EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Winter will destroy div1. Great pick up. Probably like when Mango went to Tulla a few years back and did well, although I'm guessing Winter has a few good years left in him. Was still very competitive in premier due to his size, strength & agility.

Winter fantastic pick up for the roys, however if they are relying on the 4 from div 3 NFL they are clutching at straws. How old is flavel ?

Craigieburn , Westmeadows , oak park , Tullamarine , Glenroy , who is the 6th ?
To be honest mate when i was talking to an ex President the other week he didn't mention the resevoir players, mentioned winter, a few boys that traveled up to country playing at seperate clubs last year that are mates cobram/seymour for memory and someone from one of the heidelburgs in nfl.
And my top 6 is with TL bit of an unknown obviously morrelli out for fair chunk of season and de sousa retiring, also heard longo brothers linked to rdfl side.
Haddy and NS to fight out relegation in my opinion!

To be honest mate when i was talking to an ex President the other week he didn't mention the resevoir players, mentioned winter, a few boys that traveled up to country playing at seperate clubs last year that are mates cobram/seymour for memory and someone from one of the heidelburgs in nfl.
And my top 6 is with TL bit of an unknown obviously morrelli out for fair chunk of season and de sousa retiring, also heard longo brothers linked to rdfl side.
Haddy and NS to fight out relegation in my opinion!
I wonder how much clubs are considering the points system given its only the first year of it. I believe senior players from other clubs coming over to a new club are worth at least 3-4 points. Gone are the days where clubs can bring in 10 new players and play them all, will be very strange next year if some clubs cant pick there best side because it will exceed 50 points due to so many new players arriving at a club. Going to be a challenge for many clubs i would of thought

I wonder how much clubs are considering the points system given its only the first year of it. I believe senior players from other clubs coming over to a new club are worth at least 3-4 points. Gone are the days where clubs can bring in 10 new players and play them all, will be very strange next year if some clubs cant pick there best side because it will exceed 50 points due to so many new players arriving at a club. Going to be a challenge for many clubs i would of thought

Mate if any div1 side is even close to 50 points I would be amazed and that club will be in trouble, as it will be less points in 2017. IMO div1 should be less points than premier.

Mate if any div1 side is even close to 50 points I would be amazed and that club will be in trouble, as it will be less points in 2017. IMO div1 should be less points than premier.

Points debate starts around the 45 minute mark average over first 6 rounds.

Highest D1 club was EDS with an average of 63 points, Westy 52, Tulla 42, Craigie 41 with the rest in the 30s. TL with a division low of 25.5. Could set the bar at around 45 probably less.

Premier: PV average 72, AH 67, Keilor 63 all the rest under 50. WC with a division low of 30. 50 would be a good number here.

Div 2: KP tops it with 46. 5 clubs in the 30s, with Haddy and Roxy P at 27 points.

Points debate starts around the 45 minute mark average over first 6 rounds.

Highest D1 club was EDS with an average of 63 points, Westy 52, Tulla 42, Craigie 41 with the rest in the 30s. TL with a division low of 25.5. Could set the bar at around 45 probably less.

Premier: PV average 72, AH 67, Keilor 63 all the rest under 50. WC with a division low of 30. 50 would be a good number here.

Div 2: KP tops it with 46. 5 clubs in the 30s, with Haddy and Roxy P at 27 points.

Clubs like tulla and kp probably need some extra points considering they don't have juniors coming through at the moment although both clubs are working at changing that but will take some years to reap the benefits

OMeara named assistant coach at reservoir for 2016 (has been for last 4 years) Sullivan going as an assistant coach with Terra, Flavel confirmed. Rooney as far as I know is staying at reservoir.

Sullivan Flavel are slowing but are smart enough to be a worry in a good side. O'Meara best is well past him and Rooney struggled with injury last year but was a ball magnet in 2014. The other bloke is Bailey from WH

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glenroy apparently have picked up Trent Fisher & Matthew Coomans, both from Cobram. Anyone know how they go?
Glenroy obviously recruiting a few but I question the intent as not many of the recruits would be near up to premier standard.Yes I know they aren't in premier yet but if they have intentions of being there soon why recruit a grioup of guys that are nowhere near up to it?If the Reservoir boys and those 2 are getting well paid I say its money wasted.Happy to be proven though just my thoughts.

Have u seen the 2 country boys play barfly ? obviously you have if you've declared them not premier standard! Both played good level footy in the country will be more than capable div1 players, Fisher has been playing senior footy for seymour which i'm sure is above this level and coomans from all reports is a younger/fitter replacement for danny who was captain at broadford and was in best plenty of times last year at cobram.

On the resevoir boys im not involved directly with the club and player payments but i'm pretty sure roys wouldn't be breaking the budget on these older blokes, i'm not even sure these guys would playing senior football in this division.

Glenroy obviously recruiting a few but I question the intent as not many of the recruits would be near up to premier standard.Yes I know they aren't in premier yet but if they have intentions of being there soon why recruit a grioup of guys that are nowhere near up to it?If the Reservoir boys and those 2 are getting well paid I say its money wasted.Happy to be proven though just my thoughts.
I dont think the Reservoir guys will even play seniors. one of them is assistant coach i think. From what ive just heard, Fisher & Coomans will more then hold there own in Div 1. At least they finally have a focal point up forward now in Adam Winter.

I dont think the Reservoir guys will even play seniors. one of them is assistant coach i think. From what ive just heard, Fisher & Coomans will more then hold there own in Div 1. At least they finally have a focal point up forward now in Adam Winter.
Definately a focal point Winter will cause some big headaches just his pure size and strength alone. Coomans big strong boy who plays tough and can find the footy alot. Lacks foot skills and pace but a good player and leader

Favel only good enough if ball put to lace out other wise does not waste effort with loose ball and does not really have a defensive side any more due to lack of pace he gets run off by the young faster players .if he gets good delivery he should be good for around 50 + goals
Haven't seen him play in a fair while but safe to assume playing in a higher div at Glenroy than he was at resa Should amount to a higher return due to higher quality players kicking the footy to him

I think any club would love to have a bloke kick 50 for them

Haven't seen him play in a fair while but safe to assume playing in a higher div at Glenroy than he was at resa Should amount to a higher return due to higher quality players kicking the footy to him

Will be getting 3rd defender as well behind winter,wallace

It's funny that u think that. He will be lucky to kick 20 goals. Will get better defenders play on him then in divy 3. Also not many players kick 50 goals in divy 1. Only 3 last year so your saying his as good as the clokes and mullens. Your dreaming.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Back