EDFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barney, you have seen the light! Much appreciated ;)

What is going on at Taylors Lakes, comprehensivly beaten in 2 games and only beaten Jacana after being widely tipped as being clearly the best or 2nd best team in the comp. Any under lying reasons why they are not performing. Did Manton get reported and did he get any weeks?
They would be desperate to win this week!

What is going on at Taylors Lakes, comprehensivly beaten in 2 games and only beaten Jacana after being widely tipped as being clearly the best or 2nd best team in the comp. Any under lying reasons why they are not performing. Did Manton get reported and did he get any weeks?

The main reason they're not performing is that they are basically a shite club.
On the Manton question, not sure if he got reported but can tell you he should really fit in well at TL

The main reason they're not performing is that they are basically a shite club.
On the Manton question, not sure if he got reported but can tell you he should really fit in well at TL

We played them last year and they seemed ok, pretty good numbers of supporters plus most of the players came in for a drink, which wouldn't have been easy as we smashed em' on the scoreboard. Didn't go to our away game against them but didn't hear of any bad behaviour. What makes them a shite Club in your opinion? Why would Manton fit in well?

bang, I think what is happening at lakes at the moment is that there have been a number of exists from last year with some new faces. They have some decent players come in to the side this season and I think its a matter of really getting back to the basics and start jelling as a group. They will come good.

Also, Mark DeSousa has been absent as well. I think once he is back in the side it will be a boost for them. I know clubs dont like to rely on one player, but he is a guy that lifts blokes just with his presence

NORTHERN SAINTS vs Moonee Valley - by 58 points

Jacana vs TULLAMARINE - by 245 points.

Roxburgh Park vs EAST KEILOR - by 79 points.

TAYLORS LAKES vs Westmeadows - by 18 points.

Hadfield vs AIRPORT WEST - by 95 points.

GLENROY vs Keilor Park - by 150 points.

WEST COBURG v Hillside - by 68 points.

:)If Glen Manton WAS SENT OFF R-3 last week as per the above comments with a red card. I am under the understanding that if you ARE REPORTED and you either take the FIXED PENALITY or TRIBUNAL?
Can anybody confirn was he SENT OFF?
Has he accepted a SET PENALITY (If so how may weeks?)
Was the matter COVERED UP?
Is the matter gone to INVESTERGATION?
This week tribunal results had no listing of guilty or not guilty.
Just like to know the outcome? :confused:

:)If Glen Manton WAS SENT OFF R-3 last week as per the above comments with a red card. I am under the understanding that if you ARE REPORTED and you either take the FIXED PENALITY or TRIBUNAL?
Can anybody confirn was he SENT OFF?
Has he accepted a SET PENALITY (If so how may weeks?)
Was the matter COVERED UP?
Is the matter gone to INVESTERGATION?
This week tribunal results had no listing of guilty or not guilty.
Just like to know the outcome? :confused:
Manton has been reported on 2 charges. not sure what the charges are exactly but 1 would be for striking and 1 for charging/rough conduct. But was away Tuesday and could not front the tribunal as a result his case will be held next week. i hope this clears it up. ps as far as i know he is not permitted to play until he fronts the tribunal but i am not sure of this.

I've heard Jacana are about to fold. Apparently they cant field an under 10, 12 or 14 team. No money in the bank. Struggling to field 2 senior teams and getting beat by 250 points every week. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I've heard Jacana are about to fold. Apparently they cant field an under 10, 12 or 14 team. No money in the bank. Struggling to field 2 senior teams and getting beat by 250 points every week. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I notice all the ladders for those 3 junior teams have them all on the bottom and no games played. Such a shame.

Round 4 selections

Nth Saints
Tulla
E Keilor
West Mead (going against the trend here)
A west
Glenroy
West Coburg

If West meadows get up, it will be - le le le leg (wait for it) ---- legendary

Selections so far, everyone has the same, except Barnibus going for W M (legendary), only bazzinger punk and old burra to come.

If an earlier post is accurate, be a shame to see Jacana fold - maybe will help Roxy build up, thats where the kids will go

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony Koutafides is apparently playing for Hillside FC,
in Rd 5 against Taylors Lakes, Top get for the Hillside FC $$$

Jacana are not going to fold. Not 100% on where the juniors are at, but as I understood it I believe that the tens and twelves in particular were playing?? I know 100% the 16s are well enough off. In the seniors, more numbers at training and around the club than has been seen in years. Results not coming, but when you factor in where the club was at, where it is now and the fact that there is only one player in the seniors over the age of 22, things will only get better.

Once again, and I hate harping on it, rumours like this are deflating and don't do the club any favors. So don't spread a false rumour please and sit tight if you believe it and see what happens.

Once again, and I hate harping on it, rumours like this are deflating and don't do the club any favors. So don't spread a false rumour please and sit tight if you believe it and see what happens.

He was just asking the question if anyone knew details which you answered. Everyone is going to be all over it this year, people talked about Keilor Park folding as well because the league still want to go ahead with the 3 divisions but if a club folds it will be untenable

He was just asking the question if anyone knew details which you answered. Everyone is going to be all over it this year, people talked about Keilor Park folding as well because the league still want to go ahead with the 3 divisions but if a club folds it will be untenable
I think the problem is though year in year out people keep speaking of how Jacana are going to fold. They haven't as yet but the constant negative discussion remains, making it more difficult for them to get into a position of strength. How are they going to find people willing to play for/sponsor them given the way they're spoken of on here and in general? Yes it was a harmless question but add it to all of the other negative discussion and it has repercussions

its only about the tenth time his said it he has a fatalistic fantasy about jacana

roxburgh park v EAST KEILOR -soft start for ek
NORTHERN SAINTS vmoonee valley - too strong
hadfield v AIRPORT WEST - will be ugly after massive walk out
WEST COBURG v hillside - will be put back in there box
taylors lakes v WESTMEADOWS - if westy play 4 qtrs
jacana v TULLAMARINE - will be ugly
GLENROY V keilor park - uglier

roxburgh park v EAST KEILOR -soft start for ek
NORTHERN SAINTS vmoonee valley - too strong
hadfield v AIRPORT WEST - will be ugly after massive walk out
WEST COBURG v hillside - will be put back in there box
taylors lakes v WESTMEADOWS - if westy play 4 qtrs
jacana v TULLAMARINE - will be ugly
GLENROY V keilor park - uglier

Northern Saint v Moonee Valley - by 140pts
Hadfield v Aiport West - by 78pts
West Coburg v Hillside - by 15pts
Taylors Lakes v West Meadows - by 41pts
Roxburgh Park v East Keilor - by 20pts
Jacana vs Tullamarine - by 199pts
Glenroy vs Keilor Park - by 157pts

No upsets this week boys but l do expect good showings by Hillside and Roxi. Seen both sides play and hillside arnt far from being a really good side, and roxi improving every week
NS, Tulla and Glenroy have the bye. Taylors Lakes are under huge pressure to start performing.
Wont ever bother with Airport west as they are way to good for anyone

if roxy play the way they did against airport west!!! i wouldnt be surprised if they get up!!!!

Good luck also to A saad who has been picked to play for stkilda tonite what an awesome story for a young man who several years ago had never played football just goes to show doesnt matter what grade of football you play you can still make the elite level maybe the people who are supposed to look at talented kids should look at all levels instead of looking at the clubs at higher divisions this kid has never been acknoledged as one of the stars of the EDFL well done roxy you deserve every reconition good luck today boys hope you win as well

Snax......... Ok " PATHETIC " may have been a bit harsh !!!! However to see U18 football played in this way is ??????

And NO not from a neighboring club at all , have been involved with this club for many years and did not agree with the move to the EDFL. We were not that competative in the RDFL and to move to a better competition ( EDFL ) was very premature. The people running the club thought the grass was greener on the other side however an educated assesment would see that the best move would have been to make the club bigger and stronger in the RDFL before making the move into the EDFL . The only reason I say this on big footy is so that people get to know how bad it really is , the club WAS moving in the RIGHT direction a few seasons back but moved on because the footy people were shafted by the ESSG and we lost allot of our good junior footballers to neighboring clubs because of that.

Seriously JB71 WTF!!!!!
Using a forum such as this to bad mouth individuals and club committees is very poor form, some may even say PATHETIC!
For your information mate, the ESSG under 18's played Jacana today and at half time were down by nearly 5 goals. However, with guts, determination and committment they turned this around and ended up winning by 4 points in a very close and tough contest!
I'd like to see you turn up there today and call these kids pathetic to their faces mate! They gave their all for their club and were wrapped with their first win. :thumbsu:
If you have a problem with the committee, then put something in writing direct to the club, rather than posting your disgruntled comments in a public forum! Your not winning any friends mate by bagging the performance of the kids!
Also, to single out individuals and committee members is PATHETIC! The amount of effort, time and committment that people like them put into the club week after week is huge! Real easy to sit on the side lines and pass on bad comments about other people when they are the one's doing all the work to get the club moving forward!
Sounds like you need to loose the chip on your shoulder mate and stop bagging the club and the kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back