EDFL moves

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagle One said:
Heartbreak Kid you seemed to have left out a few. May I mention Bruno, McBride ,McLean, Scherian, Cacopardo, Martin, McAllister, Crook, Collier, Verral, Rogers, Godden, Barclay, and the one everyone has forgotten about in Jamie Birt.APW are not flag favourites by a long shot. Maribyrnong Park hold that honour by a mile. West Coburg are second on the list followed by Glenroy and Westmeadows Then it is a toss up for 5th place between APW, Taylors Lakes and Pascoe Vale.

You seem to know a few names Eagle One you involved in the club or just very good at reading the record:)
Birt havn't heard of him sure he plays for airport west????
Heartbreak KId you say APW have no depth well if you get to see them this year look out for players such as Gallutz McBride, Bruno, Scherian, Liparota, Semmens four of who are still teenagers none get any attention like Pappa, Mecuri, Gentile get but are very good are those teenagers hav played in a few grannies together and dont play to make up numbers on the pine:D

Deefer4 said:
aberdaberdo said:
Aberdaberdo, if you look back at posts going back some months, (by various people), all the hype was centred on the Strathmore recruiting and the many "gun" players they had attracted. Some, like our friend Matt Pillios, were even putting them in the best 10-20 EDFL players and in the rep team, without even having seen them play! In contrast, Keilor recruiting was rarely mentioned, not that there was much to talk about, in numbers.
With all that build up, I would think that a lot of people would have been interested in some feedback on the recruits, that is exactly what I have tried to do, objectively.
I agree with you, they are all blokes playing football. It is not their fault that their status has been elevated, perhaps beyond some of their capabilities. If we believe WRFLfan, all from the WRFL except Cam Beazly, were going to be "gun" players in the EDFL, particularly Lindsay & O'Neill. Time will tell.
Also agree that any team, not just Strathmore would take a first up win over Keilor. Some however, expected the margin to be much greater.
Was i right about Beaza i thought his pace would have cost him not his decsion making. As for Lindsay you will see in time, and only said Josh would go well not star

aberdaberdo said:
Geez Grenvale was robbed. If that was the right free kick count Greenvale have done very well to get the draw. A player who got 21 kicks in a game would be in the votes!

Saw this game on the weekend, not being from either club have a pretty even view.

Greenvale smashed them in the first ten mins bakoulas was flying, change was made and the player that went on to him did a fantastic job, hardly had a sniff for the rest of the game...at stages was chasing kicks deep in the backline.

Paxman was kept very quiet and whoever played on him its a credit to you, the same with bicer.

If there was no scoreboard you would have thought douttas won by 4 or 5 goals as after the first ten mins they pretty much had the ball all game.

Agree their midfield is very fit and quick, although they are still not a very tall side they will be very competitive and will be a very good game between them and strathmore.

Poor kicking probably cost them in the end.

As for greenvale they are still a very good side, garbutt spent alot of time on the bench still doesnt look right, and two of their best players(bicer and paxman) kept very quiet. Fitness looked to be down so that will only improve with games.

Should be a very good year in a grade although sadly i think there will be a big gap between top and bottom sides.

Oh and as for the Free kick count, you still have to pay the free kicks if they are there...think doutta stars were just more disciplined so dont be fooled by the numbers.

Mcpherson will also be lucky to get away with the baking he gave the umpires after the game.....ABSOLUTE LUNATIC!!

Eagle One said:
The B grade comp. will be competitive but I still say Marby. are almost unbackable.

How could u say Marby are unbackable favourites for the flag when its only been 1 round and they have only beaten Tullamarine (by a mere 2 scoring shots also).
The final scroes were 15.5 to 9.9 but if Tullamarine had of kicked straighter the margin could of been alot closer.

Eagle One said:
APW are not flag favourites by a long shot. Maribyrnong Park hold that honour by a mile. West Coburg are second on the list followed by Glenroy and Westmeadows Then it is a toss up for 5th place between APW, Taylors Lakes and Pascoe Vale.

So Marby have beaten Tullamarine by an average margin but they're a team you dont even rate in the top 6-7 sides in the comp. Only after a few weeks in and we have had some of the top clashers can i think you can start talking up Marby and how good they are going to be. I definitely wouldnt call them "unbackable favourites".

JAMA said:
Correct Ears,

The player concerned I believe is Nazih Abbouchi,

Not only has been denied a clearance, he has also been banned from training or playing with West Coburg.

Wants to go to Marby, has been told, they will not clear him to that club, but will to any other ??

Has a link to Marby via close mate Mark Bangit

Jama, Abbouchi and Bangit good mates.......???
They must know each other from recovery.........:eek:
Have you heard what is happening with the other bloke that was involved?

Ken Ingram Nagambie >>> Westmeadows . . . . didnt take long!!!

bricksta said:
aberdaberdo said:
How did nutter (holman) go??? :confused:

Ecuse my ignorance but bricksta how did you go on Sat? I know you said you only live around the corner from douttas but to just be an observer and no Holman as nutter you are closer to the club than you make out. Anyone tell me about the guy that was named B.Hollow? Did he play VFL? anyone shed some light?

Aussie_dude said:
Deefer4 said:
anybody who has played top grade state league is going to be a handful so maybe keilor will be much better in a few weeks when they bond together

Also who was missing due to the cricket trip. I saw some keilor cricket players out on saturday night, most noticably a tall West Indian fello.
Not surprising that he was about. Did not plan to go on the trip as he thought he would not be in country. Missing on trip, Willmott, Andrew Lambropoulos (Rambo), Scalzo, Kelly, Periera. Last two basically reserves players. Out injured Patison, John Lambropoulos, Towns and the other Opar. Potentially eight senior players returning over the next few weeks.

Allears said:
Love you work Doona2, whats the story behind it this time champ???

Im not alligned with a club in 2006 so Im not privvy to such info sorry Allears, Clearance was lodged today, why I dont know but Im sure somebody will have the mail for us

Doona2 said:
Im not alligned with a club in 2006 so Im not privvy to such info sorry Allears, Clearance was lodged today, why I dont know but Im sure somebody will have the mail for us

Thanks Doona2, can't wait to hear why again......:D

juliand said:
bricksta said:
Ecuse my ignorance but bricksta how did you go on Sat? I know you said you only live around the corner from douttas but to just be an observer and no Holman as nutter you are closer to the club than you make out. Anyone tell me about the guy that was named B.Hollow? Did he play VFL? anyone shed some light?

Good mates with K.Carey and A.Ramsay.........enough said!!! :thumbsdown:

OrangeCutter said:
You seem to know a few names Eagle One you involved in the club or just very good at reading the record:)
Birt havn't heard of him sure he plays for airport west????
Heartbreak KId you say APW have no depth well if you get to see them this year look out for players such as Gallutz McBride, Bruno, Scherian, Liparota, Semmens four of who are still teenagers none get any attention like Pappa, Mecuri, Gentile get but are very good are those teenagers hav played in a few grannies together and dont play to make up numbers on the pine:D

I'm reading the record and guess I'm pretty lucky to have picked the players who played in the one's. As for Birt I will let you know a bit more about him when the big fella gets off the plane from WA.Need to recruit a few as Marby and West Coburg along with Glenroy and Pacco are miles in front of APW at the moment.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bricksta said:
EDFL MAN said:
by all accounts this Gluschenko is highly rated by you guys...:confused: :thumbsu:
Do you know his history? Spent three years in the SANFL after being a top player with the Calder Cannons. Made the SANFL state squad, forced out by injury. Although only around the 187 mark, played on some of the top key forwards in the SANFL, including listed AFL players. Has pace, can mark and kick long. Average season last year, second year back, but did it without a pre season and only trained once each week. Has done the pre season this year, is fitter, should have an impact.

Eagle One said:
I'm reading the record and guess I'm pretty lucky to have picked the players who played in the one's. As for Birt I will let you know a bit more about him when the big fella gets off the plane from WA.Need to recruit a few as Marby and West Coburg along with Glenroy and Pacco are miles in front of APW at the moment.:thumbsu:

Get on the old Broadford Boy's (Ezard) mob Pascoe Vale. Gotta get Johnny Taylor up and firing :thumbsu:

Deefer4 said:
bricksta said:
Do you know his history? Spent three years in the SANFL after being a top player with the Calder Cannons. Made the SANFL state squad, forced out by injury. Although only around the 187 mark, played on some of the top key forwards in the SANFL, including listed AFL players. Has pace, can mark and kick long. Average season last year, second year back, but did it without a pre season and only trained once each week. Has done the pre season this year, is fitter, should have an impact.

He also trained with the Vic metro side in '99, just missed the final cut!
Good player, l also rate him highly. I think he played under 18's with edflman, fair player 2 l might add. :thumbsu:

juliand said:
bricksta said:
yeah he came from willi played a handful of games in the ones but mainly 2nds but is a very talented footballer who will do very well at douttas good pick up for the stars

Eagle One said:
come on now mate nobodys buying into this that apw r miles behind pacco and glenroy and nowhere near marby and west coburg r u kidding me as i remember last year apw just missed finals by percentage have lost no players have young kids with another years experience under there belt from last year and have picked up 5-6 absolute guns including 2 afl players if they ain't top 3 i'll go ********en hee, mate pacco will b lucky to make the 5 glenroy may but everyone talkin up pacco give me a break they just fell in against roxy so come on pal lets talk some sense

WRFLfan said:
Deefer4 said:
Was i right about Beaza i thought his pace would have cost him not his decsion making. As for Lindsay you will see in time, and only said Josh would go well not star
Not quite accurate WRFLfan, two of your posts from Feb this year.

4th February 2006, 10:46 #947

WRFLfan
BigFooty Member

Club: Unlisted Re: EDFL moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8888
Josh O'Niell who from what i have heard is going to strathmore will be near the centre will be more than handy pickup, one of the best pick-ups of the season money wise i have heard former b&f winner and captain who leads from the front dont worry about the big names going to strathmore there are some absolute guns going there who aren 't scared of park footy like most rejects from the higher level. g
Josh is a star player asways hits a target and not a easy target does lose his feet, very strong mark rarely gets tackled and hard at stoppages will kill'em in that league
6th February 2006, 16:50 #22

WRFLfan
BigFooty Member

Club: Unlisted Re: Best Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss
Barnard, Harvey, Quinn, Williams to Strathmore in the EDFL are massive inclusions. All guns!
What about lindsay,oniell and hopes(or is Hoath) all in the top 15 in league (wrfl)

RoosterGuy said:
How could u say Marby are unbackable favourites for the flag when its only been 1 round and they have only beaten Tullamarine (by a mere 2 scoring shots also).
The final scroes were 15.5 to 9.9 but if Tullamarine had of kicked straighter the margin could of been alot closer.

So Marby have beaten Tullamarine by an average margin but they're a team you dont even rate in the top 6-7 sides in the comp. Only after a few weeks in and we have had some of the top clashers can i think you can start talking up Marby and how good they are going to be. I definitely wouldnt call them "unbackable favourites".

I'm sticking by my original quote "Marby. are short priced favourites" Glen Allison gained a lot of experience as the coach of Greenvale under 10's and is primed to take the Marby Lions all the way.

Deefer4 said:
WRFLfan said:
Not quite accurate WRFLfan, two of your posts from Feb this year.

4th February 2006, 10:46 #947

WRFLfan
BigFooty Member

Club: Unlisted Re: EDFL moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8888
Josh O'Niell who from what i have heard is going to strathmore will be near the centre will be more than handy pickup, one of the best pick-ups of the season money wise i have heard former b&f winner and captain who leads from the front dont worry about the big names going to strathmore there are some absolute guns going there who aren 't scared of park footy like most rejects from the higher level. g
Josh is a star player asways hits a target and not a easy target does lose his feet, very strong mark rarely gets tackled and hard at stoppages will kill'em in that league
6th February 2006, 16:50 #22

WRFLfan
BigFooty Member

Club: Unlisted Re: Best Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss
Barnard, Harvey, Quinn, Williams to Strathmore in the EDFL are massive inclusions. All guns!
What about lindsay,oniell and hopes(or is Hoath) all in the top 15 in league (wrfl)

Deefer4, it's always a pleasure reading your posts champ, love your work. :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Wrfl fan.......good work....:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back