EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

maybe the umpire said incorrect disposal? if that's the case he should have signalled
The call was "Free kick - you cannot drive your head into an opponents chest". Cooke tried to get under the tackle and clearly gave a legitimate handball to a team mate in doing so. Terrible call.

I'd love to see the rule where that is a free kick. I was at the huddle but could clearly hear the umps advisor tell the field umpire "thats not a free kick, you can't pay that" at 1/4 time.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Went and watched the Hillside Vs West Coburg . West Coburg mids dominated, Cleary, Baravi and number 13 had it on a string. Fitaax and number 17 for West Coburg provided great run and skills out of the back line. Taha looked dangerous, however his Hillside opponent did very well on him, Covelli despite kicking a bag was very well defended, I think West Coburg will struggle if they make it to premier div based on the fact that they have weak key position players. If they can find a key forward and a key back, as well as an established ruckman, it should hold them in good stead.
I see WC played on 23 points at the weekend. Looks like most games they are around this number. Gives them plenty of room in the points cap to pick up those key position players you’d have to think

I see WC played on 23 points at the weekend. Looks like most games they are around this number. Gives them plenty of room in the points cap to pick up those key position players you’d have to think
Great effort by WC to be on 23 points. It’s not the fault of WC but must be difficult to recruit premier league players with the facilities they have compared to other clubs in the area. Very good div1 side though.

Great effort by WC to be on 23 points. It’s not the fault of WC but must be difficult to recruit premier league players with the facilities they have compared to other clubs in the area. Very good div1 side though.
They are not in Premier yet and facilties are not everything. If you think that way WC ought be at the bottom of barrel not on top of div 1. Might be that some players want to play premier without holding clubs to ransom for big $$$. Plenty on big $$$ at other clubs who cant get a kick but they live to fight another day by bleeding the next club silly enough to pay them the big $$$.

They'll be doing their best to try and play home games back at City Oval like they did in premier the first time around

They are not in Premier yet and facilties are not everything. If you think that way WC ought be at the bottom of barrel not on top of div 1. Might be that some players want to play premier without holding clubs to ransom for big $$$. Plenty on big $$$ at other clubs who cant get a kick but they live to fight another day by bleeding the next club silly enough to pay them the big $$$.
All clubs pay good $$ mate. That’s the footy of today unfortunately. You can blame clubs such as Abers and others in different leagues for the high player payments that started years ago.
But agree WC probably paying the least of the top 5 clubs I would guess. It’s not a negative but try getting a decent player who is A grade to play at that ground. Not an easy recruitment tool mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All clubs pay good $$ mate. That’s the footy of today unfortunately. You can blame clubs such as Abers and others in different leagues for the high player payments that started years ago.
But agree WC probably paying the least of the top 5 clubs I would guess. It’s not a negative but try getting a decent player who is A grade to play at that ground. Not an easy recruitment tool mate.

Which is to be fair, is beauty of West Coburg. Not great facilities, can’t pay huge money, yet extremely competitive because playing for the jumper actually means something to the players. It's an old style mentality where they lift because their mates have high expectations of one another and a team first approach.

Which is to be fair, is beauty of West Coburg. Not great facilities, can’t pay huge money, yet extremely competitive because playing for the jumper actually means something to the players. It's an old style mentality where they lift because their mates have high expectations of one another and a team first approach.
It's a great way to go about it. Imagine how competitive other teams would be if they done the same.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Constant issue in this league once we get even a little bit of rain. Instead of investing into roads it should invest into better ovals..
We have become so precious. It’s a winter sport, no drying conditions over past month and more footy being played on grounds than ever.

Maribynong too good against Tulla, cleaner and tougher, Kayrooz kicked another bag of 9 to take him second on the goal kickers list. All of Marbys recruits have been playing well. Kayrooz, Plowman, Searle and the returning Romensky has been huge,. Can’t see anyone beating them come finals time, they have about 6 -7 players who’ve had VFL/AFL experience, that will play a huge part when down the track and if they get promoted too.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back