with EK??
So why did this particular game spill over?

You know the answer don’t you if you’re being honest.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back