EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure, but Covelli hasn’t missed a game this season so obviously that has helped him and Hillside. Does appear to be stronger & fitter. Huge bonus in div1 to have a power forward as they are gold.
Round 16 v MV
Round 17 they have the bye
Round 18 vs Marby.

Huge effort if he can get 100 in H&A season. If it was an 18 game season he would, but being a 16 game season not easy.

Would be a massive effort if he could. Might get it come finals time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many senior coaches get up early and attend the whole 18s games? Noticed Craigieburn senior coach assists the 18s which is great commitment to a club and must be great for the juniors to see such dedication. Yes they are struggling a bit in senior & reserves but it’s going to hold them in good stead over the next few years with a senior coach with that attitude. Another benefit is often 18s can get a bit fiery at times but having your senior coach present keeps the right mindset and disciplines.

Yes I’ve been a critic of Craigieburn over the years but credit where it’s due.. 👌

How many senior coaches get up early and attend the whole 18s games? Noticed Craigieburn senior coach assists the 18s which is great commitment to a club and must be great for the juniors to see such dedication. Yes they are struggling a bit in senior & reserves but it’s going to hold them in good stead over the next few years with a senior coach with that attitude. Another benefit is often 18s can get a bit fiery at times but having your senior coach present keeps the right mindset and disciplines.

Yes I’ve been a critic of Craigieburn over the years but credit where it’s due.. 👌

I think all the good coaches would be investing in the U18’s and reserves as well. Only way to continue to grow sustainable is through the U18’s and depth coming through

With only 3 rounds left, who are the top players at every club that could be a chance for BnF or team of the year?
Hillside I’ve seen all games either live or video.

Covelli - Leading goal kicker, one on one just so strong, leads well, for his size he’s decent at ground level, good kick for goal, can he get to 100 goals.

Pettigrove - Unique defender in that he’s not key position height but intercepts in the air like a tall & on the ground, strong, uses his speed out of defence & kicks well on non-dominant side.

Prestia - Midfield bull inside wins clearances, tackles well, damaging long kick, kicks goals as a mid, team player & leads by example as captain.

All 3 have had excellent seasons & worthy team of year contenders.

Hillside I’ve seen all games either live or video.

Covelli - Leading goal kicker, one on one just so strong, leads well, for his size he’s decent at ground level, good kick for goal, can he get to 100 goals.

Pettigrove - Unique defender in that he’s not key position height but intercepts in the air like a tall & on the ground, strong, uses his speed out of defence & kicks well on non-dominant side.

Prestia - Midfield bull inside wins clearances, tackles well, damaging long kick, kicks goals as a mid, team player & leads by example as captain.

All 3 have had excellent seasons & worthy team of year contenders.
Would love to see big Covelli win the comp b&f and HS b&f. Has been so dominant, clearly the MVP of the comp in my opinion. Sick of these awards always dominated by midfielders. He must be a chance.

Would love to see big Covelli win the comp b&f and HS b&f. Has been so dominant, clearly the MVP of the comp in my opinion. Sick of these awards always dominated by midfielders. He must be a chance.
Well said Bissa. Have to be a huge chance as been super consistent. His an entertainer so surely in the umpires view and rarely disputes decisions. He should end up with 90odd over 16 games which averages out to almost 6 per game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have a heap of talent in their 16s as well, they will be strong in 4 or 5 years and full of 1 pointers which will allow them to get 2 or 3 marquee players.
That’s the problem they can’t seem to land marquee players over recent times other than the Cloke boys. They have the $$ I believe just can’t land em. I would assume partly due to the travel and the traffic to get out that way, as it’s a commitment. Seriously the roadworks in this state are the worst I’ve seen in a long time.

That’s the problem they can’t seem to land marquee players over recent times other than the Cloke boys. They have the $$ I believe just can’t land em. I would assume partly due to the travel and the traffic to get out that way, as it’s a commitment. Seriously the roadworks in this state are the worst I’ve seen in a long time.

The road works at the moment are an issue. Around DS and that end of Craigieburn rd has been effected for nearly two years now with little end in sight. Has been a nightmare, especially for the local businesses.

West Coburg by 120 over KP

Marby by 30 over St.Albans

Tulla by 12 over Oak Park

Hillside by 40 over Valleys

Craigieburn by 18 over Rupo

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back