EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to Marby v St Albans..
Marby way too good, kicking right away after 1/2time.
Also, I see Covelli kicked a lazy 11 against MV!
The big fellas had a huge year!

I think Marby win it from here, took them a while to get going but I don't see them being beat.
They'll finish top, have week one of the finals off.
FINALS WEEK 1
WC will beat HS and StA will beat OP.
FINALS WEEK 2
Marby beat WC, StA beat HS
FINALS WEEK 3
WC beat StA
FINALS WEEK 4
Marby beat WC

I think Marby win it from here, took them a while to get going but I don't see them being beat.
FINALS WEEK 1
FINALS WEEK 2
FINALS WEEK 3
WC beat StA
FINALS WEEK 4
Marby beat WC
Haha, haha haha hilarious

Think Oak could beat StAlbans first week..

Marby got wests and hillside last 2 rounds , should give us an indication where they finish
FINALS WEEK 1
FINALS WEEK 2
FINALS WEEK 3
WC beat StA
FINALS WEEK 4
Marby beat WC
Marby got hillside and wests last 2 rounds ,

I was told the fencing around the ground has come down and it's hard to make any money on the number 2 ground.
was there with juniors a fortnight ground maybe not big enough for seniors or perhaps it just looks and feels short. not set up as a spectator venue for anything above juniors but the canteen was a beuaty. would definitly be a byo ground so making money difficuly

And furthermore big Covelli attended a hillside junior final today and was in rooms post game. That’s the type of person and club mentality that can take a club places. Another senior player was seen running water for a girls junior side also. 👌

FINALS WEEK 1
FINALS WEEK 2
FINALS WEEK 3
WC beat StA
FINALS WEEK 4
Marby beat WC
We will all know more this week - Marby versus West Coburg. West Coburg have already beaten Marby at shore Reserve - so Marby get a chance to show everyone how good they are and if the hype is real on their own deck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will he get 7 in the last game v Marby?

Has security been booked for that game yet?
It’s possible on the bigger HS ground but 7 goals against Marby would take a huge effort. Depends if Marby rest players prior to finals also. Last time they played Clarke on him after he kicked a few early goals and at times double teamed him. Let’s see I guess

Sercurity not needed 😃😃

For those who can't.

As Hillside star Josh Covelli closes in on triple figures for the first time in his career, Sharks coach Chris Daley reveals what has been so key to his success.

It’s unfortunate Hillside has one of the last two byes of the EDFL Division 1 season.
It’s a result which means star forward Josh Covelli is less than likely to reach triple figures during the home-and-away season, in 16 games in fact.

The power forward has produced the best season of his career with 93 goals in 15 games to easily sit on top of the competition’s goalkicking charts.

His previous best in a season was 84 goals while playing for Burnside Heights in 2017.

With a potential finals preview to come against Maribyrnong Park, a side he kicked five against earlier in the season, the odds are probably against Covelli.

Hillside coach Chris Daley is just glad to have him in his side.

Covelli showed how impactful he can be with 11 goals against Moonee Valley on the weekend, proving the difference between the two sides.

“When you’ve got that sort of trump card up forward, it can make a difference,” Daley said.

“He uses his strength to his advantage. He had a pretty solid pre-season and was able to get himself to a really high fitness level alongside working really hard on his game.

“We make it a real goal of ours to get him his shots within 30 to 35m because we know he’s a lovely shot when he does get those types of opportunities.”

Hillside was able to run away in the last quarter against Moonee Valley, kicking five goals to zero.

Running defenders Jackson McMenamin, Lachlan Pettigrove and Zain Yasmak won plaudits from the coach while the Sharks’ midfield was equally as impressive.

Ruckman Alessio Gobbo was able to play a key role in the absence of Fog big man Bevan Newell.

“They play their ground really well, we knew we were in for a tough contest all day,” Daley said.

“It was more about perseverance and making the most of our opportunities. We were a lot cleaner with the footy after half-time, our midfield got to work.”

Heading into the bye, Daley said it was a great opportunity for his side to refresh.

“It gives us a chance to look at what we haven’t been doing well and focus on that,” he said.

How many senior coaches get up early and attend the whole 18s games? Noticed Craigieburn senior coach assists the 18s which is great commitment to a club and must be great for the juniors to see such dedication. Yes they are struggling a bit in senior & reserves but it’s going to hold them in good stead over the next few years with a senior coach with that attitude. Another benefit is often 18s can get a bit fiery at times but having your senior coach present keeps the right mindset and disciplines.

Yes I’ve been a critic of Craigieburn over the years but credit where it’s due.. 👌
Hopefully he reigns in some of the cheap shots coming from reserves players on rupertswood players, if the club cares about their image and building character of their young players they should stamp this out immidiately. No place in footy for it

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back