EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OrangeCutter said:
litening, geez those umpires are a bit harsh arn't they;)
mayb better luck next time your mate was doing alright at the other end sitting on 6"8 ruckmans heads
good luck with the season ahead champ
agree for glenroy and westmeadows did alright to win by so much, rate glenroy this year dont let them get under your guard

Common Litening lets not get carried away, yes your new found club will do well, but lets wait until you play someone other than the perenial easy beats NCS !!!!

Mercuri should kick 5 each week, if he can't best he stays in Germany for the cup !!!

bricksta said:
Sounds like a bit of sour grapes there Jett.....?
Was there abit of a dust i heard during the senior game???

Nothing really. Number one for Doutta's got a free kick for a high tackle and got up and landed a cheeky one. A few people came in to push and shove to let him know that that wasn't on. Somehow he ended up having a shot on the goal line :confused: There was some niggle but it was that sort of scrappy tight game given the very windy conditions with the ball on the deck alot. Don't worry about your team mate, IMO they're a lot better than last year (when they actually made the 4).

Jett said:
Greenvale and Doutta's played out a lucklustre draw. Greenvale kicked the first 4 goals into the wind and it looked like an absolute trashing was on the cards. But Doutta's managed to cut that lead and scrap it out all day kicking the last 2 goals into the wind to tie it up.

Doutta's were very impressive IMO. They have onballers everywhere and are a super quick side. Carey looked imposing up forward but was beaten by Budge overall who was outstanding. However in very blustery conditions it was not a day for fowards and I think Carey will be a premier foward in this comp. Eslum (I think) did a super job on Paxman and the G'vale's onballers where well beaten on the day by sheer weight of numbers.

Doutta's commitment to the contest was amazing. Will be interesting if they can keep that up for the year. If they do they will be right up there

The gamed was marred by some terrible terrible umpiring that had the crowd irate and one passive coach fuming after being on the end of a 36-15 free kick count. But hey that's footy

Geez Grenvale was robbed. If that was the right free kick count Greenvale have done very well to get the draw. A player who got 21 kicks in a game would be in the votes!

OrangeCutter said:
good, pappa had to much class for anyone in the north coburg line up verral played up forward and was busy, micky did pretty well in the middle but assuming he will play even better during the season ahead. mecuri took an absolute SCREAMER in the square in was a beauty he looked very good and seemed to be having a good time out there
im guessing your from Eltham Joshooaa? how are u guys looking? and do you rate those three blokes?

Ben Verall i didnt see play much, he had a broken Jaw at Eltham. Im sure hes a good player though.
Mick Martin is a raking kick and a real in an under hard ball getter. He did very well at Eltham.
Pappa is a little gun who despite being tiny can jump on blokes backs. He is lightning fast with great skills.
All three were big losses from Eltham and will be missed.
As for me, i played all my juniours and under 19s at the panthers and a little senior footy but play elswhere now, but my heart is still with the Eltham club and i support them. Great club. Few new players down there this year but not enough to cover big losses and retirements. Dont think they'll be in finals contention unfortunatly but will win a few games.

Matthew Pillios said:
We would like to welcome all E.D.F.L Fans to a new Forum.
If you could kindly put the time to quickly register as a member and post
threads, that would be fantastic.

No bagging. Just football opinions, match reviews, fans outlook on matches and some appreciated assistance in trying to creat an E.D.F.L Fan Forum.
Log onto www.edflfooty.com.

Muchly appreciated. Apologies to Oak PArk, Craigieburn, Sydenham and P.Vale for tipping against them. Well done.
silly silly man backing against the sharks matty boy hehe told u we were a good thing against hadfield

Heartbreak Kid said:
Well said d-mac. l thought when the real stuff began that the ******** talking will stop but some people cant help themselves. Well done on the weekend mate. The team showed some real good signs and with a few still to come back, we will only get stronger. Granted the opposition wasnt the best, we moved the ball so much better than last year and what a difference having 5-6 forward options up forward that can get the job done. We will definetly give a few teams trouble this season.
Good efforts by taylors to only go down by 5 goals against west after loosing so many players, also to roxi who l think will sneak into the finals with an easy draw. dont know too much about the valleys but it looks like a tuff year ahead for them jacana, and hadfield. Forget about west coburg and marby guys, airport west are the the team to beat by far.
Well boys its great to be back in it and it looks like its gunna be a great year in b grade. To those guys on this site who continue to talk s h i t and bag peoples opinion, thats ok boys its not your fault you have s h i t for brains
notice nobody replied to our quotes maybe they got our point, anyways onto the footy yeah very happy with the boys satdee mate especially the way we finished the game off encouraging signs and was quite impressed with some of the kids and the new blokes stood up well too wasn't so much of the blokes from last year except for maybe wade "the freak" boorman who was very good all day but yeah looking forward to moonee valley in a fortnights time pity we have the week off as i know all the boys r pumped and wanna get on with it

all this hipe about marby west coburg and airport west winning the flag but alot of the time the favourites always stumble once they get to the finals pressure.im backing a outsider above those 3 sides to win the flag .i think the glenroy boys will be a very big chance got a few new blokes who are very gutsy and underated. think pacco mite sneak into the equation just quietly

ex player said:
all this hipe about marby west coburg and airport west winning the flag but alot of the time the favourites always stumble once they get to the finals pressure.im backing a outsider above those 3 sides to win the flag .i think the glenroy boys will be a very big chance got a few new blokes who are very gutsy and underated. think pacco mite sneak into the equation just quietly

Craigeburn were one of the favorites last year, were they not?

ex player said:

how can u say pascoe vale will b up there? just got ova the line against roxy( who no1 rate by the way), only bcoz of that idiot umpire in the last 5 mins of the game. pacco got very very lucky.

pascoe vale= very overrated

ex player said:
Agree about glenroy ex player, but not sure with pacco. l think roxi will finish above pacco. Too many people excited with ezard but he cant win the game for them and still lack a few quality players. Glenroy are a very strong team and will play finals this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

d-mac3276 said:
notice nobody replied to our quotes maybe they got our point, anyways onto the footy yeah very happy with the boys satdee mate especially the way we finished the game off encouraging signs and was quite impressed with some of the kids and the new blokes stood up well too wasn't so much of the blokes from last year except for maybe wade "the freak" boorman who was very good all day but yeah looking forward to moonee valley in a fortnights time pity we have the week off as i know all the boys r pumped and wanna get on with it
Yeah the freak will relish not having best defender every week and he will be hard to stop. Some really good kids coming thru and pressure is on the older blokes to perform ( not you of course mate ) and they will find themselves keeping me and richo company in the twos

AirportWest #17 said:
Craigeburn were one of the favorites last year, were they not?
Dont get so defensive airport west #17, he is only saying that the favourites dont always win the big one. After the big win you had over the boppers, airport west are now odd on to win the flag. Gee with players such as mercs, gentile, Mcveigh, Blumfield, papps, Barclay and bullock, its worth splashing out and having $2 on you for the flag. Take it easy buddy, the edfl has already put airport west on the premiership cup.
BUT, dont forget that favourites dont always win and you can tell Mr. Denny that, oh but he already knows that seeing as knows everything there is to know about footy

localfooty said:
how can u say pascoe vale will b up there? just got ova the line against roxy( who no1 rate by the way), only bcoz of that idiot umpire in the last 5 mins of the game. pacco got very very lucky.

pascoe vale= very overrated
mate i didnt say they will i said that as my thoughts.just seems so early to be very big favourites thats all

I think it is very hard to split Airport West, West COburg & Marby they all have there positives. Airort West dont seem to have the depth of the others and with Mercuri going overseas at the buisness end of the season and sure to come back unfit from all the beer and Kranskis he will eat prob wont be that effective in the finals. Injuries will play a key part in determining who takes the flag in B grade, if I was to put some cash on it I would take Marby.

Heartbreak Kid said:
Yeah the freak will relish not having best defender every week and he will be hard to stop. Some really good kids coming thru and pressure is on the older blokes to perform ( not you of course mate ) and they will find themselves keeping me and richo company in the twos

Boys l hate to tell you, but when you play against the quality sides like marby, Airport West, west coburg and Glenroy then talk in my opinion.......It's a long season remember!!! :D

JC1981 said:
I think it is very hard to split Airport West, West COburg & Marby they all have there positives. Airort West dont seem to have the depth of the others and with Mercuri going overseas at the buisness end of the season and sure to come back unfit from all the beer and Kranskis he will eat prob wont be that effective in the finals. Injuries will play a key part in determining who takes the flag in B grade, if I was to put some cash on it I would take Marby.

JC1981, "Mercuri going overseas at the business end of the season and sure to come back unfit from all the beer and kranskis he will eat prob wont be that effective in the finals"!! :confused:

Champ thats like saying Bloomfield will not play VFL..... :eek:

Heartbreak Kid said:
mate i'd wanna pull my finger out the way i played on satdee not a good day at the office personally but as a team thing bloody loved it i won't put 2 bad ones in a row bring on the valley

d-mac3276 said:
mate i'd wanna pull my finger out the way i played on satdee not a good day at the office personally but as a team thing bloody loved it i won't put 2 bad ones in a row bring on the valley

The valley are bringing in all new young guns! Watch out for this side after the break could be a surprise for you all!

Heartbreak Kid said:
Dont get so defensive airport west #17, he is only saying that the favourites dont always win the big one. After the big win you had over the boppers, airport west are now odd on to win the flag. Gee with players such as mercs, gentile, Mcveigh, Blumfield, papps, Barclay and bullock, its worth splashing out and having $2 on you for the flag. Take it easy buddy, the edfl has already put airport west on the premiership cup.
BUT, dont forget that favourites dont always win and you can tell Mr. Denny that, oh but he already knows that seeing as knows everything there is to know about footy

Heartbreak Kid you seemed to have left out a few. May I mention Bruno, McBride ,McLean, Scherian, Cacopardo, Martin, McAllister, Crook, Collier, Verral, Rogers, Godden, Barclay, and the one everyone has forgotten about in Jamie Birt.APW are not flag favourites by a long shot. Maribyrnong Park hold that honour by a mile. West Coburg are second on the list followed by Glenroy and Westmeadows Then it is a toss up for 5th place between APW, Taylors Lakes and Pascoe Vale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back