EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDFL MAN said:
We all wish the MV under 18's all the best after the break.....:eek:
Infact they are not coming from the U18'S, three of them actually played reserves last week, one on the wing....one on the ball and the other forward pocket/half forward:p all diff clubs!

Eagle One said:
Heartbreak Kid you seemed to have left out a few. May I mention Bruno, McBride ,McLean, Scherian, Cacopardo, Martin, McAllister, Crook, Collier, Verral, Rogers, Godden, Barclay, and the one everyone has forgotten about in Jamie Birt.APW are not flag favourites by a long shot. Maribyrnong Park hold that honour by a mile. West Coburg are second on the list followed by Glenroy and Westmeadows Then it is a toss up for 5th place between APW, Taylors Lakes and Pascoe Vale.

Compared to Marby: Bangit, Agresta, Gilpin, Nash, Zerafa, Krueger, Hrysoulakis, Duncan, Scott, Cardamone, Weston, Bell just to name a few. :thumbsu:

West Coburg: Vizzini, Nicholson, Kheir, Khouri, Zouzounis, Kakkour, Abdul-Wahed, Taleb, Messaike, Vass, Haouchar, Ahmad, D.Abdul-Wahed...

There's some fair names and players there, B Grade is getting stronger by the year.

next_afl_player said:
Infact they are not coming from the U18'S, three of them actually played reserves last week, one on the wing....one on the ball and the other forward pocket/half forward:p all diff clubs!

Great to hear next_afl_player.....:eek:
By the sounds of it the Valley are struggling already, it's going to be one long year for the creek boys.....:eek:

EDFL MAN said:
Great to hear next_afl_player.....:eek:
By the sounds of it the Valley are struggling already, it's going to be one long year for the creek boys.....:eek:

ignoring the seniors result, did u check the reserves result against west meadows?

EDFL MAN said:
Compared to Marby: Bangit, Agresta, Gilpin, Nash, Zerafa, Krueger, Hrysoulakis, Duncan, Scott, Cardamone, Weston, Bell just to name a few. :thumbsu:

West Coburg: Vizzini, Nicholson, Kheir, Khouri, Zouzounis, Kakkour, Abdul-Wahed, Taleb, Messaike, Vass, Haouchar, Ahmad, D.Abdul-Wahed...

There's some fair names and players there, B Grade is getting stronger by the year.

Great names there and I agree the B grade comp. will be competitive but I still say Marby. are almost unbackable.

sticks04 said:
Deefer4 said:
Deefer Very impressive Posts your review of the game is first rate...

I can assume you have a leaning to Keilor.....

How did you rate the impact of the two recruits from Adelaide ? I thought Alloca was great and Gum servicable....

Also bit of a concern that "senior players" are on Cricket Trips rather than playing important round 1 games of footy ??
Agree that Alloca was very good, particularly in the first half. Probably would have been their best player in the first half. Gum is more experienced having played around 40 senior SANFL games. Was serviceable. Don't think the game reflected his true capability. First game under match conditions for nearly 9 months, broke his arm last year and missed the second part of the season. Think he has the ability to really step up. If he gets back to his SANFL form pre arm break, will worry a lot of teams.
Yeh cricket trip is a bit of a worry. Interesting situation however, the senior coach for both football and cricket is the same person, Adam Edwards.:)

aberdaberdo said:
Deefer4 said:
I think people seem to forget that Keilor will be a top 4 side this year. Who do you reckon these Strathmore players are? The last time I looked they were all just blokes playing footy. Some may be better than others but time will tell. I'm sure Strathmore would take a first up win over Keilor anytime.
Aberdaberdo, if you look back at posts going back some months, (by various people), all the hype was centred on the Strathmore recruiting and the many "gun" players they had attracted. Some, like our friend Matt Pillios, were even putting them in the best 10-20 EDFL players and in the rep team, without even having seen them play! In contrast, Keilor recruiting was rarely mentioned, not that there was much to talk about, in numbers.
With all that build up, I would think that a lot of people would have been interested in some feedback on the recruits, that is exactly what I have tried to do, objectively.
I agree with you, they are all blokes playing football. It is not their fault that their status has been elevated, perhaps beyond some of their capabilities. If we believe WRFLfan, all from the WRFL except Cam Beazly, were going to be "gun" players in the EDFL, particularly Lindsay & O'Neill. Time will tell.
Also agree that any team, not just Strathmore would take a first up win over Keilor. Some however, expected the margin to be much greater.

Deefer4 said:
sticks04 said:
Agree that Alloca was very good, particularly in the first half. Probably would have been their best player in the first half. Gum is more experienced having played around 40 senior SANFL games. Was serviceable. Don't think the game reflected his true capability. First game under match conditions for nearly 9 months, broke his arm last year and missed the second part of the season. Think he has the ability to really step up. If he gets back to his SANFL form pre arm break, will worry a lot of teams.
Yeh cricket trip is a bit of a worry. Interesting situation however, the senior coach for both football and cricket is the same person, Adam Edwards.:)

anybody who has played top grade state league is going to be a handful so maybe keilor will be much better in a few weeks when they bond together

Also who was missing due to the cricket trip. I saw some keilor cricket players out on saturday night, most noticably a tall West Indian fello.

Deefer4 said:
aberdaberdo said:
Aberdaberdo, if you look back at posts going back some months, (by various people), all the hype was centred on the Strathmore recruiting and the many "gun" players they had attracted. Some, like our friend Matt Pillios, were even putting them in the best 10-20 EDFL players and in the rep team, without even having seen them play! In contrast, Keilor recruiting was rarely mentioned, not that there was much to talk about, in numbers.
With all that build up, I would think that a lot of people would have been interested in some feedback on the recruits, that is exactly what I have tried to do, objectively.
I agree with you, they are all blokes playing football. It is not their fault that their status has been elevated, perhaps beyond some of their capabilities. If we believe WRFLfan, all from the WRFL except Cam Beazly, were going to be "gun" players in the EDFL, particularly Lindsay & O'Neill. Time will tell.
Also agree that any team, not just Strathmore would take a first up win over Keilor. Some however, expected the margin to be much greater.

As I said in previous posts there are no certainties. I don't rate any of the new players until I see them perform against a good side.
My assesment -
Quinn - looks the goods although will improve with a couple of games
Hoath - played well. Best big man on the ground
Lindsay - did ok with out being damaging. Had broken hand pre-season so needs the run.
Harvey - know from St B's can play and proved it.
Goggins - showed patches but inconsistant.
Beasley - Ordinary game - fumbled and made poor choices.
Williams - looked good in the 1.5 minutes he was on the ground
Walker - didn't do much in the 2.5 minutes he was on the ground.

Only my opinion but early days yet. Looked to me like a team that will get better with more games under the belt.

Eagle One said:
Great names there and I agree the B grade comp. will be competitive but I still say Marby. are almost unbackable.

EDFL MAN where was ash flavels name in that list of west coburg players.
or is he one of the players involved in the king hitting incident.

Jett said:
Nothing really. Number one for Doutta's got a free kick for a high tackle and got up and landed a cheeky one. A few people came in to push and shove to let him know that that wasn't on. Somehow he ended up having a shot on the goal line :confused: There was some niggle but it was that sort of scrappy tight game given the very windy conditions with the ball on the deck alot. Don't worry about your team mate, IMO they're a lot better than last year (when they actually made the 4).

Not too worried about the team they will look after them selves i am sure....:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aberdaberdo said:
Deefer4 said:
As I said in previous posts there are no certainties. I don't rate any of the new players until I see them perform against a good side.
My assesment -
Quinn - looks the goods although will improve with a couple of games
Hoath - played well. Best big man on the ground
Lindsay - did ok with out being damaging. Had broken hand pre-season so needs the run.
Harvey - know from St B's can play and proved it.
Goggins - showed patches but inconsistant.
Beasley - Ordinary game - fumbled and made poor choices.
Williams - looked good in the 1.5 minutes he was on the ground
Walker - didn't do much in the 2.5 minutes he was on the ground.

Only my opinion but early days yet. Looked to me like a team that will get better with more games under the belt.

How did nutter (holman) go??? :confused:

GEGE said:
EDFL MAN where was ash flavels name in that list of west coburg players.
or is he one of the players involved in the king hitting incident.

Correction there add Flavel to my list, he wasn't involved in the incident to my knowledge. :thumbsu:

Aussie_dude said:
Deefer4 said:
anybody who has played top grade state league is going to be a handful so maybe keilor will be much better in a few weeks when they bond together

Also who was missing due to the cricket trip. I saw some keilor cricket players out on saturday night, most noticably a tall West Indian fello.

Have to agree Aussie_dude, played against him the night comp! :thumbsu:
They are both smart footballers that break the lines, they will run off lazy half forwards and be damaging with there disposal.
I might add they will only get better..... :thumbsu:

litening said:
Whats the update on the comings and goings at west Coburg.....are the guys involved in the fracas:thumbsu: heading to greener pastures or staying put...!!!!

Rumour is litening the player has not trained since the incident, West Coburg has refused to transfer the player.
Looks like the player will have to sit the year out on the side lines. :thumbsdown:

next_afl_player said:
The valley are bringing in all new young guns! Watch out for this side after the break could be a surprise for you all!

Is this a joke??? :confused:
You must be taking the ******** out of them Moonee Valley....:eek:

Allears said:
Rumour is litening the player has not trained since the incident, West Coburg has refused to transfer the player.
Looks like the player will have to sit the year out on the side lines. :thumbsdown:

Why do local clubs do that to players, if a player doesnt want to play there anymore, he should be able to move on....its only local footy, meant to be enjoyable on a saturday isnt it?....!!!!!!:thumbsdown:

Allears said:

Correct Ears,

The player concerned I believe is Nazih Abbouchi,

Not only has been denied a clearance, he has also been banned from training or playing with West Coburg.

Wants to go to Marby, has been told, they will not clear him to that club, but will to any other ??

Has a link to Marby via close mate Mark Bangit

Eagle One said:
Heartbreak Kid you seemed to have left out a few. May I mention Bruno, McBride ,McLean, Scherian, Cacopardo, Martin, McAllister, Crook, Collier, Verral, Rogers, Godden, Barclay, and the one everyone has forgotten about in Jamie Birt.APW are not flag favourites by a long shot. Maribyrnong Park hold that honour by a mile. West Coburg are second on the list followed by Glenroy and Westmeadows Then it is a toss up for 5th place between APW, Taylors Lakes and Pascoe Vale.

nice try there eagle, trying 2 deflect the attention from ur selves, but i wouldnt think any1 would b buying it.

airport west would have 2 b atleast top 2 this yr, and prob b battling it out 4 top spot come rnd 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back